1030 users online (156 members and 874 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

Voters
621. You may not vote on this poll
  • He did it

186 29.95%
  • Some other guy did it

41 6.60%
  • Looks guilty at this point

61 9.82%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

131 21.10%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

193 31.08%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

41 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lex8396 View Post
    I live within 30 miles of the Avery property and I can tell you that most people in the area believe he is guilty. Many people also believe he is guilty of the crime he was freed from. DNA evidence is only as good as the people collecting it and the procedures. It is should not be relied on 100% because of contamination and 2ndary da. Then there are the bones and Theresa's vehicle........and him saying that ,"my brothers could have done it". Who says that?? If he is freed AGAIN, do you want him as a neighbor?? It could happen!
    bbm
    Ummm.... do you really believe Penny B just carried around Greg Allens public hair in her crotch area? And that Steven Avery donned, for the first time and only time, a pair of underwear just for that occasion?

It boggles my mind that their are those that will just ignore the fact that SA had a rock solid alibi and Greg Allen confessed to the crime and left his DNA on the vic!

I guess DNA is only "not reliable" unless it's planted to frame someone people dislike.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 12-19-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    bbm
    Ummm.... do you really believe Penny B just carried around Greg Allens public hair in her crotch area? And that Steven Avery donned, for the first time and only time, a pair of underwear just for that occasion?

It boggles my mind that their are those that will just ignore the fact that SA had a rock solid alibi and Greg Allen confessed to the crime and left his DNA on the vic!

I guess DNA is only "not reliable" unless it's planted to frame someone people dislike.
    Exactly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

Quote Originally Posted by lex8396 View Post
    I live within 30 miles of the Avery property and I can tell you that most people in the area believe he is guilty. Many people also believe he is guilty of the crime he was freed from. DNA evidence is only as good as the people collecting it and the procedures. It is should not be relied on 100% because of contamination and 2ndary da. Then there are the bones and Theresa's vehicle........and him saying that ,"my brothers could have done it". Who says that?? If he is freed AGAIN, do you want him as a neighbor?? It could happen!
    I don't understand how anyone could possibly think he did the first crime? You simply cannot have it both ways, i.e. DNA supporting cases , alibis confessions in some cases and not others. Yes there's a risk cross contamination when any DNA gets handled, but when you have a confession, and alibi and DNA I think pleading ignorance comes to mind.

What I want to know is how will they ever be satisfied if 3 separate elements (DNA, alibi, confession), that cannot be colluded must have magically collaborated in favour of someone who after all that is apparently still guilty. It boils down to one thing, you will never please everyone.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vanay View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could possibly think he did the first crime? You simply cannot have it both ways, i.e. DNA supporting cases , alibis confessions in some cases and not others. Yes there's a risk cross contamination when any DNA gets handled, but when you have a confession, and alibi and DNA I think pleading ignorance comes to mind.

What I want to know is how will they ever be satisfied if 3 separate elements (DNA, alibi, confession), that cannot be colluded must have magically collaborated in favour of someone who after all that is apparently still guilty. It boils down to one thing, you will never please everyone.

JMO

Indeed..you can't please everyone.
    FWIW. ..I don't know of ANY TIME Allen has professed his innocence, RELENTESSLY...you know, like Steven Avery has in BOTH instances😉

Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

JMO

This is so interesting to me. The pre-judgement and narrrow minded focus is exactly the way LE conducted their investigation. (not to mention the the likelihood of outright tampering, IMO) I ask myself why? Do people resent that SA was found innocent of PB's assault? Are they jealous of the pay out he was about to receive? I just don't get it.
    "To see him obviously framed
    Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
    Where justice is a game
    Now all the criminals in their coats and their ties
    Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise
    While Rubin sits like Buddha in a ten-foot cell
    An innocent man in a living hell"

Bob Dylan
    Nobel Prize for Literature, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by IDK View Post
    This is so interesting to me. The pre-judgement and narrrow minded focus is exactly the way LE conducted their investigation. (not to mention the the likelihood of outright tampering, IMO) I ask myself why? Do people resent that SA was found innocent of PB's assault? Are they jealous of the pay out he was about to receive? I just don't get it.
    Great question & very valid point!

Addicted

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Punctuation

I genuinely believe that those same people could bare witness to the crime happening and insist it was the innocent party

That people can even at this late date still believe Steven had anything to do with the attack on Beerntsen in 1985 is a distressing testament to the ability of people to persist in believing what they want to believe no matter what.

It does seem hard to believe at times. The lengths people go to in order to convince their conscience that they're right is astounding.

✌️

My opinion only here. Based on what I have read, and what I recall, I am sad to say I do not believe a fair trial would be possible. If the crime scene was not being handled properly. I would want anyone to have a fair trial, but it seems murky. Very sad really.
    Last edited by Flatbush; 12-23-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    MOO

Hurry up and wait....

Yes, I love Minions.

I don't for one moment believe he killed her any more then I believe his nephew had something to do with it.
    He worked on the ladies auto= to how DNA was located there. His car was wedged into the back acreage which couldn't be seen while entering the gateway to the area, but a tow truck could have wedged it in to the area, from the street- another reason, I don't believe.
    The man did not commit this murder, the local law enforcement did this and have messed up planting things to try and make this charge stick. One day, this will be over turned.
    There will never been a full court of people, read all the statements, listen to all the testimony, and truly convict him or his nephew.
    This man was framed by the local law enforcement.

I am sorry, I know he was convicted, but that conviction will one day be over turned. Its the local law enforcement, that has made it stick this far, but one day, someone will get this in the hands it needs to be infront of and these people will walk free in which they should be, its the ones out on streets and the people living in the area, that believe their law enforcement officers are protecting them, should be aware and scared of. It could be anyones child next at the hands of the PD. Trust me, I see many things everyday and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.
    If it finds things, that wasn't there before, its planted. The end..

JMO

And I don't understand why he didn't wait for his 15 million dollar lawsuit to happen before killing this young lady.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    And I don't understand why he didn't wait for his 15 million dollar lawsuit to happen before killing this young lady.
    Steven Avery is actually completely innocent of the attack on PB. And with Kathleen Zellner in charge, he may one day also be exonerated for the murder of TH.
    "To see him obviously framed
    Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
    Where justice is a game
    Now all the criminals in their coats and their ties
    Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise
    While Rubin sits like Buddha in a ten-foot cell
    An innocent man in a living hell"

Bob Dylan
    Nobel Prize for Literature, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by pitprincess2000 View Post
    I am sorry, I know he was convicted, but that conviction will one day be over turned. Its the local law enforcement, that has made it stick this far, but one day, someone will get this in the hands it needs to be infront of and these people will walk free in which they should be, its the ones out on streets and the people living in the area, that believe their law enforcement officers are protecting them, should be aware and scared of. It could be anyones child next at the hands of the PD. Trust me, I see many things everyday and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.
    If it finds things, that wasn't there before, its planted. The end
    bbm

And there it is. It really is just that easy to see! Lenk and Colborn walk around Avery Salvage Yard and suddenly there's evidence all over the place, where before there was none.
    Good post pitprincess, Welcome to the Webslueths!
    Last edited by Safeguard; 01-17-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast