1175 users online (239 members and 936 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UK - Michaela Oberhorner, 47, London, 13 January 2016

This is odd - Mum picks her kids up from school, asks a friend to watch them at the school gates while she nips to the bank, and then doesn't come back...

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-...with-a-friend/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-returned.html

Hmmm, just went to look at maps to try and work out where nearest bank or cashpoint is. Unusually, Woodside Primary is on two separate sites in Walthamstow. Not sure which one she was at (depends on age of kids) but they're a few minutes walk apart from each other.

Looking at Michaela's FB page https://www.facebook.com/michaela.oberhorner?fref=ts it seems to me her elder child is at secondary school, and the younger one looks like Key Stage 1 (age up to 7) so based on that I reckon she'd have been at the more northerly school site, on Wood Street. However, both the ITV and DM links show a file photo of the southerly site.

Need some lunch but will have a little google street view wander later on!
    Last edited by CoverMeCagney; 01-15-2016 at 07:31 AM.

That does sound odd, especially with no known sightings of her since.

Her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/michaela.oberhorner

Tried to get a screen grab of the map, Woodside Primary is the yellow mark on the map, banks are shown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, Missoni. Yep spotted a cashpoint on that orange supermarket on the corner, opposite train station. Literally a 2 minute walk on a road which would have been busy at school pick up time. Where can she have gone?!?

Well one thing for sure is if she went in a bank, she would have been caught on camera. Two trains stations close to the banks too. Hmm..

It's very strange. Further sleuthing suggests her older son is about 15 and at a high school nearest to the primary. All 3 school are on (or just off) Wood Street. High school finishes at 3pm, the primary school finishes at either 3:30 or 3:45 depending on which site.

Again, I'm wondering if it's the "younger" school that her littlest is at, and msm have got the wrong stock photo, because otherwise he wouldn't have been due out til 3:45. Could do with this clarifying.

Looks like the picture of the school Mail used is from Street View, I've just snipped the same image from Google Maps.

It would make much more sense if her little boy was at the other site where they have years 1 2 & 3 (up to about age 7/8), he only looks about 5/6 to me.

http://www.woodsideprimaryacademy.co...ntact+Us&pid=2

Can you do the map / ATM thang for that school too pretty please Missoni?

I wonder if she was the car or walking, did she walk off or drive off? Hopefully some more info will come out soon.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    What a weird story. The children must be so scared.

There are only 2 listings for Oberhorner on genesreunited.co.uk:

Michaela P Oberhorner married Emilio P Machado in 2000.
    Patrick Oberhorner was born in 2000.

And Michaela is the only Oberhorner listed on 192.com anywhere in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    What a weird story. The children must be so scared.
    I know. I often get asked to keep an eye on someones kids after school while mum nips to the shop. There is a small Sainsburys with an ATM over the road, and it's easier to leave the kids happy on the play equipment and dash over the road for money/milk/whatever. I just can't imagine just waiting... and waiting...and waiting for the mum to come back.

Sure thing, have marked them on my map, shows the ATMs/Banks too.

Forest Site - Marked A on map

(Nursery (Daycare); Reception; Years One, Two and Three)

Bridge Site - Marked B on Map

(Years Four, Five and Six)

Just read this story and came on here to see if we had a thread going.

What a strange story. Those ATMs are so close to the school, (whichever school bldg it is ) that I would have thought it would be qUicker/easier to take the children with her ? Rather than having to go back to the school to collect them from the friend.

Only reason I could think to need to leave them would be if she had an appointment at the bank, but surely police would have said if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    Just read this story and came on here to see if we had a thread going.

What a strange story. Those ATMs are so close to the school, (whichever school bldg it is ) that I would have thought it would be qUicker/easier to take the children with her ? Rather than having to go back to the school to collect them from the friend.

Only reason I could think to need to leave them would be if she had an appointment at the bank, but surely police would have said if that was the case.
    I've not had chance to check, but is there an actual bank branch near ether school, rather than just an ATM?

We really need to know whether she went in the car or on foot. In fact we need LOADS more info really: Did she seem ok? Any messages sent? Phone ringing out or not? Home checked? Passport taken? C'mon Met Police - throw us a bone...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast