Alan Rickman, British Actor Known for 'Harry Potter' Role, Has Died of Cancer

I have a signed picture of him as Snape hanging on my wall. Whenever I look at it now I will feel sad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jan 14 2016, 8:26 am ET

Alan Rickman, British Actor Known for 'Harry Potter' Role, Has Died

by Shanshan Dong

British actor Alan Rickman has died, his agent confirmed to NBC News. He was 69.

A veteran of both screen and stage, Rickman was known for his roles in "Die Hard," "Love Actually" and the "Harry Potter" films.

He trained at Britain's prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and went on to frequently play the bad guy on stage and screen...

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ctor-known-harry-potter-role-has-died-n496346

Ohhh... my heart is hurt...
I didn't even know he was ill. :(

Loved him in "Sense and Sensibility", "Galaxy Quest", and so many other of his films.
We have lost a wonderful talent and the loveliest voice I've ever heard -- I could listen to him for hours !!!!
Alan was a true actor who elevated the genre ; I'd watch a movie just for the fact he was in it.

May he rest forever in gentle peace .
My condolences to all who loved him .

What a sad week this is turning out to be.:tears:

I can't even think straight right now to write what his work meant to me.

RIP Alan Rickman.

:rose:

p.s. thank you to Jennibee for starting this thread.

OMG! Nooooooo!!!!! God Speed Alan. What an AMAZING actor! My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

0a2878ccb2d0048fe329858f22986688.jpg

If only this were true, :(

RIP Alan Rickman

Condolences to your family and loved ones. You were one in a million.

Always my favorite:

[video=youtube;LUDntpV_HdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDntpV_HdQ[/video]

This is the Alan Rickman I remember.

Die Hard: Hans Meets McClane

[video=youtube;TSdpRP_bVOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSdpRP_bVOM[/video]

Oh no! Just read this. First David Bowie, now him. What is it with 69-year-old Brits who are performers dying of cancer??? R.I.P. Alan. Loved him as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Kevin Costner's version of Robin Hood, in Galaxy Quest, and as Snape in Harry Potter.:rose::rose::rose:

Oh no! Just read this. First David Bowie, now him. What is it with 69-year-old Brits who are performers dying of cancer??? R.I.P. Alan. Loved him as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Kevin Costner's version of Robin Hood, in Galaxy Quest, and as Snape in Harry Potter.:rose::rose::rose:

"You. My room. Ten-thirty tonight. You. Ten-forty-five. And bring a friend."

He is the only good thing about that movie.

"You. My room. Ten-thirty tonight. You. Ten-forty-five. And bring a friend."

He is the only good thing about that movie.
Even though rape is awful, I loved him in that scene in Robin Hood, "Do You Mind??".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back