780 users online (107 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Brendan Dassy: Guilty of Teresa Halbach rape, torture, and murder?

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • He was an accomplice

33 9.65%
  • He assisted in covering up the crime

21 6.14%
  • He didn't help but may have seen something

28 8.19%
  • Probably not guilty, his confession was coerced

103 30.12%
  • Not guilty, full stop, his conviction should be vacated

127 37.13%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

48 14.04%
  • Undecided all around, more information needed

19 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    I strongly disagree. I believe Brendan's conscience got the best of him and he decided to talk. During the course of multiple iterations of questioning, he was being influenced by others (i.e. family) as to what to admit/not admit. While Kachinsky's investigator was absolutely out of line in the coercive questioning he inflicted upon Brendan, I believe the info Brendan shared was that which one who was uninvolved could never have known. Brendan just wasn't intellectually and emotionally able to maintain the "I dont know...I didn't do it" storyline his family was pressuring him to portray.

I dont believe, from what I have seen and read, that Brendan had effective counsel. But I don't doubt his involvement in Teresa's murder.
    Have you read the transcripts of his interrogations?
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Have you read the transcripts of his interrogations?
    Yes I have.

There is no death penalty at play, so no, not really.

Looks like Brendan was moved yesterday from the Green Bay CI to Columbia CI down by Madison. Will be a much longer drive for the Dassey family to go see him ...

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID

Exclamation I could not agree anymore!!

I could not agree more with you, this is sick beyond all belief in my humble opinion! The fact our justice system resorts to these tactics makes my skin crawl along with the fact that a man that spent 18 years in prison is exonerated and when a lawsuit is filed for $36M he is now a murderer??? I question all of this because how coincidental can all this be? Again, just my humble opinion!! The Horrifying coerced confession by Brendan is beyond scary which led to all this and the LE was the influence behind this confession... SCARY, SCARY, SCARY
    "To thine own self be true"

"When I refrain from thoughts of harm directed toward others, I accumulate all the benefits of life"

I'm just now rewatching Brendan's lawyers investigator not listen to a word he said. As this meeting continues I am physically ill. WTF???? I'm not even sure I can continue.

If you have not already, I recommend reading the transcripts of his police interviews and watching the ones which are available. He knows things he couldn't possibly know unless he had been there.

That said, his attorney's investigator's "interview" was egregiously out of line. And the attorney should have been with Brendan instead of leaving him alone with police.

If you have not already, I recommend reading the transcripts of his police interviews and watching the ones which are available. He knows things he couldn't possibly know unless he had been there.

That said, his attorney's investigator's "interview" was egregiously out of line. And the attorney should have been with Brendan instead of leaving him alone with police.
    Do you have a couple of examples you could point us at ?

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID

***My apologies I am asking the same question as Sustained. And I didn't even get the quote box to work right.

Do you have any particular details in the confession that you feel brought you to your conclusion?

Maybe you've seen something I haven't.
    I feel differently. Watching MAM I felt as though maybe BD saw something before.

After seeing the news links during TH initial disappearance noting all the evidence collection as it was happening. Which as expected it in a case like this was speculated on any possible role in the crime from the media weekly if not daily.

I see every detail & piece of physical evidence BD confesses too already being known. With the exclusion of TH being shot in the head, the shell castings in the garage were known.

As we all know the detective word for word ask Brendan who shot her in the head. After of course all the "what happened to her head" queueing which then BD confesses to a brutal bloody crime not supported by evidence.

He also messes up his event sequence so many times I still don't have it straight.

Also making it impossible to follow if any of it is supported by evidence- example the amount of blood evidence not present in the bedroom from the throat slashing, okay so maybe that was in the garage & cleaned up.

IMO there shouldn't be that much speculation in a confession for a crime you only have evidence of the beginning- TH being there evidence of the end- TH bones & bullet fragment. BD made all the middle torture details up from known discovery/evidence collection.
    Last edited by 1bratmom; 01-27-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Same question

I have to say, that I am absolutely astounded that this bloke is still in prison !

Not sure how it works, but whoever has jurisdiction over the conviction of BD (the county ?, the state ?) must call some sort in investigation or enquiry surrounding the whole proceedings at least,otherwise they reveal that they ultimately don't represent justice.

With all due respect... I think you need to read the interrogations in order. It will become abundantly clear where Brendan came up with all the so called details of his confessions.

http://loaded.co.uk/watch-fbi-cold-c...eresa-halbach/ I am just putting this here for discussion interesting video link of a serial killer from Wisconsin who habitually killed people on Halloween night and framed people for the murder good video and interesting to say the least was out on the street and supposedly seen in video footage on episode 6 around 12:26 .. They have been trying to identify this person but Have not come to a conclusion on if in fact this is him. Anyways do watch it truly makes you wonder, gosh now I am wondering !
    Last edited by Juniorsleuther; 01-29-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie b View Post
    Not sure how it works, but whoever has jurisdiction over the conviction of BD (the county ?, the state ?) must call some sort in investigation or enquiry surrounding the whole proceedings at least,otherwise they reveal that they ultimately don't represent justice.
    I don't know either. He did get decertified by the public defender office for serious offense cases. I don't know how often that happens. To me if your attorney is receiving professional repercussions for his performance in you case. At bare minimum it should be mistral.

I thought I read that some motions that would normally be filed didn't and they can't be filed after the trial starts. So his new lawyers didn't even get all options.

Link for decertified.
    http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/3...vice=phone&c=y

And another just cause it has more info. And the author shares some of my views 😊
    http://www.convolutedbrian.com/brend...t-a-match.html

Boodles - do please give us those examples of what he knew without being there?

His original innocent statement is the one that never wavered. I believe that one. It was not implied by the police for him to just make him agree to ideas/questions they had thrown at him. He got off the bus, checked the mail, played video games, someone called, his brother went trick or treating, his mom got home. Steven and Brendan would not have had time from 3:30-5pm to do anything. He was so confused thinking he was going back to school and going to watch wrestling too.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast