922 users online (91 members and 831 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by stephsb View Post
    Chlorine bleach is a common crime scene contaminant. When chlorine bleach is poured in a garage to the extent it is splashing on Brendan's pants, and used to wipe up blood, that garage should have lit up like a Christmas tree, and wiping patterns should have been present. I linked an article about this in thread #2. The jurors shouldn't be assuming what kind of bleach is used, this is a trial, it deals w. evidence. if the State wants to use Brendan's pants to show he used chlorine bleach to clean Avery's garage, then prove it, and I'll accept it. Until then, I'm not accepting Brendan cleaned that garage on hearsay and his "confession". I respect your opinion on this issue, but I think it's completely valid for people to also believe that chlorine bleach was not used to clean Avery's garage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the fact that I'm saying what Brendan's defense lawyer says happened, means nothing to you ?

    Please just go to the 4/16 dassey trial doc and read what brendan's lawyer said happened on page 85, and if he used bleach. Then just say you don't believe him

    I don't understand why you have a problem with what his own defense is saying :
    They go into the garage, and there’s a small area behind the lawnmower as if something had spilled. Steven takes some gasoline and pours it onto this little area, and they use some clothing, old rags, that sop up the mess, and as they begin to clean it up with these old clothes and old rags, they throw them onto the fire, and they do that for about a half hour. Steven tries some gasoline and paints — paint thinner to help clean up the area, and some bleach as well

    This keeps getting questioned when I mention it. But it's not even something the dassey defense denied. In fact they are using it , to explain the pants.

    This is dizzying. I apologize if I am somehow being unclear, but to me personally this makes complete sense, and apparently the defense lawyer is in agreement.

    However.. if someone thinks that I am saying this to incriminate brendan - they get all defensive.

    To me, it's just very reasonable stuff. It actually calls no one a liar and incriminates no one.

    I keep saying the defense accepts this, and never even mentions oxygenated bleach, because it's completely irrelevant. just confusing the core point.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,301
    Of course he would have bleach on his pants if he helped SA clean a garage with bleach. The question is, was he helping him clean deer blood, TH's blood, or did he even know what SA was cleaning up?

    To me, bleach on the pants of a boy we can clearly see being railroaded by LE isn't some smoking gun as evidence he knowingly committed a horrendous murder. My favorite is the "incriminating evidence" of a bottle of bleach existing anywhere on that property. It's such a common item. JMO

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Of course he would have bleach on his pants if he helped SA clean a garage with bleach. The question is, was he helping him clean deer blood, TH's blood, or did he even know what SA was cleaning up?

    To me, bleach on the pants of a boy we can clearly see being railroaded by LE isn't some smoking gun as evidence he knowingly committed a horrendous murder. My favorite is the "incriminating evidence" of a bottle of bleach existing anywhere on that property. It's such a common item. JMO

    Zero argument on what you say here, and it's what I've said numerous times.

    Which is why I am just beyond confused as to why people just want to keep debating this bleach stuff.

    Only thing I am saying is that I BELIEVE that brendan helped Steve clean the floor that day.

    There is NOTHING wrong with that, and the defense is telling us that it was completely innocent and brendan had no idea what he was cleaning or if it was blood or oil or anything else.

    Debating that bleach was used or not and what type, just seems silly, because it changes nothing. The defense is saying that the bleach stains on the pants came from this event.



    The bleach , the cleaning, and even the spot on the floor in themselves are not incriminating. Similar events happen everyday in garages all over this country, without a murder.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by chaleigh26 View Post
    Oh now I gotcha!!
    I thought you were trying to sneak that pillow in again
    Haha, not here.

    But yet another topic that people refuse to accept is plausible. They apparently think that the only way someone can kill someone is by choosing a method that maximizes splatter.

    I am not even convinced she was killed in that garage.

    But choosing to shoot someone and splatter blood all over the place, isn't plausible to me. But one reason to insist that's the way it HAD TO HAPPEN is so you can say "How did they clean up all that splatter?"

    In that case, it's a great position to take

    just not that objective and ignores very plausible alternatives

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuchess View Post
    Well, it is quite possible he used bleach to clean the garage, however, the chlorine bleach that stains clothes doesn't get rid of blood. So it is truly immaterial, no?
    Maybe they watched A LOT of TV commercials and saw that annoying guy and used Oxy Clean. I'm just kidding. I didn't know about the chlorine bleach and blood....thanks!
    I did find a site that has some good info about general forensics, though.
    http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxManning View Post
    haha. someone mentioned the comment barb made regarding what brendan told her about the pants.

    It's obvious that chlorine bleach stained his pants.

    If we believe barb janda was told by brendan that he helped clean steve's garage floor with bleach -- then yes, you believe the floor was bleached.

    Chlorine bleach does NOT clean blood, so that is consistent with the blood stain in the garage as there was a luminol hit --- it doesn't mean there was chlorine bleach is proven to be used, it just means we believe brendan, barb and his pants.

    Bryan says that brendan was going to clean steve's garage floor. No mention of bleach. But it's another person that mentions cleaning that floor. What was used, is not important to his statement. Only to corroborate that brendan did indeed help clean the garage floor -- of whatever was there oil, or whatnot.

    Brendan's PANTS in addition to all this stuff above, suggests that he indeed was using bleach, if barb and brendan are telling the truth.

    Again, I honestly find that most probable is that they were honest because they had no reason to lie. Doesn't mean they didn't lie, but just means i think lying would have been the thing that would have spared them a lot of grief -- not telling the truth.

    so yes, i think that makes me believe it's probable that it's truth.

    no facts. just probability and plausibility.
    BBM

    Sorry to have to resurrect this old thread - but apparently some folks still believe that the kind of bleach that got on Brendan's jeans is a kind of bleach that erases blood evidence and DNA.

    "Murderers desperate to get rid of evidence might want to consider using bleach to wash away stains. But not just any bleach will do. When old-school chlorine-based bleach is splashed all over blood-stained clothing, even if the clothes are washed ten times, DNA is still detected.

    So for the criminal aspiring for perfection, here’s the secret you’ll need to know: It’s the oxygen-producing detergents that will get rid of any incriminating evidence for good.


    Researchers at the University of Valencia tested oxygen bleach on blood-stained clothing for two hours and found that it destroys all DNA evidence. Forensic tests such as luminol tests rely on the ability of blood to uptake oxygen: A protein in the blood called hemoglobin (responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body) reacts with hydrogen peroxide and gives a positive test result.


    Chlorine-based detergents contaminate blood, but leave behind intact hemoglobin."


    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/di.../#.WLy5Un81yxk

    So the bleach spots on Brendan's jeans mean nothing, yet some folks have been fooled into thinking it's 'evidence' of a crime having been committed. Sad.

    IMHO
    Last edited by proudfootz; 03-05-2017 at 10:14 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post

    So the bleach spots on Brendan's jeans mean nothing, yet some folks have been fooled into thinking it's 'evidence' of a crime having been committed. Sad.

    INHO
    RSBM

    Don't go confusing people with the FACTS proudfootz

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    417
    They were confused already.

    MOO

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by proudfootz View Post
    They were confused already.

    MOO

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    Dassey-Exhibit-054.jpg

    Here are BD's bleached jeans.

    I saw the picture awhile back when KK's gf shared it on twitter.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    417
    No evidence of TH on those jeans.

    I have several knives with no TH DNA on them.

    Occam's Razor suggests the same explanation for both phenomena.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,865
    I really think the bleach on Brendan's jeans is a moot point for all the reasons mentioned, and if that's all they have not very convincing, IMO
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Dassey-Exhibit-054.jpg

    Here are BD's bleached jeans.

    I saw the picture awhile back when KK's gf shared it on twitter.
    No wonder his mom noticed. I didn't know he had bleach all the way up to the crotch area.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    No wonder his mom noticed. I didn't know he had bleach all the way up to the crotch area.


    Missy~~help me out here...

    IIRC, were those jeans found on the floor by the washing machine at BJ's house? Those jeans were not YET washed IIRC. If that is the case and BD was handling TH's body, wouldn't HER DNA be found on those jeans???
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    IIRC, the jeans were washed and put away. When BD was interviewed on Feb 27th at the Fox Hills Hotel (the unrecorded interview), this is when the bleached jeans were brought up. BD went with Wiegert/Fassbender on March 1st to pick them up at the house.

    As for the jeans themselves... looking at them, I can picture a kid with a rag using his feet/shoes to swish around a rag, splashing up bleach, picking up the bleached rag, hands get wet... he wipes them on his jeans (because kids are buggars like that lol). There was NO DNA of TH's found on the jeans. I would love to see KZ test those jeans to see if there was any residue on them from fluids typically found in a vehicle, which is what BD said they were cleaning up after SA cut a line in one of his vehicles by accident.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA - Mom Spikes Mac & Cheese With Bleach, Moon Twp
    By Casshew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM

Tags for this Thread