Remembering Teresa Halbach *No Discussion*

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
While it is quite natural to want to delve further into this case, I think a thread for Ms. Halbach, is in order. After all, regardless of anyone's feelings with regard to the accused's guilt or innocence, who may or not be released at some point in the future, Ms. Halbach was never given a choice of life. Her candle was snuffed out before she even had a chance grow old, have children, maybe even grandchildren. Or, even if she did not want a family, to pursue her dreams. That was all ripped away from her. And she was ripped away from her loved ones.

Teresa_zpst5rlofse.jpg

With that being said, I am starting this thread for Ms. Halbach.

[video=youtube;pxrBq8MHQjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrBq8MHQjw[/video]​

3202d77f.gif

Who Was Teresa Halbach? 'Making a Murderer' Brings Her Case To The Public's Attention

Just as victims in question in “Serial” and “The Jinx” deserved to have their life stories told by the people who loved them, so does Teresa Halbach. So here's what we know about her:

[...]

She Grew Up On A Farm

[...]

She Was An Audacious Traveler, But Kept Family Close

[...]

She Worked As A Photographer

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Bustle

3202d77f.gif

Halbach's loss felt by friends

This story was originally published by The Post-Crescent on Nov. 13, 2005

She laughed easy and often.

She could work the crowd and pull friends up on stage with her on karaoke nights.

In business, she wanted to run her own photography business, and it didn't take her long to get started.

She was fiercely loyal to friends and family — so much so she returned to her hometown about two years after graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.

This is the Teresa Halbach her friends and family are mourning following Thursday's announcement that the St. John woman was likely slain at a Manitowoc County auto salvage yard.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Post Crescent

3202d77f.gif

What Netflix Missed with “Making a Murderer”

I remember the early days of November, 2005 vividly.

How could I not? A young woman just a few years younger than me had disappeared. I, a young local tv reporter, was assigned to accompany one of the many groups of people that were putting up flyers with her face on it, asking for anyone who knew anything to come forward.

Her name was Teresa Halbach.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

medium

Teresa's video diary.

"What were Teresa's hopes and dreams? What did she love?"

[video=youtube;PAZqaOjxDfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZqaOjxDfs[/video]

3202d77f.gif

Teresa Halbach supporters feel 'Making a Murderer' ignores her story

Teresa Halbach's murder is at the center of the world wide phenomena, “Making a Murderer", a 10-part Netflix series that's prime binge watching material for millions across the world.

Deep in the hundreds of hours of never before seen video NBC26 stored for more than a decade, is the story of a 25-year-old photographer with dreams to fulfill.

[...]

Alvear said she had to make people aware that Halbach is what's missing. She says the series doesn't do her justice.

“At the heart of every story are people, real human beings, and you owe it to them to present the story that represents them with dignity,” Alvear said.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Friends remember Halbach for her kindness and tender photos

http://host.madison.com/news/local/...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Some key quotes below, (it's an old 2005 article, so just in case the link stops working) :

"She always seemed to be one of those people who knew what to tell you," Hillegas remembered. "I'm going to miss most just being able to sit down with her and talk. She was the person I'd go to for relationship advice. She provided my girl perspective on things."

in the close-knit group of young people whom Halbach socialized with, she was pretty much the one everybody sought counsel from when they were having problems.

Hillegas spoke of Halbach on Saturday morning from her rented Calumet County farmhouse, where he and another friend are staying to keep an eye on things. It was some comfort, he said, to be surrounded by his good friend's belongings, her photographs and her cat, Mila.

"She was always the organizer," Pitzen remembered, "always the one bringing people together."

Her friends all described her as being nearly always cheerful with a face built for smiling and laughter, adventurous and unafraid, and very serious about the responsibilities of friendship and family.

"I want others to know that Teresa was always the kind of person that people just gravitated toward," Pitzen said. "She was always bubbly and smiling. And she was always there to listen. If you didn't go to her for advice, you could be sure she would search you down."

To a person, Halbach's friends also fondly remembered another surprising trait, one that says something about her enthusiasm for life and which made each of them laugh as they explained.
Halbach could not resist a karaoke stage. She was fabulous, Pitzen and Hillegas recalled, and became an absolute ham when she took the stage.
"I think she liked the freedom it gave her," Hillegas said. "She'd dance and point and play the character of the person in the song. We're all going to do a karaoke in her honor."

"I'll never forget her genuineness, her sincerity, and how she honestly loved people," Kluth said Saturday. "And she was such a faithful friend. I remember once I had to visit dairy farms for my job and I called Teresa and asked if she would go along and take some photographs. And there she was with her camera tromping through manure with me. It was just so cool to have a friend like that, who would laugh and say, I don't care where we are or what we're doing, I'm with you and that's what is important.' "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back