708 users online (83 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Pacific Northwest

Olympic gold medalist Picabo Street charged with assault

Olympic gold-medalist skier Picabo Street has been charged with assault and domestic violence after authorities say she pushed her father down the stairs in a Utah home in December
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

CA always, FL now
    Picabo Street to argue self-defense in domestic violence case

SALT LAKE CITY — A lawyer for Olympic gold-medalist skier Picabo Street said Thursday that she was defending herself during a December fight with her father and will demand a jury trial on domestic violence and assault charges.

Attorney Joe Wrona said that the ex-Olympian called 911 for help after her father attacked her, and she doesn't plan to strike a plea deal with prosecutors.

Picabo Street makes first court appearance on domestic violence charges after Olympic gold medalist allegedly threw her father, 76, down two flights of stairs

Picabo Street made her first appearance in a Salt Lake City, Utah courtroom on Tuesday

She is facing three counts of misdemeanor domestic violence in the presence of a child and one count of misdemeanor assault

Street allegedly threw her father Roland, 76, down two flights of stairs and locked him in a basement at her home on December 23 of last year

Her defense attorney Joe Wrona said she was defending herself from her combative 76-year-old father and expects to be cleared of the charges

Street had an illustrious skiing career highlighted by a gold medal at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz40QFUWT8I