NY - Muslim Man Attacked walking with 9 year old niece - hate crime *ARRESTS*

Residents and community leaders expressed outrage over the weekend following the attack of a Muslim who was beaten by teens shouting “ISIS, ISIS.”

Mujibur Rahman, 43, a Bangladeshi man who on Saturday was wearing traditional South Asian clothing, was attacked in front of his horrified 9-year-old niece in the Bronx. The incident happened on Watson and Pugsley Aves. in Parkchester on Saturday around 5:30 p.m., authorities said.

Rahman’s niece was not physically wounded during the attack, but the incident left her emotionally traumatized.

“She could not sleep,” a family friend told NY1. “She said she didn’t want to go back to school anymore.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...im-man-bronx-sparks-outrage-article-1.2500067

This is what happens when we allow hateful rhetoric to be spread :( That poor baby girl.

This is what happens when we allow hateful rhetoric to be spread :( That poor baby girl.

Think about how diverse the population is in NYC is... so many different cultures yet idiots think it's okay to be so brazen with their hate. I agree - the rhetoric is helping to fuel this kind of behavior.

That poor girl. What a terrible thing to be exposed to at such a young age.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/muslim-man-attacked-by-isis-hating-****s-has-no-idea-who-isis-is/

I hate that tthis man was attachked whie his niece looked onn, but seriously, they've never heard of Isis? MOO

from link:

Rahman, who was wearing traditional Islamic garb at the time, said it’s clear that the two ****s targeted him because of his religion.

“I was dressed like a Muslim,” he said. “That’s why I was attacked. This has never happened before. I hope and wish this doesn’t happen in the future to anyone else.”

what other reason would he be attacked for dressing like a muslim? I'm not buying that he's never heard of Isis. Does he live under a rock?

He didn't try to defend himself because he didn't know how to fight. What???

Just some juvenile delinquents with nothing better to fill their time. The perps probably only have a slight idea of what ISIS is. And, no, the national media will not report the race of the perps unless they are white and fit into the story the media is so eagerly waiting to print.

Lots of people don't know how to defend themselves in a fight.

Ahh. Maybe he hasn't. If it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't know who they were. I don't watch the news on tv.

One of the articles I read said he doesn't speak English and ISIS is probably not pronounced the same in Bengali. Anyway, I can't imagine why he would lie about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back