1316 users online (222 members and 1094 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I found another Robert Tippit, younger with a different middle initial. I don't know whether he's related--I didn't find s connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Thanks for looking, Carbuff.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I made a new flyer for him Hopefully it attached properly. HERE is the Imgur link in case it doesn't
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Found https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23664/81

Roger Stenholt, traveling from New York to Arizona when he went missing. Stats aren't too off, picture looks close, too. And the last seen date is fuzzy according to namus. Sometime around 1978.

Should be an easy match or rule out because they both have fingerprints available.
    I didn't realize this UID doesn't have DNA available. It kind of bums me out.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    The Lieutenant kindly responded once again, and emailed me a copy of the autopsy report as well as an image of his clothing, and answers to my questions!

"Is a photo of his guitar available? NO What brand was the guitar? UNK Was the guitar acoustic or electric? UNK Did it have a traceable serial number? UNK Was there a rough estimate of the cost of the guitar? NO
    2) What were the victim's stomach contents? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT Did the victim's toxicology report show he had drugs in his system? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT 3) Are photos of his clothing available? BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO ONLY Were the brands of his clothing discovered? UNK
    If so, were the origins of the clothing traced--and which areas and/or stores were they sold in? N/A
    4) Would his enlarged heart be a noticeable medical condition that would be observed by a typical doctor? UNK Would his enlarged heart cause issues that could only be resolved through specific medical work? UNK Would he have likely been on medications for his heart condition, before his death? UNK
    5) What condition were his hands in? UNK Were they smooth, calloused? FINGER PRINTS APPEAR TO BE SMOOTH Had he had access to fingernail and toenail clippers recently, or were his nails grown out? NAIL CLIPPER WAS IN HIS POCKET Did he have bug bites? SEE ATTACHED AUTOPSY REPORT"

I don't recall seeing a nail clipper mentioned on NamUs or Doe Net--though I very well may have just forgotten about it. Carrying nail clippers in your pocket seems like something one might to do stay clean while travelling, perhaps hitchhiking.
    His fingerprints appeared to be smooth. Don't callouses appear on fingers for guitar players? Perhaps that could indicate he was a beginning player.

I read through the autopsy report, and it estimates his age to be 25 years. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the autopsy report here, but if I can I will.

I need to transfer the photo of the clothing from a .pdf to a .jpg, but once I figure that out, I will post it. It's only one photo and the clothing items as well as the contents of his pockets are spread out across a table/bench.

Was the clothing photo ever posted? Or am I tired and missed it?

From the PM photo I believe he is Hispanic. Of course black and white photos are the worst because there is no good detail on the hair color and skin tone. Would love to see the photos of his clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaraOwl View Post

Roger Stenholt, traveling from New York to Arizona when he went missing. Stats aren't too off, picture looks close, too. And the last seen date is fuzzy according to namus. Sometime around 1978.
    I think this one is worth calling in. The moles on face seem so close.

The likeness is actually quite incredible. Definitely worth submitting as a possible match

Sent in to Dustin Driscoll and Michael Nance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostindetroit View Post
    Thank you guys. I've been watching, looking and posting a long time but have never contacted any agencies. I have never had a feeling strong enough to feel like I should till now. Any advice on proper procedure would be helpful, or anyone from either area, or knowledge of anyone in said offices. Constructive criticism is always helpful. There are some definite differences in weight and location but the MP time of disappearance is approximate and the picture and sketch are so similar in the side parted hairstyle.

Thanks for your advice guys!
    Great catch with this one.. a lot of similarities

http://www.nampn.org/cases/charapko_paul.html

Quote Originally Posted by rascal32 View Post
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/charapko_paul.html

Pretty good possibility

This definitely looks like a good match with the age, height, and very fuzzy timeline. Sometimes there will be a month or season, but "around 1978" makes this a definite possibliity. And if he was going to Arizona, the Dallas area would be along a possible route.

Dustin Driscoll is awesome. They don't have the prints on the uid, the file was mislabeled. So they are contacting the investigating agency and we will hopefully know in the next week or so.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast