1151 users online (269 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Taneesha Brown, 25, Toronto, 12 Jan 2016

York police are searching for a Markham woman who has been missing since Tuesday night.

Taneesha Brown, 25, was last seen near McCowan Road and Castlemore Avenue around 10:30 p.m.
    http://www.680news.com/2016/01/13/yo...markham-woman/

missingyrpbrown.jpg

Her family and investigators are especially concerned as she is not dressed for the weather.

She is black, five-feet-five-inches tall and 122 pounds. She has long black hair with pink streaks in it. She was wearing a white shirt, white pants, white hat, white scarf, black and pink running shoes, and carrying a black purse.
    rbbm
    http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/13/yo...markham-woman/

I hope they find her fast..

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-sea...170258141.html
    Investigators believe she is dressed for the weather.

She was last seen wearing a traditional Muslim outfit consisting of a white knee-length dashiki, with white pants underneath and a white hijab on her head. She was carrying a black purse.
    If you have seen her contact York Regional Police at 1-866-876-5243 ext. 7541 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips.

Includes video of Taneesha's very worried family.

Her brother, Kevin Mazerolle, told CP24 that she has run away before and often does so when she “feels threatened.”
    “This time it’s different because we haven’t heard anything from her for two days,” he said.

Her father, Uriel Brown, said he introduced her to the teachings of the Nation of Islam, a Muslim sect originating in the Midwestern U.S. in the 1930s. Uriel said he fears his daughter is unable to differentiate between the religious texts and reality.

“The last time I saw her she was talking in a religious context - ‘repent, it’s the end of the world,’” he said.

It is believed Brown was not wearing clothing suitable for the cold when she left. York police Const. Andy Pattenden said it is unlike her to go missing, and she does not have any money or a cellphone.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/police-sear...sday-1.2737499
    rbbm.

She runs away when she feels "threatened"? Is this referring to real threats from within the family/neighborhood, or to imagined threats, implying some psychological problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    She runs away when she feels "threatened"? Is this referring to real threats from within the family/neighborhood, or to imagined threats, implying some psychological problems?
    From the news, her family indicated that she suffers from psychological problems and particular so, in the days prior to going missing.
    Taneesha had also recently converted to Islam, but apparently had not gone to the mosque recently either.
    imo.

It's cold out there tonight. I hope she's found some shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A young woman whose father encouraged her to study Islam as an alternative to medication to treat her bipolar disorder and schizophrenia is missing.

Taneesha Brown’s struggle with mental illness has caused her family concern on several occasions in recent years, but those who know and love the 25-year-old now fear for her life after she walked out into the cold from her aunt’s Markham home Tuesday night.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/14...slam-over-meds

IMO it's VERY dangerous to suggest prayer or worship instead of actual treatment to someone who experiences psychosis or delusions. Religious delusions are common in both illnesses and someone's going to push more? That's putting a vulnerable person at risk. It's irresponsible at best.

A young woman whose father encouraged her to study Islam as an alternative to medication to treat her bipolar disorder and schizophrenia is missing.
    Perhaps her father didn't know better. I don't want to victim-bash.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...oman-1.3403753
    rbbm.
    Brown's father said he was informed his daughter has bipolar disorder. He told reporters he had introduced her to the teachings of Islam as an alternative to medication.

"I realized she was taking it too extreme," said Brown. "She functions like a normal person, it's just that certain information, her views, her perception, is off."

Uriel Brown said if his daughter returns he will allow her to go on medication.
    "Last time that this had happened in Sudbury she called me right away. She usually contacts somebody when she does have an episode and wants somebody to be there and we haven't heard from her in two days. So that's what's really worrying me," Mazerolle said to reporters.

From dotr's link above:

Brown was last seen wearing a traditional Muslim outfit consisting of a white knee-length dashiki, with white pants underneath and a white hijab on her head. She was carrying a black purse.

She is about 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 122 pounds.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...oman-1.3403753

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    IMO it's VERY dangerous to suggest prayer or worship instead of actual treatment to someone who experiences psychosis or delusions. Religious delusions are common in both illnesses and someone's going to push more? That's putting a vulnerable person at risk. It's irresponsible at best.

Perhaps her father didn't know better. I don't want to victim-bash.
    I don't want to either, but that's some kind of brainiac move. It's not much different than someone I heard of lately with a knife wound asking for Duck Tape*. If he should know the difference or not, is ignorance an excuse?
    * Yes it's duck tape, not duct tape. If you don't believe me Google it..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast