Found Deceased CO - Ryder Johnson, 20, Boulder County, 17 Jan 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Ryder Johnson
20160118_063115_eldora_200.jpg

Boulder sheriff: Eldora employee missing; car found near Gross Reservoir

Eldora Ski Area, Boulder County, Colorado -
"The Boulder County Sheriff's Office is searching for a 20-year-old Lafayette man missing since Sunday afternoon when he left his job at Eldora Mountain Resort.

A news release said deputies found Ryder Johnson's vehicle parked near Gross Reservoir in the 5800 block of Flagstaff Road around 10 p.m. Sunday. He was last seen at 3 p.m.

About 30 rescuers from multiple agencies began searching Gross Reservoir and the Walker Ranch Open Space area around 8 a.m. Monday. Rescuers used a helicopter in the search.

As of 6:15 p.m. Monday, the search for Johnson had been suspended."

https://www.facebook.com/RyderJohnson95

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_29401140

Uh oh. Hope he is just on an adventure... Never like seeing that there is water near a missing person's car. Be safe, Ryder.

yes, Hap. My first thought was that maybe he went in the water on purpose. I hope not. But it seems weird that immediately after work, a 20 yr old would go for a hike by themselves, if they already work on the mountain. He was in nature all day already. I'd think he'd go get food and rest and hang with friends.

Camping maybe? But I would imagine he wouldn't be that far from his vehicle and there would be evidence of it.

Camping maybe? But I would imagine he wouldn't be that far from his vehicle and there would be evidence of it.

True. But he is a good looking 20 yr old. I'd think he would camp with friends or lovers instead of all alone. Just seems odd to me.

But maybe he just wanted to go on a hike?

True. But he is a good looking 20 yr old. I'd think he would camp with friends or lovers instead of all alone. Just seems odd to me.

But maybe he just wanted to go on a hike?

Could be. I could see it, my DH used to camp alone sometimes. Maybe a backpack camping trip, hike in and set up camp. The only reason I hesitate is that the time he went missing is too late in the day to have hiked far, and no one hikes at night in the mountains. You stop and set up camp.

I'm hoping for the best! But I'll spread the word anyway.

I guess some people do it, but it just seems way too cold to camp right now. He's from my hometown and I see friends on his FB list who are friends with my family. This is very close to home. I hope he is OK. Gross Reservoir is kind of a drive from Eldora, but maybe he was on his way back to Boulder or Lafayette and took a detour? All I can guess is he stopped somewhere for some back country skiing and he's hurt. 20yo guys I knew growing up did this alone all of the time

Did they also find his phone? I thought I saw something that it was found with his car (and could be why his car was found so quickly). I cannot find it in news reports, though. Still searching to find where I saw that.

And from the above link, I'm wondering did he park his car and walk down the road? Or enter the woods? There would have to be footprints in the snow somewhere. If it is a regular hiking trail then I get not being able to discern between prints. It would be better to know if the area gets a lot of traffic. I feel like going and seeing for myself but wouldn't be able to go out until the weekend.

Another thought, I know it isn't good, but have they looked up and IN the trees?

AND from the look of the map posted, he wasn't really near Gross Lake. This map indicated he was near Kossler Lake which has several homes and trails nearby. I'm sure they've knocked on those doors and asked if they've seen anything?

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/01/...a-week/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LAFAYETTE, Colo. (CBS4) – The search was back on Monday for a 20-year-old man from Lafayette.

Ryder Johnson was last seen on Jan. 17 leaving his job at Eldora Ski Area. That night a deputy found Johnson’s car parked near Gross Reservoir on Flagstaff Road behind the Flatirons.

Searches over the weekend didn’t bring in any clues.

Still not a lot of information, but they were searching.

I wonder where he was supposed to show up, and when, and to meet whom? as quoted in this article he was reported missing after he didn't show up later. Home? With friends? At a bar?

I *think* home. The road they found his car on would lead back towards Boulder and then to Lafayette

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back