1243 users online (208 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TN - Nashville Teacher Arrested, 3 Students found in trunk of her car

http://fox17.com/news/local/teacher-...n-trunk-of-car

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--A mid-state teacher has been arrested after police found three children in the trunk of her car.

According to La Vergne police, a concerned citizen at the Speedway gas station on Murfreesboro Road called dispatch to report they saw a lady with kids in the trunk of her car. Police arrived on scene and found 33-year-old Andria D. James had three children ages 9 & 10-years-old in the trunk. Six children of similar age were found in the cab area of the vehicle.

Parents of the children were called to come get their kids and James was taken into custody. The children were reportedly students of James, who is a teacher.

It's strange, I don't think any schools are open today. Private school maybe??

Edited: Looks like it happened Sun evening. I wonder why she had the kids? There were 9 kids in total in her vehicle.

A citizen reported seeing the kids in the trunk Sunday evening, January 17, 2016, at a gas station in Nashville, according to a report from Fox17.com. Police found three children – ages nine and 10 years old – in the trunk; six more children, around that same age, were found in the cab.
    http://wqad.com/2016/01/18/tennessee...nk-of-her-car/
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 01-18-2016 at 06:05 PM.

If they were going to the drive in movie, that is the only way I can see this as to why they might be in the trunk.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Joe Bass, a Metro Nashville Schools representative, told News 2 James is a part-time tutor at Alex Green Elementary and has been since September.

He said she will be placed on administrative leave as soon as district offices reopen Tuesday morning, as is standard procedure when an employee is arrested.

“Obviously, the acts she is accused of are completely inappropriate for an educator entrusted with caring for students, and we will take further disciplinary action if needed as more details come to light,” he said.
    http://wkrn.com/2016/01/18/woman-arr...-inside-trunk/

Sounds like she was transporting kids somewhere, run out of space inside the car and had kids ride in the trunk?
    You would think someone in their thirties would know better. But I guess not.
    Just my opinion

Well this is bizarre.

TN-Nashville Teacher Found With Nine Children In Vehicle, 3 In Trunk, 1-18-16

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/cri...runk/78983354/

She was caught in Rutherford County at a gas station. According to Fox News SiriusXM Ch. 114, she had told parents the children were being rewarded for doing well in school and she would take them on a field trip.

I was having trouble choosing whether to put this in Bizarre, Off-Beat News, or Spotlight on Children!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/cri...runk/78983354/

She was caught in Rutherford County at a gas station. According to Fox News SiriusXM Ch. 114, she had told parents the children were being rewarded for doing well in school and she would take them on a field trip.

I was having trouble choosing whether to put this in Bizarre, Off-Beat News, or Spotlight on Children!
    Maybe we need to start a whole new subheading..

Andria James has denied the claims. "There were never nine in my car or in the store. Never. That's a complete and utter lie."

But surveillance video from the Speedway tells a different story.

James said she picked the kids up after a basketball game on Saturday and they spent the night at her La Vergne home.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/us/tea...-in-car-trunk/

what the

what?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

In this day and age, what parent would even allow their child a "sleepover" at a teachers house? And even a good trustworthy teacher shouldn't put herself in such a position. This woman showed horrendous judgement and I hope she never gets to teach or deal with children in a professional capacity again. Smdh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is this the same case where children were found in a trunk (but now we find out they were her students)? I remember seeing a story on google news yesterday (but was working on the Noah Chamberlin case, so I didn't have time to search here for a thread.

If this is a separate case, I will be gobsmacked. Not that I'm not already....

What. The. What?
    Indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Her fb:

https://m.facebook.com/andria.james.378

If my child's teacher, part time tutor, whatever had a page like this, I would be very concerned!

James is set to appear in court on March 9th.

Ms. James isn’t waiting until her court date to make her case. James said there were only six children in the car, and all had seat belts. She reportedly told the network that at no time were the children in the trunk of the car.

James believes that a Caucasian couple called police because she and her students were taking too long to order their food. The overnight weekend trip, she says, was supposed to be a reward for students who did good in school, and was intended to be recreational in nature.

Some of the parents were rightfully outraged at James when they came to pick up their children, who were reportedly found scared and crying. One parent said, “They didn’t have on shoes. They didn’t have on coats…no more weekend trips. If it’s not a permission slip from Alex Green Elementary, they will not be going.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/pol...g-youd-expect/

She later explained that two of the kids were her children and they had stopped for pizza at the gas station after a basketball game. James insisted that they were just playing in the trunk while the car was parked and denied that she was driving when they were found.

“No, absolutely not, positively not,” James said, reported WSMV.com. “Not one minute did I leave kids in the trunk.”

However, police say the crime was caught on surveillance.

James was taken to Rutherford County Jail and released on $1,000 bond.

http://globalgrind.com/2016/01/20/th...tutors-arrest/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast