824 users online (112 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Huh. That looks like a very good possibility. I'm a bit concerned about the broken jaw that ought to have shown up in the medical exam, but maybe they just didn't mention it, or perhaps it wasn't noticed for whatever reason. (If they don't take full body x-rays, they can miss things like that, for instance.) Also, he's quite a bit on the tall side. Facially though...very close. Did you look at the post-mortem photo on Porchlight?
    I misread the Namus data: he's about the same height as the UID. So the broken bone is the only discrepancy I see, and that could be explained.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

The Lieutenant kindly responded once again, and emailed me a copy of the autopsy report as well as an image of his clothing, and answers to my questions!

"Is a photo of his guitar available? NO What brand was the guitar? UNK Was the guitar acoustic or electric? UNK Did it have a traceable serial number? UNK Was there a rough estimate of the cost of the guitar? NO
    2) What were the victim's stomach contents? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT Did the victim's toxicology report show he had drugs in his system? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT 3) Are photos of his clothing available? BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO ONLY Were the brands of his clothing discovered? UNK
    If so, were the origins of the clothing traced--and which areas and/or stores were they sold in? N/A
    4) Would his enlarged heart be a noticeable medical condition that would be observed by a typical doctor? UNK Would his enlarged heart cause issues that could only be resolved through specific medical work? UNK Would he have likely been on medications for his heart condition, before his death? UNK
    5) What condition were his hands in? UNK Were they smooth, calloused? FINGER PRINTS APPEAR TO BE SMOOTH Had he had access to fingernail and toenail clippers recently, or were his nails grown out? NAIL CLIPPER WAS IN HIS POCKET Did he have bug bites? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT"

I don't recall seeing a nail clipper mentioned on NamUs or Doe Net--though I very well may have just forgotten about it. Carrying nail clippers in your pocket seems like something one might to do stay clean while travelling, perhaps hitchhiking.
    His fingerprints appeared to be smooth. Don't callouses appear on fingers for guitar players? Perhaps that could indicate he was a beginning player.

I read through the autopsy report, and it estimates his age to be 25 years. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the autopsy report here, but if I can I will.

I need to transfer the photo of the clothing from a .pdf to a .jpg, but once I figure that out, I will post it. It's only one photo and the clothing items as well as the contents of his pockets are spread out across a table/bench.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Wow, nice work!

A nail clipper is something a guitar player would carry. When I'm playing regularly (which hasn't been recently, sigh), my fingers get tough, but it's not exactly like a callus from working. It's sort of underneath, if that makes any sense.

Wow. That's excellent Springrain. I haven't gotten any replies from the few people I've contacted.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

About the circumcision (or lack of it), only about 50% of baby boys born in the 1950s were circumcised, and it grew steadily from there. One source I found said that in the early 50s it was only 50% but by 1959, it was 90%. So, he could still be an American male with a foreskin depending on when he was born. If he were found in the 80s or later and wasn't circumcised, I would definitely consider him from being outside of the US, but his estimated age possibly puts him on the cut off, no pun intended.

And really there isn't any characteristic about any of our UIDs that is one hundred per cent. It may give us clues, but it doesn't rule anything in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    Thanks!

Last night I typed up an email that contains 15 questions, and it's neat and completed, but it's just sitting there, because I can't find the email information for the Mesquite Police Department or the Dallas County Medical Examiner. I've had the worst of luck with phone calls (i.e. they never answer my carefully worded voice messages), so I won't even go there.

I could send a letter (they have a PO box) but I don't think snail mail would be terribly effective. LOL. But if anyone can dig up the email address, I'll send the email. Something about this poor guys' case grabs at me, even though it's not the type of case I'm usually most interested in.
    I will see if I can find it tomorrow for you

Quote Originally Posted by JHarlin View Post
    I will see if I can find it tomorrow for you
    It's ok now--I have been corresponding with the lieutenant in charge of his case. Very polite, responsive man. But thanks for the offer!

As I did with Buckskin Girl, I intend to make a Facebook page for him tomorrow. I know it seems played out, but it really does help the word get put out.

Here's the page:
    https://www.facebook.com/1977MesquiteJohnDoe/

I honestly think it's just a matter of getting word out. He was such a nice-looking guy, someone ought to remember him. Even if he was a transient, I'm sure someone would remember an attractive 30-or-so-year-old guy with a dog and red guitar.

And here's a quick poster I made:

Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone think this could be Robert Tippitt from KS? There is almost no information on him at all. His NamUs and Doe pages both state missing since 1980, but then both pages say he was last seen in 1977 or 1978. I feel terrible for this guy. The only thing is I don't see a mole on his face, however, he does have a face full of hair that may be hiding it, or, it's possible the photo was retouched by the studio. He's a very handsome guy.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19948/0
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4875dmks.html
    Location Last Seen: Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasDate of Birth: Unknown

Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 yrs
    Race: White
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 70 inches
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 180 lbs
    Hair Color: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Circumstances of DisappearanceRobert Tippit was last seen in 1977 or 1978.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Does anyone think this could be Robert Tippitt from KS? There is almost no information on him at all. His NamUs and Doe pages both state missing since 1980, but then both pages say he was last seen in 1977 or 1978. I feel terrible for this guy. The only thing is I don't see a mole on his face, however, he does have a face full of hair that may be hiding it, or, it's possible the photo was retouched by the studio. He's a very handsome guy.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19948/0
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4875dmks.html
    Location Last Seen: Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasDate of Birth: Unknown

Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 yrs
    Race: White
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 70 inches
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 180 lbs
    Hair Color: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Circumstances of DisappearanceRobert Tippit was last seen in 1977 or 1978.
    p

When they say last seen in '77/'78, but missing since '80, could that mean he went missing in '77, but there was some indication he was alive through '80? Maybe Social Security number being used, credit card, etc. just a thought. If that is what it means, then maybe he did die in '77/'78 and someon got ahold of his info or something.

He was a handsome guy. I agree that the mole could be hidden by hair. Height is off by 2" but that's no big deal--people round up on their driver's licenses, or it could have been wrong if taken by friend. I can turn it in in a couple days--my Internet connection will be pretty sporadic the next few days but since I've already contacted JD's investigators, I'd be happy to do it again.

Absolutely, when you get a chance to turn it in, please do. I wish we could call his family and ask them if he played guitar.

I can find absolutely nothing on Robert Tippit. I found two obits that may be his mother and sister, both obits listing Robert as deceased.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast