774 users online (103 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Alyssa Cantu, 12, Harris County, 10 January 2016

Alyssa Cantu

HCSO: AUTHORITIES SEARCH FOR MISSING 12-YEAR-OLD, LAST SEEN IN WEST HARRIS CO.

"Authorities need your help in finding a missing 12-year-old Harris County girl.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office says Alyssa Cantu was last seen around 7:30pm Sunday in Cinco Ranch.

She is diabetic and is insulin dependent every three hours, according to authorities.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact the HCSO Missing Person Unit at (713) 221-6000."

http://abc13.com/news/hcso-authoriti...-girl/1153994/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She's 12? Wow, hoping she gets home safely.

There's not much out there, hopefully she's found soon before she has a medical problem. She doesn't look like a 12 year old in that picture..

Cantu was last seen wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans and an unknown color jacket.

http://abc13.com/news/hcso-authoriti...-girl/1153994/

Thank you for posting. This is my neighborhood. I am going to look around and see if I can find additional information. Cinco Ranch is an affluent area of Katy, Texas, a suburb on the west side of Houston. She does look older than 12.

Also Cinco Ranch is partially in Harris County and Ft. Bend County, the Ft. Bend side being the more affluent of the two. This helps me narrow done the potential middle/junior high schools she may attend. I have some teacher friends I can talk to, but hopefully the news will be filling out some details today.

Getting some information that she lives in a subdivision north of I-10 that is not considered Cinco Ranch, but is in Katy. However, the article says "Last Seen" in Cinco Ranch.
    Last edited by Xina_Marie; 01-11-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Some new information from the mother. She commented on the local ABC Channel 13 Facebook page. I am summarizing: It was closer to 6:00 PM when she was last seen in the Lakes of Bridgewater neighborhood off of Mason and Morton Roads (this is NOT Cinco Ranch). Someone saw her standing by a gold 4 door sedan that was wrecked in the front and is missing the front license plate.

This happened in my neighborhood and it is very distressing to hear. Prayers to her and her family. I wonder why an Amber alert has not been issued...?

30 minutes ago her aunt Rebecca Chandler posted on the Covering Katy Facebook page that she has been found and is safe.

There is another 12 year old girl missing from Houston, TX as of this morning she was not in her bed and her window was open.
    http://www.fox26houston.com/news/loc...73050558-story

Seems Alyssa was voluntarily missing. On a community FB page I am on, a woman says she had her daughter (whom Alyssa knows from church) message her on Instagram and persuade her to come over to the friend's house, telling her no one was at home. She replied and came over and the police and her parents were waiting for her.

Here is MSM confirmation she has been found. http://www.click2houston.com/news/gi...nco-ranch-area

Can we have a mod move this to the Found thread?

What great news..