If Hollywood were to make a movie...

TheDuchess

Reaction score
Watching Kachinsky makes me feel like I am watching complete fiction, because I just can't believe it's possible for someone to be so slimy. Same with Kratz.

On a lighter note, if there was a movie made on this trial using actors, who would you cast for the roles ? Edit - Maybe this should be another thread

There is no doubt in my mind that'd I want jonah hill to play Kratz.
Martin Freeman would make a good Kachinsky

BBM: Brilliant!!!

Teresa Halbach - Jennifer Lawrence (she deserves nothing but the best!)
Dean Strang - Robert Downey Jr
Jerry Buting - Christian Bale
Sgt Colburn - Steve Buscemi
Steve Avery - not sure but too bad Phllip Seymour Hoffman is gone, he would have been awesome

ETA: I actually think William H Macy for Kuchinsky

BBM: Brilliant!!!

Teresa Halbach - Jennifer Lawrence (she deserves nothing but the best!)
Dean Strang - Robert Downey Jr
Jerry Buting - Christian Bale
Sgt Colburn - Steve Buscemi
Steve Avery - not sure but too bad Phllip Seymour Hoffman is gone, he would have been awesome

ETA: I actually think William H Macy for Kuchinsky

Oh wow!

I love the picks for colburn and avery! I didn't think about hoffman for avery. Couldn't think of a good avery.

Macy for kuchinsky would maybe be great, but I wonder if he looks a bit too weathered for the role.

Oh wow!

I love the picks for colburn and avery! I didn't think about hoffman for avery. Couldn't think of a good avery.

Macy for kuchinsky would maybe be great, but I wonder if he looks a bit too weathered for the role.

Yeah you are right about Macy being to weathered - we will stick with Jonah Hill.

I wish I could think of someone good for Brendan.

Mrs. Avery - Kathy Bates!
Mr. Avery - Wilford Brimley
Barb Tayditch - Taryn Manning
Cindy - Natasha Lyon
Also, there are a lot of great actors in the TV show Fargo that would be great as well!

Yeah you are right about Macy being to weathered - we will stick with Jonah Hill.

I wish I could think of someone good for Brendan.

Mrs. Avery - Kathy Bates!
Mr. Avery - Wilford Brimley
Barb Tayditch - Taryn Manning
Cindy - Natasha Lyon
Also, there are a lot of great actors in the TV show Fargo that would be great as well!

Wow, you are good at this!

Brimley as Al Avery is epic

Jonah Hill would be Kratz -

Martin Freeman - Kuchinsky -- he was in fargo!

Fargo does some amazing casting, and this case fits that same vein. I keep saying this is like a real version of Fargo.

Jesse Plemons from Fargo/Breaking bad would make a good Earl Avery
Billy Bob thornton might make a good Chuck Avery.

Someone posted on main thread Donny Wahlberg for Weigert, which is great!

I've probably given this too much thought. :p

Steven Avery - Vincent D'Onofrio

Kratz - Jon Lovitz (sorry Jon :p )

Strang - Emilio Estevez

Buting - Gary Oldman

Kachinsky - Rick Moranis (better choices - William H. Macy and Martin Freeman)

Colborn - Mike Myers

Lenk - John C. Reilly

I think stephen colbert would make a good Dean Strang, if he could tone done the funny

I like Gary Oldman as Buting!

Reilly as Lenk, is pretty good too.

You seemed to have a little bit of a comedy twist to yours, you might as well have suggested Larry David as Lenk!

A mockumentary style version, might be interesting. In that case I could see the more comedy actor slant.

What about Daryl Sabara as Brendan? He was brilliant in The Worlds Greatest Dad with Robin Williams. He pulls off clueless perfectly.

I think stephen colbert would make a good Dean Strang, if he could tone done the funny

I like Gary Oldman as Buting!

Reilly as Lenk, is pretty good too.

You seemed to have a little bit of a comedy twist to yours, you might as well have suggested Larry David as Lenk!

A mockumentary style version, might be interesting. In that case I could see the more comedy actor slant.

Actually, that's a really good suggestion.

I'd say if they went mockumentary they should change it to a fictitious family and victim out of respect for halbachs, and focus more on character types than matching the case too closely.

I'd say if they went mockumentary they should change it to a fictitious family and victim out of respect for halbachs, and focus more on character types than matching the case too closely.

I most definitely agree, anything else would be in poor taste and disrespectful.

It was strange that I chose actors known for comedic roles, maybe it's because they're character actors/chameleon types.

More comic relief I needed to share (great combination of 2 hot topics of the week!)

PB.PNG

Steven Avery/Nick Offerman
tumblr_nbg9b7d0NI1tlr4l9o1_1280.jpg

Brendan Dassey/Paul Dano
Paul%20Dano-CSH-018699.jpg

How about...

Fassbender_zpscwgdoz5o.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors