David Bowie, 69, has died of cancer, Jan 2016

Oh NOOO. I didn't realize he was sick. How sad. RIP Sir David. :rose: :star: :rose:

It is very sad! It was only his birthday 2 days ago. :crying:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69
by Mike Barnes, THR Staff
1/10/2016 10:42pm PST

The singer-songwriter and producer dabbled in glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career.

David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 69.
"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the artist's official social media accounts.
Figures...I "tasted"other things in the days of Bowie, et al. Now, I'm truly "tasting" mortality.

It's only rock and roll, but I kinda like it the way it is...

[video=youtube;fPDUV-NS1a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDUV-NS1a0[/video]

Salute to Major Tom...May God's love be with you.

[video=youtube;iYYRH4apXDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo[/video]

O.M.G.
Never ever did I think I'd see this just now.

I am in shock and now I cry"..........God only knows.....what I'd be without you "

This is very sad news. It has left many of us shocked. I didn't hear he was sick either.

:rose: RIP David Bowie :rose:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/legendary-artist-david-bowie-dies-69-064252101.html

"David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his representative confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.'

“David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer."

Planet Earth is blue and there ain't a da*n frickin' thing I can do.
emoticons-1_zps0f62c35f.jpg

To say this is the end of an era is woefully inadequate. I know I don't have a full appreciation for all Sir David did for music, because of my age (I'm in my mid 40s), but I know how much he shaped my appreciation and love of music and individuality.

He was a true, groundbreaking artist. He will be missed, and can never be replaced.

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know he had cancer. Even some older people liked him. I know I did.He was only 4 years older than me.

RIP David Bowie.

Rock Visionary David Bowie Dies at 69
by Alex Johnson and Shamar Walters
Rock chameleon and visionary David Bowie died Sunday after a long battle with cancer, his business manager told NBC News. He was 69 years old and had just released his 47th album, "Blackstar," to strong reviews.

Bill Zysblat, Bowie's business manager, said he had few details, but he confirmed that Bowie, who was born David Jones in 1947 and was inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in 1996, died sometime before midnight.

Bowie's son Duncan also confirmed the news early Monday on Twitter.

3JwS42G.jpg

Though I've passed one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still...

So as I sit here crumpled in tears, pondering the meaning of life and mortality, my 75-year-old beloved musician husband awakens, and walks into the kitchen. "Hey love", says I, "Bowie died."

"Oh, no *****. Did you put away the ice cream?"

C'est la vie. Maybe "that's" what it's all about. Don't ask me, because I'm clueless.

David Bowie...oh RIP beautiful man. I am gutted. I think the passing of David, among others is reminding me of my reckless youth that fled in the blink of an eye, it seems. I shouldn't be this sad, but I am. Drinking wine and listening to old Bowie tunes. What a huge loss, for me, for us, for his family, for the world.

Turn and face the strain...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back