1380 users online (243 members and 1137 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxManning View Post
    Avery Road is NOT the Long Road. Looking on google maps and comparing that image from the link above will help you see that the Long Road is a right turn off of Avery Road.

    Go into satellite view and compare with the image of the map at the link i posted above. The Long Road is not even a road on google maps, you can only see visually in satellite view.
    I agree with MaxManning. The Long Road to which Blaine refers in his statemets is the dirt and gravel road leading from Rectangle A to Rectangle B (east/west) in the image below. Avery Road is the north/south road leading into Rectangle A from the intersection of Rt 147. (*Note: The image below is from the Manitowoc County Advanced Access GIS Viewer).

    The bus driver, Lisa Buchner, testifies that she drops the boys off and then executes a turn-around to return to Rt 147. In my mind, that means that she finds ample turning radius somewhere within Rectangle A.

    Blaine states that the boys have a 5 minute walk down the "long road" to their home. This would be a walk from Rectangle A to Rectangle B. Which in the illustration actually represents 12932 Avery Road, or Steven Avery's 2005 residence where Barb Janda's "junky van" was located. (The boys' home on the other hand is located at 12930 Avery Road, next door to 12932).

    So the purpose of this image is to illustrate how difficult it would have been for Lisa Buchner to have distinguished details from her vantage point about the "photographer" on Monday, 10/31/05.

    It is logical therefore to conclude that LB's testimony is clouded by her memories of prior days.

    BusDriver.jpg

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    I agree with MaxManning. The Long Road to which Blaine refers in his statemets is the dirt and gravel road leading from Rectangle A to Rectangle B (east/west) in the image below. Avery Road is the north/south road leading into Rectangle A from the intersection of Rt 147. (*Note: The image below is from the Manitowoc County Advanced Access GIS Viewer).

    The bus driver, Lisa Buchner, testifies that she drops the boys off and then executes a turn-around to return to Rt 147. In my mind, that means that she finds ample turning radius somewhere within Rectangle A.

    Blaine states that the boys have a 5 minute walk down the "long road" to their home. This would be a walk from Rectangle A to Rectangle B. Which in the illustration actually represents 12932 Avery Road, or Steven Avery's 2005 residence where Barb Janda's "junky van" was located. (The boys' home on the other hand is located at 12930 Avery Road, next door to 12932).

    So the purpose of this image is to illustrate how difficult it would have been for Lisa Buchner to have distinguished details from her vantage point about the "photographer" on Monday, 10/31/05.

    It is logical therefore to conclude that LB's testimony is clouded by her memories of prior days.

    Wow Zool. You maybe onto something there! Would the van have been blocked by the trees to see the van from Route 147 or coming up Avery Road? Can you show on your map where the van was located? Seems to me there is not a clear view of the Janda house from any vantage point in rectangle A. I might have to revisit that GIS viewer.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    I checked out the GIS Viewer again. It has a feature for aerial view for 2005. Is this the van that I circled?


    Anyone know what the building is that is directly south (in the picture) of the Janda residence? Could this be the ice shack?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    It definitely looks like the "junky van". Notice how the front of the vehicle is pointed towards Avery Road. I believe this is consistent with the exhibit photos #60 and #61
    Not sure what the image is next to the van. It does not appear in either exhibit. When you reference the "ice shack", are you suggesting the image near the number 209? I suppose that structure is perhaps a building and therefore a strong candidate for the "ice shack". It is possible to use the GIS viewer to zoom in on that structure.....

    Exhibit-60-plymouth-voyager-van.jpg
    Exhibit-61-Plymouth-Voyager-Van.jpg
    Last edited by ZOOL; 05-01-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add info

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I checked out the GIS Viewer again. It has a feature for aerial view for 2005. Is this the van that I circled?

