GUILTY OH - Major Howard, 3, killed in drive-by shooting, Cleveland, 15 Sept 2015

PastTense

Reaction score
A 23-year-old Warrensville Heights man was taken into custody in connection to the drive-by shooting that killed 3-year-old Major Howard.

Cleveland police obtained an arrest warrant Tuesday morning charging Aaron Dunnings in the boy's death. Members of the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force arrested him the same morning on the 700 block of East 90th Street in Cleveland, according to Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia. Dunnings faces a charge of aggravated murder in the Sept. 15 shooting.

Authorities are still searching for Donnell Lindsey who investigators think was also involved in the shooting.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...arrested_in_cleveland.html#incart_river_index

635780297486918607-howard.JPG

Oh No. What an adorable boy. This is so devastating. He looks like he was such a joy. RIP Young Major:rose:

What an absolutely beautiful smile Major had! I can't even imagine never seeing him grin again, not hearing him laugh. :no:

Yes, katydid, Major appeared to be a complete joy! Just looking at him warmed my heart, and broke it, in an instant.

Rest In Peace, sweet little :angel:

Another precious little one, gone far too soon!!!

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_330498/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=A9V3J6OE

Charges DISMISSED against man arrested in the death of Major Howard

Cleveland 19 Digital Team

Jan 26, 2016 12:01 PM

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Charges were dismissed without prejudice Tuesday for the suspect accused of killing*Major Howard.

Aaron Dunnings, 23, was arrested January 12 and charged with shooting and killing the 3-year-old*last September.*He was being held on *advertiser censored*$1.5M bond.

Major*was shot while sitting in *advertiser censored*car on East 113th Street and later died following surgery at*MetroHealth Medical Center. *Rob'Dasha Smith, 24, Major's godmother, was shot in the leg, but*survived.
[...]
According to prosecutors, Dunnings*case was dismissed at this time and he*was given credit for the 12 days of jail time he served.

There is no specific reason given for why they dropped the charges.

I hope they find who did this to Major. He is such an adorable baby and deserved so much more out of life!

Wait, what?

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3e2239bec55d13bca05358190b31d2dc.jpg

I truly hope that LE is able to find evidence, information and witnesses that will be able to bring Majors killer(s) in for trial. This precious child deserved so much more out pf life!

From last month:

Mother of 3-year-old Major Howard testifies about the man accused of killing her son

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/02/mother_of_3-year-old_major_how.html

The mother of Major Howard testified in court on Monday that she recognized Donnell Lindsey as the man who killed her 3-year-old son in 2015 after police released his photograph to news outlets.

Brittany Anderson said she never saw Lindsey before the Sept. 15 shooting on East 113th Street near Benham Avenue.

"But when I saw his picture on the news, I knew it was him," she said Monday. "He shot my son."

The testimony came as part of a days-long hearing where Lindsey's lawyers will ask Common Pleas Judge John P. O'Donnell to suppress statements to police from Anderson and another eyewitness who each identified Lindsey as the shooter. The lawyers plan to argue that the identification was unfairly influenced because they were exposed to Lindsey's photograph and street rumors about the killing before they identified him to police.

Trial in 3-year-old Major Howard's death begins after judge denies defendant's request for new lawyer

The man set to face trial Monday in the killing 3-year-old Major Howard stood before a judge and said he no longer trusted his court-appointed defense lawyers.

Donnell Lindsey, who faces life in prison without parole if convicted of aggravated murder and other charges, asked Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge John P. O'Donnell to delay his trial so his family could hire a new lawyer.

"I have a conflict of interest with my attorneys," Lindsey, 24, said. "I don't trust them."

O'Donnell denied Lindsey's request and ordered the trial begin with jury selection.

Defense pins gunfire in Major Howard killing on suspects in East 4th killing

Assistant Cuyahoga County Public Defender Jack Greene said that Donnell Lindsey was wrongly accused of the killing within hours of the shooting because the drive-by gunfire that killed the boy came from the rental car his client used to deal heroin.

Greene's claim came during opening statements Wednesday afternoon in Lindsey's trial on aggravated murder and other charges. If convicted, Lindsey could spent the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Greene contended that those social media posts led eyewitnesses, police tipsters and investigators to focus in on Lindsey, instead of the three men who were actually in the car

Prosecutors plan to rely largely on eyewitness testimony from Major's mother, Brittany Anderson, and another member of the Benham Boys, Robert ""RJ" Scott, who each identified Lindsey as the gunman to investigators days after the shooting, Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Anna Faraglia said.

Former gang member changes story, says he didn't see Major Howard's killing

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/06/former_gang_member_changes_sto_1.html

The self-described former gang member who previously identified Donnell "Nell" Lindsey as a suspect in Major Howard's slaying testified Wednesday that he never actually saw anyone shoot the 3-year-old boy.

Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Anna Faraglia spent hours prodding Robert "RJ" Scott III over his reversal from statements he gave to investigators in 2016. Faraglia eventually thrust a picture of the boy's body in front of Scott and demanded the truth.

Scott's testimony, which prosecutors had expected, was a setback in the state's case against Lindsey, who is charged with aggravated murder and dozens of other charges in the Sept. 15, 2015 drive-by killing on East 113th Street near Union Avenue.

Jury begins deliberations in case of man accused of killing 3-year-old Major Howard

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/06/jury_begins_deliberations_in_c.html

Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutors Anna Faraglia and Andrew Gatti told jurors that bullet trajectories, cellphone records and eyewitness testimony from Major's mother proved that on Sept. 15, 2015, Donnell Lindsey fired several shots from the passenger seat of a car that sprayed bullets at members of a rival street gang gathered at a vigil on East 113th Street.

Assistant Cuyahoga County Public Defender Jack Greene, one of Lindsey's attorneys, said prosecutors failed to prove that a bullet fired from the car was the bullet that killed Major.

Prosecutors' strongest witness was Major's mother, Brittany Anderson, who testified last week that she saw Lindsey shooting from the passenger seat of a white Toyota Yaris before she jumped to the ground.

Lindsey's lawyers pounced on the fact that Anderson did not come forward and identify Lindsey as the shooter for several days. She named his as the suspect after several people identified him on social media, after police got an arrest warrant and after investigators released his photograph to news outlets

Cleveland man guilty of murder in shooting death of 3-year-old Major Howard

Donnell Lindsey, who two days earlier chuckled and shook his head at prosecutors' case against him in closing statements, stood silently as Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge John P. O'Donnell read the jury's verdict.

He now faces life in prison after jurors convicted him of murder, attempted murder, felonious assault, weapons charges and arson. He was found not guilty of two counts of aggravated murder.

O'Donnell will sentence Lindsey on July 12.

Major Howard's family says justice is served with conviction of man charged with killing 3 year old

On Monday, days after Major would have turned 5, Anderson clutched her own mother's hand as she waited to learn the fate of Donnell Lindsey, the man on trial for killing her son.

All she could do Monday was listen as Common Pleas Judge John P. O'Donnell read the jury's verdict which came after more than two days of deliberations.

"On count 3, murder," the judge said, "the jury finds that you are guilty."

Major's mother and family members covered their mouths with their hands and began to sob.

I'm curious as to the other evidence that was against him in addition to the mother's eyewitness sighting.

http://fox8.com/2017/07/12/man-foun...h-of-3-year-old-major-howard-to-be-sentenced/

CLEVELAND — A man convicted in a drive-by shooting that killed a 3-year-old Cleveland boy in 2015 was sentenced during an emotional hearing on Wednesday.
[...]
Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge John O'Donnell sentenced Lindsey to 15 years to life in prison for Howard's murder. Combined with the other crimes, the total sentence was 37 years to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back