1170 users online (225 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

UK - Kiran Zaman, 21, Keighley, West Yorkshire, 7 Jan 2016

Kiran Zaman

Police ask public to help trace missing Keighley woman

"West Yorkshire Police are concerned for a 21 year old female who has been reported missing by her Family.

Kiran Zaman was last seen 7th January 2016 at approximately 7:45 am when she left her home address in Sunny Mount, Keighley, West Yorkshire and has not been seen since. Her family are becoming increasingly concerned about her as this is extremely out of character.

She is described as an Asian Female, Shoulder length black hair, thin build. Clothing description not known at this time."

https://www.facebook.com/WYPKeighley/

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...an/?ref=twtrec

Last edited by KateB; 01-17-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: removed photo.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks, KateB.

This lady is only 10 or so miles from me but I've heard nothing locally aside from on the West Yorks Police FB page. Will keep an eye out on local news.

Interestingly, she's not listed on missingpeople.org - usually a telling sign that the police are taking it very seriously or suspecting foul play.

This is going to sound really critical, but I wish missing posters and appeals would use the clearest photos. Kiran is pictured in all her finery (at a wedding, I think) and it's really hard to tell what she looks like in her everyday life.

Without the jewels and bindi and heavy makeup she might look totally different. Makes it much harder for the average person on the street to know whether they've seen her.

IMO

Seem to be many who know and/or recognize her on this photo (people from school at various points, those who have seen LE activity, someone who taught her at the mosque, etc.)

Hopefully the fact that many in her daily life/community seem to know/ recognize her even from this photo will bode well for LE getting some tips now that people are aware she's missing.

https://www.facebook.com/WYPKeighley...602240/?type=3

She studied at Craven College and finished a diploma this past October it seems:

Health and social care: health and social care (adults) level 2 diploma
    http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/1...e_tough_times/

Saw a sudden glut of some UK headlines on twitter involving a 20 something female and West ____ Police involved and had to come back to find this thread to see if it was about KZ because the other stories didn't include a name, and I couldn't remember which West ___ Police agency was involved in this one!

Not the same girl! Phew!

KZ appears to still be missing and there's no new info that I've found.

Just one other West Yorkshire Police thread on her with even less convo, but...there's so little out there I'll include it just because. https://www.facebook.com/WYPBradford...type=3&theater

There has literally been NOTHING about this lady's disappearance. Just checked a few FB posts and there is one man saying WYPolice have found her safe and well. However, there is nothing on the police page, not even the original report. She's not on missingpeople.org either.

So I'm guessing she tried to flee whatever situation at home, and has been tracked down by family

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    There has literally been NOTHING about this lady's disappearance. Just checked a few FB posts and there is one man saying WYPolice have found her safe and well. However, there is nothing on the police page, not even the original report. She's not on missingpeople.org either.

So I'm guessing she tried to flee whatever situation at home, and has been tracked down by family
    BBM: That sentence is terrifying
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Quote Originally Posted by Purplepixii View Post
    BBM: That sentence is terrifying
    Well I keep typing replies to this but everything I say makes me sound some kind of "ist" so I've deleted the lot and will park this one up I think.

Feeling slightly angry.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Well I keep typing replies to this but everything I say makes me sound some kind of "ist" so I've deleted the lot and will park this one up I think.

Feeling slightly angry.
    Think I know what you want to say - just say it prefixed with "I'm not an ist".

If you're thinking maybe she's tried to escape a cultural tradition such as arranged marriage I'm with you.
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Quote Originally Posted by Purplepixii View Post
    Think I know what you want to say - just say it prefixed with "I'm not an ist".

If you're thinking maybe she's tried to escape a cultural tradition such as arranged marriage I'm with you.
    Yes that's one of the issues of course, but sometimes it's as simple as westernised youngsters versus traditional family. New versus old. Freedom versus punishment. Happiness versus expectation. It will change as the generations move on I hope.

I live literally around the corner from here and so I was interested to know if anyone had heard any more about Kiran's whereabouts?

Also, being from the same community as Kiran, I would say there is more chance that if she has run away that she did so with a partner. Perhaps a partner her parents didn't approve of. From my experience, that is far more common than a girl running away from a forced marriage.

This theory would also explain why there has been nothing else in the media.

Having a daughter (or son) run away with a partner before marriage is not the sort of thing families from the southeast Asian community generally want to broadcast and it is still seen as shameful within these communities. So, if the family became aware of her whereabouts after the initial media reports, it is likely they would seek to prevent the information being published.

Whatever the case may be, I pray she is both safe and happy.