    Anyone know what the building is that is directly south (in the picture) of the Janda residence? Could this be the ice shack?
    BAC, can you give explicit directions on how to obtain the 2005 image you linked. I can not find the feature for an aerial 2005 on GIS viewer. How do you do it?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    BAC, can you give explicit directions on how to obtain the 2005 image you linked. I can not find the feature for an aerial 2005 on GIS viewer. How do you do it?

    ha,ha ha, ha ha....Top right hand corner "Image Layers" How the heck do you zoom in on that building? Nevermind, I did zoom in--I didn't realize it. It is hazy or pixeled. I can't tell what it is and its not there in the current view.
    Last edited by BigCityAccountant; 05-01-2016 at 03:08 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,942
    Exhibit-93-Animation-Photos.jpg

    here is what they called an "animated photo", exhibit 93, you can see the van (a black rectangle lol) to the west of the roundabout in front of Barbs.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    ha,ha ha, ha ha....Top right hand corner "Image Layers" How the heck do you zoom in on that building? Nevermind, I did zoom in--I didn't realize it. It is hazy or pixeled. I can't tell what it is and its not there in the current view.
    ho, ho ho, ho ho... After you select the "image layers", use the "palm" to reposition your image so you can center on the ice shack. Then click the lower "zoom in" magnifier and then reposition the "crosshairs" over the shack, and drag a rectangle around it. When you release your drag, the program will automatically zoom into your object by x-amount.

    I captured the following image of the shack. Then used SnapTool to create an upload.

    IceShack.JPG

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Using Missy's "animated photo exhibit 93", I believe that the red-circled item is the "ice shack".

    IceShack2.JPG

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    ... Would the van have been blocked by the trees to see the van from Route 147 or coming up Avery Road? Can you show on your map where the van was located? Seems to me there is not a clear view of the Janda house from any vantage point in rectangle A. I might have to revisit that GIS viewer.
    I agree, BAC. Buchner would have had extreme difficulty seeing any activity around the Janda van. Which in my original image would be located in the exact 90-degree right hand corner of B. Not only is it a 2/10s mile view from the intersection of the Long Road and Avery Road, but it is also obstructed by a number of trees etcetera. On the other hand, Buchner (I believe) said in Re-Direct that she saw the photographer "at the intersection". Which would be around the area of A, down to the end of the first line of trees on the south side of the Long Road.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    ho, ho ho, ho ho... After you select the "image layers", use the "palm" to reposition your image so you can center on the ice shack. Then click the lower "zoom in" magnifier and then reposition the "crosshairs" over the shack, and drag a rectangle around it. When you release your drag, the program will automatically zoom into your object by x-amount.

    I captured the following image of the shack. Then used SnapTool to create an upload.


    That is about as close as I can get to it too. Is it the ice shack? I still can't tell.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    Using Missy's "animated photo exhibit 93", I believe that the red-circled item is the "ice shack".

    Ok, then what is the building directly south of that???? I'm not convinced that is the ice shack, either...LOL Maybe, I can't tell.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    I agree, BAC. Buchner would have had extreme difficulty seeing any activity around the Janda van. Which in my original image would be located in the exact 90-degree right hand corner of B. Not only is it a 2/10s mile view from the intersection of the Long Road and Avery Road, but it is also obstructed by a number of trees etcetera. On the other hand, Buchner (I believe) said in Re-Direct that she saw the photographer "at the intersection". Which would be around the area of A, down to the end of the first line of trees on the south side of the Long Road.
    I definitely think she had her days mixed up. I think with all good intentions, she wanted to help.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Ok, then what is the building directly south of that???? I'm not convinced that is the ice shack, either...LOL Maybe, I can't tell.
    There is no building "directly south of that". The property seems to have a "fence" along the southern border. If you cross the fence, you are into the junk yard. There is a dark "shadow" near the first 0 (zero) in the 14-digit plot ID, but I doubt that is significant. The above image I provided (with 209) is the "ice shack" (I guess)

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,310
    Missy---help me out here...LOL

    I read somewhere and of course I can't remember where...(dementia setting in at such a young age..LOL) but SA had purchased ANOTHER trailer. I wonder if that could be the 2nd trailer? This is also why I believe he was looking to purchase the Zander Road address property.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?
    By Tawny in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 450
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 09:57 AM
  2. Teresa Halbach
    By missy1974 in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 10:00 PM
  3. Remembering Teresa Halbach *No Discussion*
    By shadowraiths in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 08:18 AM
  4. Where Do You Think Teresa Halbach was Killed?
    By BigCityAccountant in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 09:45 AM
  5. WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005
    By RPPaolin in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 856
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 08:54 AM

Tags for this Thread