Restaurant has area for Cell Phone users

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Diners at Landmark, a stylish new restaurant in Lincoln Park, don't have to go outside or sneak to the bathroom to make or take that oh-so-important cell phone call. They get a room all to themselves.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The restaurant at 1633 N. Halsted, which opened last week, features a cozy alcove just off the main dining area built specifically for cell phone users.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Patrons can chat away on a cushy leather banquette, surrounded by padded walls covered in faux leopard and snakeskin fabrics. Landmark's owners are even considering equipping the room with battery chargers, though they haven't quite ironed out how to supply enough compatible chargers that people won't steal.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"In this day and age, I don't know one person that doesn't have a cell phone," said co-owner Rob Katz. "And we live in a city where the weather is crazy. Why should people have [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] to run outside to talk on the phone?"

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cellphone26.html
[/font]

What a great idea. I absolutely hate hate hate it when, on those rare occasions that hubby and I get to go out together for dinner, we have to listen to some rude baffoon at the next table jabbering away on his/her phone through the whole meal. Is anyone really so important that they can't turn the darn thing off for an hour or so?

In my area, there is a small beauty supply store that I see had banned the use of cell phones at all. There's a big sign on the front door you can't miss.

hi cass! i see cell phone use replacing cigarettes as an addiction. instead of people walking around with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths, they have these funny looking cell phones stuck to their ears, jabbering away. each is wierd looking and annoying to deal with. (i don't want to hear your stinkin conversation!) :(

Casshew said:
ohhh... you might wanna hear mine :angel: :blowkiss:

ya know cass, maybe i spoke to hastily. there are some conversations i would probably enjoy listening in on. :)

What a good idea. Hubby and I went to a 5 star resturant that is very historic and expensive.

Well this guy from Montreal who was only having a glass of wine, talked loud all the time we where there on his Cell phone.

I just about "accidently" spilled my dinner in his lap(if it was 50.00) I would have.

Talk about disgusting manners and no class......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back