OH - 86 year old woman beaten in attack, Cuyahoga County, 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
An 86-year-old Rocky River woman was attacked and beaten in her home on Friday.

Bertha Lavelle's son said she went to answer the door when two men pushed their way into the home.

The mother of six was so severely beaten almost every facial bone was broken, officials said. Her jaw, nose and cheeks were broken. She was able to get herself across the street to neighbor Richard Haviland for help.

"I saw Bert walking down the drive and I couldn't see that anything was wrong with her," Haviland said.

When she got closer, he saw her bloody face and called 911. She told him she had been out in her car earlier getting gas.

"She thought maybe someone might have been up there, that perhaps looking for a single older person and followed them home," Haviland said.

Her house was ransacked, her phone line cut and her car was stolen, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wews/2957913

Thats exactly what I was thinking Mabel. Cowards :chicken:

On Monday afternoon 2 men , ages 21 & 27, were arrested in connection with this crime. Whatever happens to them, it's too good for them. What cowards, among other things.

Update--

The 2 creeps mentioned above have been charged, the 21 y.o. with felonious assault and the 27 y.o. with receiving stolen property. Their bonds are set at $1 million and $500,000 respectively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back