Cut on Steven Avery's Finger

mrssunshine

Reaction score
The position of the cut on his right hand seems to match with where the blood was found in the RAV4. If one were putting a key in the ignition.

I don't know the date the photos were taken. I think the photo of his hand was probably taken the day he was arrested 11/09.

cut on finger.jpgblood in car.jpg

What is that in the bottom right corner near the pen of photo 2? It looks like a piece of meat. Or a partially eaten strawberry.

This article makes note of a bandage 3 days after the car was found - http://www.milwaukeemag.com/2006/05/01/blood-simple/

Avery returned to Manitowoc County in a friend’s car three days later, a thick bandage conspicuously wrapped around his right hand.

I've not seen pictures, but that means the picture you see is at least 8 days after 10/31 , and I haven't ever read the exact day that the cut was reported to have happened. We assume it's 10/31, because evidence it was before that date would at least rule out it happened in relation to a struggle that day.

One thing that I think we can assume, is that if it was open and without a covering, it was capable of dripping blood.

What is that in the bottom right corner near the pen of photo 2? It looks like a piece of meat. Or a partially eaten strawberry.

It looks like those hard candy's my Grandma always carried in her purse. They had a strawberry like wrapper.

In relation to the cut finger, a common question is :

How can we believe that steve avery would leave blood all over the rav4, but there are no prints in the car ?

The assumption made here is that he wasn't wearing gloves, because of the blood marks, therefore, how can you have blood marks if he has gloves on ??

I have posted before about how it's possible to have no prints in the car meaning he would have worn gloves and still have blood smudges.

Anyone who is familiar with work gloves, there are many that are cloth. Some are completely cloth, and some are leather on the palm/finger area and cloth on the knuckles.

Here's a reference link to give you some ideas of what various work gloves look like for perspective - https://www.google.com/search?q=wor...anKAhWMRiYKHQKfCSEQ_AUICCgC&biw=2103&bih=1246

Lets go with a very common type, although only the cloth area around the knuckles is of importance, just wanted to show you it's a common design.

attachment.php

If someone has a cut on their knuckle and was wearing the glove, the cloth would begin to absorb that blood. Depending on how bad someone is bleeding , the outside of the glove could eventually absorb enough blood that if you touched that spot on the glove with your finger, you'd get blood on your finger. Likewise if your knuckle came in contact with a part of a car interior, that blood would transfer.

Some have said it appears as if the blood near the ignition was transferred with a Q-tip or maybe cloth rag that avery would have used to absorb blood from, as a means of planting the blood.

But it's also consistent with someone wearing a common work glove like this and having a bleeding knuckle.

So now the "how does he bleed all over the rav4, but not leave any prints" , becomes rather easy to explain via a common glove choice.

No amazingly meticulous cleanup required, but explains that having gloves on that won't leave prints, doesn't mean you can't leave blood stains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back