CANADA Canada - Deborah Laurent-Gervais, 57, McMasterville, QC, 30 Nov 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Deborah Laurent-Gervais
11572516.jpg

Family seeks help finding missing McMasterville woman

"The family of a McMasterville woman who has been missing for over 40 days is pleading for the public’s help to find her.

Deborah Laurent-Gervais, 57, was last seen at 12:45 p.m. Nov. 30 at her home in McMasterville, 30 kilometres east of Montreal near Mont-Saint-Hilaire.

Her disappearance was reported to police on Dec. 5.

The woman has gone missing once before, but returned after 10 days. This time her family is losing hope.

Every day, Tina Gervais and her uncle look at a Facebook page they have created for her missing mother, afraid of what news they may receive.

Laurent-Gervais left her home without her purse, wallet or bank card.

“Anything could have happened soI'm very concerned,” said Gervais."

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/family-seeks-help-finding-missing-mcmasterville-woman-1.2731049

This is local to me and I have many mutual friends with the daughter. It's a very strange case. She did disappear before from their home in Greenfield Park in the fall of 2013. ( they moved to their current home in Mcmasterville in the past year or so). In the previous disappearance she returned on her own in 10 days and had spent the time apparently in fast food restaurants and living on "vacant land" in the area.
That in itself is strange as we don't have a homeless population in this area ( very suburban) and it was pretty cold during this time period. But anyway the police back then seem to have confirmed the story.
She doesn't seem to drive or have access to a car. This wouldn't have been an issue where they were living before in Greenfield Park but they then uprooted and moved away to the middle of nowhere McMasterville where not only would her lack of transport be an issue but her being English would too. It would have been VERY isolating for her to live there. It seems it was just her and her husband living there and the rest of the family stayed in Greenfield Park. Don't like that the last person to have contact was husband. People would have noticed an English speaking woman in the local area, in stores, etc.

She had suicidal thoughts prior to her last disappearance. I wonder what kind of help she received when she returned home after being away for 10 days? I hope she did but they seem to have picked up and moved away not long after. In Greenfield Park she would have been able to access numerous mental health services in English and would have been well supported. In McMasterville it would have been very difficult to get support. The whole move is strange. Also McMasterville is located on the shore of the Richelieu River :( Please come home if you can Deborah. I don't have a good feeling about this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back