1899 users online (432 members and 1467 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

Voters
550. You may not vote on this poll
  • He did it

154 28.00%
  • Some other guy did it

35 6.36%
  • Looks guilty at this point

56 10.18%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

117 21.27%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

184 33.45%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

35 6.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Where is the information on where the "for sale" cars are kept on the property?

Logic would consider that if we believe the key to that vehicle was planted by those officers, then those officers DID have access to the inside of that LOCKED vehicle
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Those of us that think others may have did it, have stated the how, along with evidence ( or lack of ) many, many times throughout various posts here =)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    I'll pose the opposite question: for those who believe he is innocent, how do you believe Teresa ended up dead and burned on his property? That question specifically.

TBH, I've answered the door in a towel before. In a huge hurry and didn't want to miss a package. Not smart, or flattering, I know this.
    At the time, I was rushed and didn't really care.
    Actually twice, now that I think about it.
    Second time, daughters playmates GRANDPA was dropping her off and I had NO clue he was coming inside. I had JUST gotten out of the shower, oops.
    Stuff happens, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Link to handcuffs and leg irons thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=298706

TH told a friend about the towel story. The friend said she wasn't really rattled by it. Thought it was creepy, but kind of laughed it off with an "Eewww". I'll look for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtagh21 View Post
    SUSTAINED: Thanks for clarifying the context of the 4:35 call. Speaking of context, the FACT that the vehicle that Avery wanted to sell remained in the SAME location for 5 days, is just a small piece of a much larger puzzle. Again, Avery is attempting to use a photograph placed in Auto Trader magazine as a way to sell that vehicle, yet he doesn't move that vehicle to the appropriate location? It is similar to his moving Halbach's vehicle a stone's throw away from the crusher, yet he ultimately decides to take the plates off the car, lock the vehicle, and cover it up with yard debris.

The Netflix documentary makes a concerted effort to "prove" that Avery's blood was planted in 6 locations inside Halbach's vehicle. They give a half-hearted effort in playing fair by including the testimony of Deputy O'Conner and Detective Remiker in regards to protecting the scene where Halbach's vehicle was found. What the audience is unaware of is that prior to the forensic team arriving at the Avery compound, FOUR officers were in charge of protecting that particular crime scene.

In addition to O'Conner and Remiker, Sergeant Orth and Lieutenant Hermann guarded Halbach's vehicle. To a man, they testified that NO person entered Halbach's vehicle prior to the Calumet County forensic team arriving at the scene. The vehicle was locked when Pam Sturm and her daughter Nikole first discovered the vehicle and Halbach's key had not yet been discovered.

The LOCKED vehicle is then transported to a garage in Madison, photographs are taken of the outside of the vehicle on the 6th, and then the forensic team has to open the vehicle without the use of a key in order to photograph the inside of the car on the 7th. Logic and chain of custody proves that no rogue officer or officers had access to the inside of that LOCKED vehicle PRIOR to the discovery of Avery's blood inside that vehicle.
    So, they used the spare key to UNLOCK the RAV4, then planted it in SA's room?

Just jumping off your post.
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

IMO, all of the attempts to poke holes in concrete chain of custody documentation/testimony lack merit, and are merely speculation presented as fact. The burden is now on Steven Avery to prove these claims. Avery nor his advocates have come close to proving their mythical conspiracy narratives. Even their strongest "proof" of a conspiracy lacks any tangible corroboration. The key found in Avery's trailer contains Avery's Touch DNA rather than a DNA profile from his blood. How does law enforcement place Avery's Touch DNA on that key? If they planted Avery's blood in Halbach's vehicle, why not place a minute amount of his blood on the key? I've always embraced the KISS theory when it comes to true crime cases and this case needs a healthy dose of that theory.

IMO, all of the attempts to poke holes in concrete chain of custody documentation/testimony lack merit, and are merely speculation presented as fact. The burden is now on Steven Avery to prove these claims. Avery nor his advocates have come close to proving their mythical conspiracy narratives. Even their strongest "proof" of a conspiracy lacks any tangible corroboration. The key found in Avery's trailer contains Avery's Touch DNA rather than a DNA profile from his blood. How does law enforcement place Avery's Touch DNA on that key? If they planted Avery's blood in Halbach's vehicle, why not place a minute amount of his blood on the key? I've always embraced the KISS theory when it comes to true crime cases and this case needs a healthy dose of that theory.
    Great post. Agree with the k.i.s.s theory.

There has been a SA facebook page created and they have and are posting court transcripts and evidence reports. It's titled Steven Avery Project. Hope this is ok mods. If not, please delete my comment. I think it is helpful as there is a lot of information there from the trial there. MOO and HTH.
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Watch 'Making a Murderer' Lawyer Discuss the Benefits of Web Sleuths

"Some of these people online have found things with a screen shot of a picture that we missed," defense attorney Jerry Buting says

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...euths-20160119
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Can anyone tell me if a jury, 3 circuit court judges, and the Wisconsin Supreme Court think Steven Avery is guilty?

I can't seem to find that information anywhere in these threads.

