1338 users online (236 members and 1102 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 205
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981

    Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 14 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

    She was last seen that night between 5.30pm and 7.30pm at the Whorouly pub. She was there on her own and her demeanour was nothing out of the ordinary.

    Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ho...#ixzz3xJy2YbUA
    Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
    Convicted rapist says he was the last to see Whorouly mother Karen Chetcuti before she disappeared

    Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/co...#ixzz3xJyKn3w6
    Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981
    Last edited by KateB; 01-17-2016 at 09:43 AM. Reason: edit to clickable link.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    130
    I just heard about this case on TV. Not looking real great if her car was torched & they can't find her phone. I'm just grateful the kids weren't home
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscrib...type=anonymous
    Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    130
    Admin - Am I allowed to post the convicted rapists re-appeal document?
    Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Thanks pappa rob for the thread x
    There's not much more being said locally than what's in the press - a lot of shock really!
    I was wondering how long till Cardamones name was brought in to it, IMO I wonder if that was slipped to the press to pressure him???

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidtear View Post
    Admin - Am I allowed to post the convicted rapists re-appeal document?
    I don't know the protocol in this case , Acid, but I found his appeal doc in 11 seconds on Aust Li. Nasty piece of work, and here is the odd thing.. .. right now, this bloke is doing exactly what he did when he was a suspect in the first case, he is winging it, and planting the idea of her whereabouts on his property as far as he is involved already.. 'she came to my house to get some home grown tomato's.. '.... sure, sure.. and uncannily, he saw her car in Myrtleford just before it was torched, apparently.
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,005
    I hope you do decide to register, Hum..

    meanwhile. ... is it fair to say that Karen must have known the background of her neighbour>? She had lived there for 20 years, and in that time, he had been a career criminal ( according to the appeal documents made public) crimes of a particularly personal sort, assault, theft, sexual assault, etc.. it must have concerned her , at the very least , when he moved there after his release from prison just a year ago, a woman living alone with a teenage daughter as well...

    I travel a bit between Wangaratta and Bright, and around Everton and Milawa and Gapsted, in the chase for odd wines, with a fixated partner , luckily it is very beautiful country, and filled with interesting places, it is a terrible thing to happen. . .
    Last edited by KateB; 01-17-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: remove quoted post.
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,005
    in case it is relevant.. the weather around Whorouly and Myrtleford was truly awful on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday... hot hot hot , around 38c and up to 39c and 40c and 43c, hot wind, hot nights ..
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I don't know the protocol in this case , Acid, but I found his appeal doc in 11 seconds on Aust Li. Nasty piece of work, and here is the odd thing.. .. right now, this bloke is doing exactly what he did when he was a suspect in the first case, he is winging it, and planting the idea of her whereabouts on his property as far as he is involved already.. 'she came to my house to get some home grown tomato's.. '.... sure, sure.. and uncannily, he saw her car in Myrtleford just before it was torched, apparently.
    He's not officially been named as a POI, but he's been named as the last to see her, so that's a little blurred... I'm just not sure if it can be posted. I sure want to see it though!
    They do infact grow produce, I have no idea what other than cherries, but they do have a large green house. It's definitely a community where people share and care about each other, but I'm a bit suss on that too... He could always go and put tomatoes in her kitchen afterwards IYKWIM!

    His seeing her car in Myrt was definitely weird IMO - not saying it didn't happen and if it were near Target it was likely on that street parallel to the main road through Myrtleford. I just kind of think, what are the chances of that happening??? Him being the last to see her (prior to that it was believed that the publicans were the last to see her) and then seeing her car in Myrt!
    I would have thought that if she worked in Wang and lived in Whorouly she wouldn't have much to do with Myrt anyway, all of her business would be done in Wang and it's a much bigger town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I hope you do decide to register, Hum..

    meanwhile. ... is it fair to say that Karen must have known the background of her neighbour>? She had lived there for 20 years, and in that time, he had been a career criminal ( according to the appeal documents made public) crimes of a particularly personal sort, assault, theft, sexual assault, etc.. it must have concerned her , at the very least , when he moved there after his release from prison just a year ago, a woman living alone with a teenage daughter as well...

    I travel a bit between Wangaratta and Bright, and around Everton and Milawa and Gapsted, in the chase for odd wines, with a fixated partner , luckily it is very beautiful country, and filled with interesting places, it is a terrible thing to happen. . .
    I'd imagine so - it's common knowledge that Cardamone is a bad egg, especially bordering on his property and as you say having a daughter! Karen also was a regular at the pub and I'm NOT insinuating anything at all there - it's a small village and she had to go there to get her mail and it's the social hub of the village. AND being that, it's the hub of gossip too of course! So yes I'd think she'd know a lot about his history!

    Trooper, I hope you don't miss out on the King Valley? Some fab little wineries through there! You're on the money with Gapsted though, a personal fave! I love some of their quirky wines, actually I love all their wines

    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    in case it is relevant.. the weather around Whorouly and Myrtleford was truly awful on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday... hot hot hot , around 38c and up to 39c and 40c and 43c, hot wind, hot nights ..
    It was horrendously HOT!!! Inside with aircon on only kind of weather! It rained on Wednesday maybe? Just a quick storm and then cooled right down on Thursday - cardigan weather!!
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I don't know the protocol in this case , Acid, but I found his appeal doc in 11 seconds on Aust Li. Nasty piece of work, and here is the odd thing.. .. right now, this bloke is doing exactly what he did when he was a suspect in the first case, he is winging it, and planting the idea of her whereabouts on his property as far as he is involved already.. 'she came to my house to get some home grown tomato's.. '.... sure, sure.. and uncannily, he saw her car in Myrtleford just before it was torched, apparently.
    I'll just let people google it then...seems he doesn't like women of "mature age" though
    Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Karen was involved in the WHOROULY community.

    Community reps are<modsnip>, Karen Chetcuti, <modsnip>


    http://www.whoroulyhotel.com/wp-cont...4/09/sep14.pdf
    Last edited by KateB; 01-17-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: removed other community reps names.
    JMHOO

    Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Michael Cardamone says he had nothing to do with the disappearance of Ms Chetcuti.


    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscrib...type=anonymous
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JMHOO

    Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Karen was involved in the WHOROULY community.

    Community reps are <modsnip>, Karen Chetcuti, <modsnip>.


    http://www.whoroulyhotel.com/wp-cont...4/09/sep14.pdf

    Karen was very very involved! It's an amazing little community!
    Last edited by KateB; 01-17-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: edit quoted post.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    OK, here's a thought....

    If in fact Cardamone had anything to do with this... He saw her car in Myrtleford because he left it there - On Wednesday night he saw that the police were at her house (given the border of the properties he could see this) and then he realised he needed to take the car elsewhere and burn it - hence the timing of the burning of the car.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    5,349
    Mr Cardamone said he had invited Ms Chetcuti to his home to collect some tomatoes that he had grown and she was at his property from 8.40pm to 9.15pm on Tuesday.

    "When she left here, she took off towards home," he said.

    He said the container of tomatoes she had taken was later found on a bench in her home.

    http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3...e-karen-alive/

    Sorry if this has already been posted.
    JMHOO

    Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Australia Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6
    By KayElJay in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 685
    Last Post: 01-14-2017, 04:56 PM
  2. Australia Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #5
    By KayElJay in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1023
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 12:52 AM
  3. Australia Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #4
    By KayElJay in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1091
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 01:46 AM
  4. Australia Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3
    By KayElJay in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 999
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 10:24 PM
  5. Australia Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 922
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 09:03 AM

Tags for this Thread