1287 users online (250 members and 1037 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Brendan Dassy: Guilty of Teresa Halbach rape, torture, and murder?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • He was an accomplice

    32 9.82%
  • He assisted in covering up the crime

    21 6.44%
  • He didn't help but may have seen something

    24 7.36%
  • Probably not guilty, his confession was coerced

    99 30.37%
  • Not guilty, full stop, his conviction should be vacated

    120 36.81%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

    47 14.42%
  • Undecided all around, more information needed

    19 5.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 121 to 135 of 135
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    889
    I firmly believe SA was being unofficially surveilled during that entire time period.

    It doesn't make any sense that they weren't watching this guy like hawk hoping for a break before he won his lawsuit against MCSO.

    KZ has alluded to the killer being someone TH knew, and made reffence to "poor choices" in men...

    My thought is RH did it, tried to get away with it unaware of the surveillance going on. And had no option but to work closely with LE. in the cover up.

    Would they let a guilty person walk to nail SA?

    They did it before with GA. and the whole frame jobs suggests they have no problem with that.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 12-04-2016 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    889
    As to where she killed, my thought is she was killed at or near the quarry, and an attempt was made to conceal her body, in the red out building on Radandt's property, even if only briefly...

    (Dogs hit on that building...plus KZ tweet, "All roads lead to one door and it's not SA's!).

    The burn site is possibly located in one of the nearby forests at Zander Road and Jambo Creek Road.

    Paul Metz, on November 1st 2005 reported a "whoosh" sound and horrid smell in the air that bothered his cattle so much that they broke through fences trying to get away from it, (refer to page 289, 294 & 295 of Calumet Report.)

    Paul Metz's property is located on West Zander Road on the South side, just West of Jambo Creek Road, which is very very close to 3302 W Zander Rd.

    PM had reported the smell on Nov 1st 2005. Two days before TH was reported missing. He had reported his concerns to both the Wisconsin Public Service Corporation, and the nearby nuclear plant.

    No investigation took place. It seems to me, someone would've smelled a body burning at some point! and this is the only account there is of a noxious oder, and the date and location of it's occurrence is beyond interesting! imo
    Last edited by Safeguard; 12-04-2016 at 08:01 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    As to where she killed, my thought is she was killed at or near the quarry, and an attempt was made to conceal her body, in the red out building on Radandt's property, even if only briefly...

    (Dogs hit on that building...plus KZ tweet, "All roads lead to one door and it's not SA's!).

    The burn site is possibly located in one of the nearby forests at Zander Road and Jambo Creek Road.

    Paul Metz, on November 1st 2005 reported a "whoosh" sound and horrid smell in the air that bothered his cattle so much that they broke through fences trying to get away from it, (refer to page 289, 294 & 295 of Calumet Report.)

    Paul Metz's property is located on West Zander Road on the South side, just West of Jambo Creek Road, which is very very close to 3302 W Zander Rd.

    PM had reported the smell on Nov 1st 2005. Two days before TH was reported missing. He had reported his concerns to both the Wisconsin Public Service Corporation, and the nearby nuclear plant.

    No investigation took place. It seems to me, someone would've smelled a body burning at some point! and this is the only account there is of a noxious oder, and the date and location of it's occurrence is beyond interesting! imo
    Yes, it would seem that burning a corpse would attract some attention along the lines of the odor. From what I gather it is a unique and horribly memorable smell according to accounts from people who've been in war zones.

    Not exactly the sort of thing that I would expect to go unnoticed at Steven's residence with lots of other folks coming and going at all hours.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    As to where she killed, my thought is she was killed at or near the quarry, and an attempt was made to conceal her body, in the red out building on Radandt's property, even if only briefly...

    (Dogs hit on that building...plus KZ tweet, "All roads lead to one door and it's not SA's!).

    The burn site is possibly located in one of the nearby forests at Zander Road and Jambo Creek Road.

    Paul Metz, on November 1st 2005 reported a "whoosh" sound and horrid smell in the air that bothered his cattle so much that they broke through fences trying to get away from it, (refer to page 289, 294 & 295 of Calumet Report.)

    Paul Metz's property is located on West Zander Road on the South side, just West of Jambo Creek Road, which is very very close to 3302 W Zander Rd.

    PM had reported the smell on Nov 1st 2005. Two days before TH was reported missing. He had reported his concerns to both the Wisconsin Public Service Corporation, and the nearby nuclear plant.

    No investigation took place. It seems to me, someone would've smelled a body burning at some point! and this is the only account there is of a noxious oder, and the date and location of it's occurrence is beyond interesting! imo
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    I firmly believe SA was being unofficially surveilled during that entire time period.

    It doesn't make any sense that they weren't watching this guy like hawk hoping for a break before he won his lawsuit against MCSO.

    KZ has alluded to the killer being someone TH knew, and made reffence to "poor choices" in men...

    My thought is RH did it, tried to get away with it unaware of the surveillance going on. And had no option but to work closely with LE. in the cover up.

    Would they let a guilty person walk to nail SA?

    They did it before with GA. and the whole frame jobs suggests they have no problem with that.
    I've always thought SA was being watched, his every move, by someone who had it in for him..( Great minds! )
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5
    I believe Dassy should have never been convicted, let alone arrested. It saddens me that confessions like this happen just too often. Between his mental capacity, his age, the lack of a parent or attorney in the room, and the way the confession was coerced was awful. Those with lower IQ's already have a disadvantage in that situation because they have a tendency to be people pleasers, and then on top of that they would be even more inclined in that situation to please because the ones taking the confession are those in positions of authority. It was said that the confession showed evidence of his guilt because he knew specific details from the crime that only the killer(s) would know, but as you can clearly hear in the confession they fed him the details and then asked inciting questions to pull those details back out. He should have never been convicted, I believe it shows such injustice. Recently though, they overturned his conviction, but then they stopped his release. It seems though he will be released in the end though, hopefully sooner than later.
    “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
    -Nietzsche

    "I'm not afraid of werewolves or vampires or haunted hotels,
    I'm afraid of what real human beings do to other real human beings."
    -Williams

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    139
    It appears an amicus brief has been submitted in support of Brendan Dassey.

    http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-co...f_redacted.pdf

    Brandon Garrett seems to be pretty well respected in the legal community.

    https://content.law.virginia.edu/fac.../blg2n/1165630

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1
    I'm in the coerced confession and not guilty camp for Brendan. This pretty much sums it up for me;

    Most people find it impossible to imagine why anyone would confess to a crime he didn’t commit, but, watching Dassey’s interrogation, it is easy to see how a team of motivated investigators could alternately badger, cajole, and threaten a vulnerable suspect into saying what they wanted to hear. When Dassey’s mother asked him how he came up with so many details if he was innocent, he said, “I guessed.” “You don’t guess with something like this, Brendan,” she replied. “Well,” he said, “that’s what I do with my homework, too."
    Kathryn Schultz, Dead Certainty: How “Making a Murderer” goes wrong, The New Yorker (Jan. 25 2016).


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4
    I've worked in LE for close to 15 years, been a detective for over 10. Have been trained on advanced interview and interrogation tactics through several different courses. I've done dozens and dozens of interviews and have gotten many, many confessions under my belt....I can tell you that was the WORST confession I've ever witnessed. I was literally jumping out of my seat when watching it. It was so wrong on so many levels, if not borderline illegal. The leading and manipulation of that boy, who was clearly mentally deficient, is shoddy police work and how the DA ever thought that "confession" was a solid basis for charges is way beyond me. Those detectives should be lowering their heads in shame...they are far from good, competent detectives.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi2727 View Post
    I've worked in LE for close to 15 years, been a detective for over 10. Have been trained on advanced interview and interrogation tactics through several different courses. I've done dozens and dozens of interviews and have gotten many, many confessions under my belt....I can tell you that was the WORST confession I've ever witnessed. I was literally jumping out of my seat when watching it. It was so wrong on so many levels, if not borderline illegal. The leading and manipulation of that boy, who was clearly mentally deficient, is shoddy police work and how the DA ever thought that "confession" was a solid basis for charges is way beyond me. Those detectives should be lowering their heads in shame...they are far from good, competent detectives.
    Thank you for your opinion on this. I agree 100%

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi2727 View Post
    I've worked in LE for close to 15 years, been a detective for over 10. Have been trained on advanced interview and interrogation tactics through several different courses. I've done dozens and dozens of interviews and have gotten many, many confessions under my belt....I can tell you that was the WORST confession I've ever witnessed. I was literally jumping out of my seat when watching it. It was so wrong on so many levels, if not borderline illegal. The leading and manipulation of that boy, who was clearly mentally deficient, is shoddy police work and how the DA ever thought that "confession" was a solid basis for charges is way beyond me. Those detectives should be lowering their heads in shame...they are far from good, competent detectives.
    Thanks and great to have the perspective from someone that has been there, done that!

    There is a reason his interrogation video's are used in training of officers in "what not to do", I just don't understand how that "confession" was okay in any court room.

    FYI, the lead investigators that did those interviews, Wiegert and Fassbeneder, are no longer detectives AFAIK. They have moved on.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Thanks and great to have the perspective from someone that has been there, done that!

    There is a reason his interrogation video's are used in training of officers in "what not to do", I just don't understand how that "confession" was okay in any court room.

    FYI, the lead investigators that did those interviews, Wiegert and Fassbeneder, are no longer detectives AFAIK. They have moved on.
    Thankfully!
    IMO, they have no business working in law enforcement.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Thankfully!
    IMO, they have no business working in law enforcement.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more.
    "To see him obviously framed
    Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
    Where justice is a game
    Now all the criminals in their coats and their ties
    Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise
    While Rubin sits like Buddha in a ten-foot cell
    An innocent man in a living hell"

    Bob Dylan
    Nobel Prize for Literature, 2016

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Thankfully!
    IMO, they have no business working in law enforcement.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't trust them to work as waiters to be completely honest. Waiting requires too much responsibility.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul Vesalot View Post
    I wouldn't trust them to work as waiters to be completely honest. Waiting requires too much responsibility.
    Well, Saul, now that I think about it, I agree with you😊

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9


Similar Threads

  1. Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?
    By Tawny in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 10:51 AM
  2. Documents: Brendan Dassey *No Discussion*
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 01:58 PM