/end sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    Can anyone tell me if a jury, 3 circuit court judges, and the Wisconsin Supreme Court think Steven Avery is guilty?

I can't seem to find that information anywhere in these threads.

/end sarcasm
    If Avery was so obviously guilty, why did 7 of 12 jurors initially vote for not guilty ? Were they asleep during the trial and the State's overwhelming evidence ? Obviously, a jury and appeals courts thought him guilty the 1st time around until NEW EVIDENCE was presented. I'm willing to wait and see what Ms. Zellner comes up with ...

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID

Quote Originally Posted by Sustained View Post
    As of now ... but if Avery is exonerated, what do you think will happen to BD ?
    I really don't know. I can't figure out how they convicted two people of the same crime with completely different scenarios. Especially when Kratz said in closing arguments at Avery's trial that "only one man is responsible for this".

I don't think Brendan had anything to do with any of it, but I still am uncertain about Avery. I believe the cops planted evidence to make a solid case, but I think it's possible he had some involvement or knowledge about it. It's also possibly he is innocent. I am going to try to read some of the newly released transcripts this weekend.

Sorry but I'll keep questioning LE's chain of custody legitimacy after seeing that evidence box cut open and scotch taped back together. I don't think the blood came from that vial, but the fact the box was tampered with shows me their "chain of custody" is seriously lacking credibility.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    There has been a SA facebook page created and they have and are posting court transcripts and evidence reports. It's titled Steven Avery Project. Hope this is ok mods. If not, please delete my comment. I think it is helpful as there is a lot of information there from the trial there. MOO and HTH.
    Thanks swedie! Lots of good stuff on this page. Including Jodi, who changed HER story. I don't trust her.
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Sorry but I'll keep questioning LE's chain of custody legitimacy after seeing that evidence box cut open and scotch taped back together. I don't think the blood came from that vial, but the fact the box was tampered with shows me their "chain of custody" is seriously lacking credibility.
    The initial seal of red tape put on the box and then being opened is not hinky. That's how evidence is then accessed for testing after a sample is collected from the beginning.

The weird part is who used scotch tape to seal the box and when and why? Was that box opened more than once after the initial testing done? Obviously protocol wasn't followed which is bad. Doesn't mean someone planted 10 year old blood in TH's SUV, but it sure gives the defense something to argue.

I voted that he did it.

That said, I believe that the cops wanted to make absolutely sure that Avery was going down for this, not only as revenge for embarrassing them, but to put an end to the lawsuit that threatened their livelihoods. I believe that evidence may have been planted, and I think because of that Steven should be free.

I believe that Brendan Dassey was easily manipulated due to the stupidity of him and his mother. I think he did pretty much what he said he did, but he was a victim of believing whatever LE told him. "Brendan, if you want to make this go away you've got to tell us exactly what Uncle Steve did". After Brenden spilled his guts, they threw the book at him and supplied him wit the worst lawyer in the history of Lawyers. Someone should have told that kid to shut up, at least until a deal was in place that would see him do no more that 25 years total.

Both their rights were violated and at the very least they both deserve new trials. But with the media attention, is a fair trial even possible?

I find it disgusting that the sordid details of BDs confession are made public, and that everybody at SA's trial knew about that confession, yet BD was never called as a witness and the defence could not erase any of that info from the jurors minds. In Canada there is always a publication ban and reporters can't report on the details until the jury is sequestered.

That said, I believe the cops got the right guy. I know you can take small pieces of evidence an make it look suspicious, but when you look at the case as a whole, you see how complicated things become. If Steven was innocent, TH would likely have been off the property. She would have gotten the auto trader fee, walked to her truck and left. People will say that she could have finished with Steven, but was grabbed by Bobby Dassey or someone else as she left. But then why would Steven call TH asking why she didn't show up? Next you have Steven's sweat under the hood of the RAV4. Cops may have planted blood, but they didn't have a vial of sweat that I know about. Then we have Brendan Dassey, who confessed for some reason. Sure the cops may have forced it out of him, but how did he know about the blood spot in the garage? How did he get bleach on his jeans? And how in hell would he know about his uncles leg irons? He knows about the bones in then fire. He knows that they loaded the body in the RAV4 as substantiated by THs blood/hair pattern in the back.

So either Brendan the dolt figured out exactly what to say and for some reason confessed to something he didn't do or, the guilt of it got to him and ate him up until he had to tell somebody. I'd say guilt is a far more likely scenario.

Finally, The number of people that would have to lie and put their law enforcement careers on hold is staggering. Sure, it may look like some of these guys were being deceitful on the stand, but that was years after the fact. Would you remember exactly what time you left work on any given day five years ago? And the film crew jumped on every slip up.

Bottom line is that getting the right guy is far less important than maintaining the rights of every single American. In my opinion Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey should be set free. I think a retrial is out of then question because we have no idea as to what is evidence and what is planted. You just can't throw out evidence items 1,5 and 7 because they look suspicious, and continue to use 2,3,4, and 6. If three items are tainted you have to assume that all items are tainted.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast