Found Deceased LA - Deputy Sulyn Prince, 69, Homer, 11 January 2016 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Sulyn Prince
9627633_G.jpg

Foul play suspected in Homer missing person case

"Homer police have called in forensic scientists from Louisiana State Police to help investigate a missing person case.

Police were called to a home in the 300 block of Bridges Street around 8:00 a.m. Monday on reports that 69-year-old Sulyn Prince was missing.

When officers arrived on the scene, they say they found evidence consistent with foul play.

Homer police then called in Louisiana State Police Investigators and forensic scientists with LSP to process the scene.

9627464_G.jpg

Authorities are searching an area near the 300 block of Bridges street for 69-year-old Sulyn Prince who was reported missing Monday morning (Source: KSLA News 12 Troy Washington)

Homer Police Chief Russell Mills couldn't go into further details with KSLA News 12, but insisted that at this point, the department is investigating the case as a missing person.

Deputy Chief Bobby Igo with the Webster Parish Sheriff's Office confirmed that Prince works for the Webster Parish Sheriff's Office at the Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center where she is a Master Control Operator.

Police say some of Prince's family members are on the scene."

http://www.fox8live.com/story/30938...lienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&sf18604361=1

Reading through her Facebook is so heartbreaking. I hope she is found alive & safe. Praying for her & her family.

Oh no😢so sad.
I'm guessing there must be blood or something of that kind to fear foul play.

Reading through her Facebook is so heartbreaking. I hope she is found alive & safe. Praying for her & her family.

I can't see anything more recent than February. What am I missing?

Hmmm...she worked at the Webster Parish Sheriff's Department. I'm sure they'll work extra hard on this, wow.

Webster Parish Sheriff’s Office employee missing, foul play suspected
Homer Police Chief Russell Mills says Prince’s daughter was unable to contact her by phone and called police to check on her.

Mills said police went to her home on a welfare check. Once police arrived at the home, he said they found evidence consistent with foul play.

He wouldn’t elaborate on details, but said Louisiana State Police Investigators and forensic scientists with LSP were called in to process the scene.

Prince works at Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Facility, Mills said.

http://press-herald.com/foul-play-suspected/

Hmm she works in the correctional facility. It's possible this might be someone she has had contact with.
All MOO!

Missing Homer woman found dead, 1 arrested. Louisiana State Police say the body of 69-year-old Sulyn Prince has been found and an arrest has been made in the case. Homer police were called to a home in the 300 block of Bridges Street around 8:00 a.m. Monday on reports that Prince was missing.

When officers arrived on the scene, they say they found evidence consistent with foul play. Her body was found Monday night in a shallow grave in a wooded area behind her house. http://www.ksla.com/story/30938602/missing-homer-woman-found-dead-1-arrested

I can't see anything more recent than February. What am I missing?

You weren't/aren't missing anything. I was just reading through her previous post from years ago. I couldn't see any post resent except profile pic changes and etc;.

Snipped by me.

Investigators and forensic examiners worked through Monday night processing the scene and following leads that later led to the arrest of Jermaine Johnson, 35, of Homer, on a charge of second-degree murder. Louisiana State Police Trooper Matt Harris, of state police Troop G, said Johnson lived in a house behind Prince.

The investigation is ongoing and could lead to more charges, according to state police.

There's a mugshot for Jermaine Johnson, same age and town as is noted for the named suspect, for a previous rape conviction. I won't post a link as I can't be sure it's the same guy as I've seen no picture of the suspect posted yet, but just ugh, ugh, ugh. :(

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/crime/2016/01/12/man-arrested-murder-homer-woman/78674300/

Johnson had been released from BDCC in early 2015. He had been incarcerated on a rape charge, and registered as a sex offender upon his release.

Sexton said he didn't know if Prince and Johnson had any prior interactions during his time in prison, nor did he know if this connection had anything to do with her death...

Due to the potential for more charges, any additional details such as cause of death and the relationship between Prince and Johnson are being withheld currently.

RIP Sulyn, will be thinking of her family. Good to see the police move so fast on this one

Prince's body was discovered Monday night in a shallow grave in a wooded area behind her house.

Investigators and forensic examiners worked through Monday night processing the scene and following leads that later led to the arrest of Jermaine Johnson, 35, of Homer, on a charge of second-degree murder. Louisiana State Police Trooper Matt Harris, of state police Troop G, said Johnson lived in a house behind Prince.

If convicted as charged, Johnson could serve life in prison without benefit of parole.

The investigation is ongoing and could lead to more charges, according to state police.

"And I'm praying and hoping he isn't the one that did this crime," said Johnson's cousin, Ronnie Smith.

Johnson lived behind Prince. According to Smith, he would even lend an occasional helping hand.

"I heard he was working, helping the lady work! I'm not sure about none of that either," Smith said.

http://www.ksla.com/story/30938602/missing-homer-woman-found-dead-1-arrested

Jermaine Johnson.jpg
Jermaine Johnson--Age 35

Another senseless crime. It just goes to show it's impossible to reform these sex offenders.
I'm guessing she must have befriended him and thought he may have changed his ways. This is how he repays her.

I have no idea why these guys do what they do, I suppose they are just wired differently than the rest of us.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/31428488/...omicide?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

In a surprising development, a second man has been charged in the slaying of a Claiborne Parish woman who was killed at her home and then buried in a makeshift grave nearby.

The Claiborne Parish grand jury on Wednesday indicted Andrew D. Critton, 40, for second-degree murder in the death of 69-year-old Sulyn Prince of Homer. Critton was arrested Tuesday.

The grand jury also indicted Jermaine Johnson, 35, who was arrested the day after Prince’s body was discovered in a shallow grave. He’s also charged with second-degree murder.

Johnson, a convicted rapist, lived next door to Prince, a Webster Parish sheriff's deputy who worked at the parish jail. He was developed as a suspect as a team of law enforcement officers scoured the area around Prince’s home after finding blood and other evidence in her home that indicated foul play.

Claiborne District Attorney Danny Newell would not disclose what new evidence linked Critton to the slaying.

“Evidence accumulated during the investigation by State Police” was all Newell would say on the connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back