836 users online (74 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    The reason I don't find *67 suspicious is the surrounding circumstances. What would be the point when Teresa, Auto Trader, your family, and who knows who else knows she's headed to your house that day?

To me, it supports the suggestion that it was habit, that he wanted to protect his actual phone number from being leaked to the public or whatever (he had just been exonerated, what, a year prior? That's still fairly hot news). And if it's true that *67 isn't included when you redial, it supports the idea that the last call was a misdial. JMO.

What we should be asking in order to discredit that suggestion is: Did he use *67 for any other calls, not JUST to Teresa? Or is she the ONLY person he used *67 on who wasn't a regular contact (family/friend).

Question about Strang's explanation being in interviews that Avery values his privacy:

If that's the case, during the trial did the defense show any other examples on Avery's phone records of using *67?

I guess we'll find out soon when we can read the transcripts.
    Last edited by Sleuther87; 01-11-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Why would Avery need to hide his phone number when calling TH? The logical inference is he didn't want her to know it was him calling so that she would pick up the call.

Phone companies can absolutely tell what digits were dialed and by whom. Everything is computerized and dialing patterns are part of the data that is captured. Phone companies know if a call went to VM or if it was answered... they can find out all of those variables.

In setting up the visit with AutoTrader (i.e. TH), SA gave his sister's name and his sister's phone number. There was a call to the sister's phone that day from either Auto Trader or TH (can't remember which). Yet it was SA who was on hand to meet with TH and it was SA who was with her and, as far as we know, no one else besides Brendan was there (Brendan said he was there after taking some mail over to SA's trailer).

If this were anyone else, someone who hadn't just been exonerated less than 2 years earlier which was a high-profile exoneration meaning lots of press, I would wonder more about *67.

As stated numerous times before, he gave the name and number of the person who was selling the vehicle. It was Barb's vehicle.

Were it any other day and any other situation, none of that would even register as strange. It only does now because TH disappeared. JMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    The reason I don't find *67 suspicious is the surrounding circumstances. What would be the point when Teresa, Auto Trader, your family, and who knows who else knows she's headed to your house that day?

To me, it supports the suggestion that it was habit, that he wanted to protect his actual phone number from being leaked to the public or whatever (he had just been exonerated, what, a year prior? That's still fairly hot news). And if it's true that *67 isn't included when you redial, it supports the idea that the last call was a misdial. JMO.

What we should be asking in order to discredit that suggestion is: Did he use *67 for any other calls, not JUST to Teresa? Or is she the ONLY person he used *67 on who wasn't a regular contact (family/friend).
    I agree.

Can someone link me to where it states for a fact that a VOICEMAIL was left by SA at 4:35 asking Teresa where she is? As far as I know, that was a tale made up by Kratz to say it was SA's way of trying to create an alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Can someone link me to where it states for a fact that a VOICEMAIL was left by SA at 4:35 asking Teresa where she is? As far as I know, that was a tale made up by Kratz to say it was SA's way of trying to create an alibi.
    So you are saying there is documentation showing there was really no voicemail ever left by him at that time? Did the defense attorneys in his trial prove that to be false? Who testified that he never made the voicemail at 4.35? It has been 10+ years so I have a difficult time remembering particular testimony by some who testified.

TIA

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    So you are saying there is documentation showing there was really no voicemail ever left by him at that time? Did the defense attorneys in his trial prove that to be false? Who testified that he never made the voicemail at 4.35? It has been 10+ years so I have a difficult time remembering particular testimony by some who testified.

TIA

IMO
    Um. What.

How in the world would there be documentation of something that never existed? Do you have documentation that a voicemail DID exist?

TIA

IMO
    It was reported all over the news right after she went missing. If you look at the old thread here from 2005, it is mentioned several times. Not sure if had been proven in court or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    It was reported all over the news right after she went missing. If you look at the old thread here from 2005, it is mentioned several times. Not sure if had been proven in court or not.
    Not to slit hairs but... My phone logs time any call from the moment I dial. I've called many of my children's missing phones and found that their phone doesn't even ring until my phone is on the third ring. By then I'm already listed as ten seconds in and no one has even picked up yet. 13 probably wouldn't even get you through the "Hi! You've reached Teresa blah, blah, blah... I'm unavailable right now. Please leave..." On the other hand, her calls after Avery's averaged 50 seconds. THOSE calls would presumably, based on time, result in voice mails being left. I'm hard pressed to see how he left any voice mail for her based on the 13 seconds.

TIA

IMO
    This is from a 2007 news report of the trial proceedings.

"Halbach's phone records show she got one call from Auto Trader on Halloween morning and a second call about 2:27 p.m., said Laura Schadrie of Cingular, Halbach's cell phone provider. The second call lasted five minutes, suggesting she was alive then."

"Halbach's phone records show she got a call from Avery at 4:35 p.m. that lasted 13 seconds but she couldn't tell if it was answered or went into voice mail, Schadrie said."
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    He may have tricked her into thinking she was going to be meeting with his sister, who was the owner of the van that was being sold. He twice used *67 when he called and the number she was given to call was his sister's number. Whether she believed that or not I don't know, but those are the facts in terms of the phone calls.

I just posted this in another thread and thought it would be of more interest in this thread. (so many threads LOL)

Day 1, page 128 ... opening statements:

5 What we do know is that someone sees her

6 later. And Steven Avery calls her later, as a

7 matter of fact, from his cell phone. Again, he

8 calls her cell phone at about 4:35 that

9 afternoon. Why, because he thought, I have got

10 another car I would like to sell. I might as

11 well, if she's still around, or if she can swing

12 back, I might as well have her shoot that one

13 too.

14 But he doesn't get an answer from her,

15 doesn't answer the phone, when he calls at 4:35.

16 He sticks around.

So that is as close as we are going to get to an explanation. Strang goes on to say that Jodi called a land line phone at 5:30 and 9pm. There is another answer, yes he did have a land line, which I think most of us assumed since Jodi had to call collect and you can't call a cell collect.

Quote Originally Posted by eve314 View Post
    1. To what extent are the 3 phone calls important in ascertaining Steven Avery's guilt?
    2. What are the implications of using *67?
    3. What are your thoughts/theories on the last 13 sec, non *67 call?

I find it weird that on SA's bill it says that call at 4:35 the call lasted 00 seconds. However on TH's bill it states that call was 13 seconds long. Is this odd? How do you think this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    So we should assume Avery called her and left a message asking why she never showed up to create doubt she was ever there. Then he does interviews on television saying she was there. If he had left a "Hey, why didn't you show up yet?" message he wouldn't have done interviews admitting she had been there.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast