765 users online (98 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Breaking News, Tuesday January 12, 2016- Iran Detains American Sailors

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Hoping they are safe and will be released soon. Like in the next few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Hoping they are safe and will be released soon. Like in the next few minutes.
    I have been listening to Fox News Channel 114 on SiriusXM radio. Anonymous officials in the Department of State have said the "broken-down boat" story is "fishy" & the Pentagon says communication with the boats was lost. The Iranians have said they will release them (one is a female) but not where or when. The anonymous official also said they assume the Iranians are tearing the boats apart looking at our technology. In another story last week, a missile used in war exercises near the two Koreas was mistakenly shipped to Cuba, which has not yet been returned.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...rt-claims.html
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Sounds a lot like 1980 all over again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................
    I pray for peace in a world gone mad.

All posts are IMHO only!

Quote Originally Posted by libraryg View Post
    Sounds a lot like 1980 all over again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................
    That was one "fun" year, I don't want to go through that again..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1

Iran is now saying that any imminent release of the sailors is pure speculation on the part of the person who is saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    That was one "fun" year, I don't want to go through that again..
    I know what you mean, poppa rob. If the Iranians hold these military personnel until Jan. 20, 2017, Donald Trump will be elected our next President. Do you think that is partly why they are doing this? History repeating itself?

I don't have a link because I heard it on TV, but the soldiers are now free.

BIG JMO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...d=ansmsnnews11

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — All 10 U.S. Navy sailors detained by Iran after drifting into its territorial waters a day earlier have been freed, the U.S. and Iran said Wednesday.

The Navy said the American crewmembers returned safely and there were no indications they had been harmed while in custody.
    (But it's not a top news story or anything. Grrr.)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-incident.html

This article talks about the sailors being treated like POWs (see pic) and the apology one sailor was forced to make. Also, in the car today listening to Greta van Sustern on SiriusXM channel 114, the boats were not broken in anyway, nor do 'sources' say, they did not drift 50 miles into Iranian waters as Iran claims.

The U.S. Navy has relieved of command the head of a Riverine Squadron who oversaw the 10 American sailors who in January were held by Iran for 15 hours after straying into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf.

"Commander, Coastal Riverine Group (CRG) 1, relieved Cmdr. Eric Rasch of his duties May 12 as commanding officer of Coastal Riverine Squadron (CRS) 3," said a statement issued by the Navy on Thursday.

According to the statement, "Rasch was relieved due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command."
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=39079977

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...-shock-nation/
    I guess we won't know all the details for at least a year or more.