1349 users online (262 members and 1087 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You do ask the best questions.

Do you want to call/write/email to see if you can get any answers?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    You do ask the best questions.

Do you want to call/write/email to see if you can get any answers?
    Thanks!

Last night I typed up an email that contains 15 questions, and it's neat and completed, but it's just sitting there, because I can't find the email information for the Mesquite Police Department or the Dallas County Medical Examiner. I've had the worst of luck with phone calls (i.e. they never answer my carefully worded voice messages), so I won't even go there.

I could send a letter (they have a PO box) but I don't think snail mail would be terribly effective. LOL. But if anyone can dig up the email address, I'll send the email. Something about this poor guys' case grabs at me, even though it's not the type of case I'm usually most interested in.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

It is not a direct email but maybe if no other can be found these could be worth a shot?
    The HR for that police department lists an email- careers@cityofmesquite.com and the local library mainbr@cityofmesquite.com

Surely if there is an address to contact the department, they would know?

Quote Originally Posted by hayaletcatcher View Post
    It is not a direct email but maybe if no other can be found these could be worth a shot?
    The HR for that police department lists an email- careers@cityofmesquite.com and the local library mainbr@cityofmesquite.com

Surely if there is an address to contact the department, they would know?
    Thanks--I sent the email to both of the addresses and lumped the 16 questions into 5 longer questions. Before the questions, I added that the email was intended for the Mesquite police department and asked to please forward if email address was wrong.

Clever idea.

I don't make phone calls either. I have hearing issues and it's a struggle, unfortunately. But sometimes I've had luck calling the LE information number and asking for email contact information for the detective or examiner in charge of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Clever idea.

I don't make phone calls either. I have hearing issues and it's a struggle, unfortunately. But sometimes I've had luck calling the LE information number and asking for email contact information for the detective or examiner in charge of the case.
    I like the idea of calling the LE # and asking for the email address. Am out of town today and tomorrow, but if I don't get some sort of response by Monday I will make the call.

How about trying this: https://www.cityofmesquite.com/FormC...t-the-Chief-90

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I have left multiple messages with the ME's office. Every time I called I was able to speak to someone and when I started to explain what appears to be the link between the two along with case numbers and NCIC numbers and explain how I was in contact with Detective Moran in Chicago. They tell me I need to speak with the head ME and I can never get anyone to pick up then or even call me back.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The Porchlight post has the most information about this UID.

One thing I recognised was the fact that his penis was uncircumcised. A little unusual in USA, where circumcision is prevalent. He could have been an immigrant or someone from another country traveling in USA. Canada, maybe? Or some special circumstance. To add to that, his teeth were all natural. They look good from what I can see in the pic. Also a little unusual.

Very happy to hear a response! Also a thank-you to a hayaletcatcher, because the contacts she posted kindly forwarded it to the investigator.

"I appreciate your interest in this case and will do everything possible to answer the questions you presented. I have the case file and it will take a few days to go through it. We had a detective go through the entire case file in 2010 to update and/or correct any information listed on The Doe Network and make an attempt to identify the deceased person. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

Huh. That looks like a very good possibility. I'm a bit concerned about the broken jaw that ought to have shown up in the medical exam, but maybe they just didn't mention it, or perhaps it wasn't noticed for whatever reason. (If they don't take full body x-rays, they can miss things like that, for instance.) Also, he's quite a bit on the tall side. Facially though...very close. Did you look at the post-mortem photo on Porchlight?

Charley Project is not working for me (not just that link, Charley in general). But from the NamUs link he sounds like a pretty good match. The broken bone may not have been mentioned, or it could have went unnoted (like Peggy Sue Houser's broken bone) It says he's 5'4-5'9, and the guy was around 5'8, so that would fit. Good facial resemblance, I think.

I can't get CP to work either. Down for maintenance?

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/charleyproject.org.html

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hayaletcatcher View Post
    I can't get CP to work either. Down for maintenance?

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/charleyproject.org.html

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    OT but did not know about that website! Thanks for the link. So it is down right now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast