Canada - Man, 21, drugged, forced into vehicle and robbed, Toronto,

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/14/man-21-forced-into-vehicle-and-robbed-after-leaving-toronto-club/

A 21-year-old man was forced into a vehicle by another man and had his debit card stolen after leaving a club in the Entertainment District last December.

Paul Dragos said he left 2Cats Cocktail Lounge, located at King Street West and Bathurst Street, around 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 11.

Dragos told police he was walking along King Street when he was assaulted by two men and forced inside a vehicle.

He said he was forced to provide his bank card and pin.

Dagos believes he may have been drugged while inside the bar because “his physical state was not consistent with the amount he had to drink,” police told CityNews.

[video=youtube;Sg0PoiVn-To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0PoiVn-To[/video]
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/14/pictures-video-released-of-alleged-entertainment-kidnapper
The victim, a 21-year-old man, was snatched up as he left a club near King St. W. and Bathurst St. around 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 11., Const. Victor Kwong said Thursday.

A man forced him into a vehicle, stole his debit card and forced him to provide his PIN, he said.

The kidnapped man was driven to several ATMs where he was forced to withdraw cash before eventually being released.

The kidnapper then allegedly went on a spending spree, making purchases from numerous grocery and electronic stores.

What if the perps could not get money from atm, what would they have done with the victim, throw him in water??
Thinking of all the young men ( mostly in the US) who seem to go missing after attending a bar or event, could they have been victims of this type of operation?
Has this scenario played out more than we know of?
imo, speculation.

Perhaps because there are withdrawal limits per transaction.

My cards are limited transactions per day, so if I took $400 out at one ATM it wouldn't do me any good to go to another until the next day. Maybe the machines have limits?

How did the police get the images of the suspect? Was he using the card at these shops? If he had used cash, it would be untraceable. What a crazy move, but good in that it is much easier to identify him.

I'm guessing that they likely did drug him, and that's why they didn't harm him too badly, as they figured he wouldn't remember much.

A scenario like this could go a long way toward explaining the fate of people who have vanished mysteriously, especially those who have left bars, restaurants, clubs, etc.

Hopefully there is security footage inside the club that will lead to an image of someone spiking his drink, if that's what happened.

Shows the amount of awareness one has to have when out for entertainment.

It's anyone's guess what would have become of him, that's why it is lucky in a sense that they got what they wanted.

The info. about this case mentions two men, although only one seems to be referenced as being the aggressor, and the user of the bank card/robbery proceeds in the stores.

Wondering if any planning went into this robbery, apparently the perps managed to drain the victim's bank account of 12-13 thousand dollars.
Surely the perp would know that cctv was in use, maybe he thinks he will not be identified because he might not be local?
imo, speculation.

[video=youtube;bC-F6U1Y2S0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-F6U1Y2S0[/video]

My cards are limited transactions per day, so if I took $400 out at one ATM it wouldn't do me any good to go to another until the next day. Maybe the machines have limits?

In the video just posted, LE says that one card was used to manipulate another ( credit card?) in order to get more cash, as i understand it.imo.

In the video just posted, LE says that one card was used to manipulate another ( credit card?) in order to get more cash, as i understand it.imo.

Oh, that makes sense. They could transfer balances from checking to a credit card and credit cards have higher limits for cash withdrawal.

Wondering if a perp was ever located in this case?
It is especially alarming because the victim was allegedly drugged before he left the venue imo.
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/01/...ehicle-and-robbed-after-leaving-toronto-club/
Jan 14, 2016
“I don’t know how to explain it, there’s flashes, I remember being in the car, only small flashes of me attempting to get up on my own power and just feeling physically restrained but not anyone actually touching me,” he explained. “I would never wish what happened to me upon anybody ever in my lifetime.”
Dragos said he didn’t even know his wallet had been stolen because he found, what he thought was, his bank card in his pocket when he woke up the next day. Turns out his debit card had been replaced by a blank, unusable card.
Police are investigating a possible similar occurrence that happened on Wednesday which may be connected to this incident.

Anyone with information is being asked to contact police.
rbbm.

Maybe he banks at CIBC/Simplii, Scotiabank/Tangerine, TD and BMO. ... and would have many bank cards accessing many lines-of-credit and deposit accounts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back