Kayla Avery's Statement

missy1974

Reaction score
zm8nYlw.jpg

Has this been posted? it is Kayla's written statement. Note the date.

I have not seen it before, so I apologize if it's been posted already, I just seen it on reddit.

***While reading this, remember, this is a 14 yr old girl. I would have thought it was from a much younger child, which is sad :(

zm8nYlw.jpg

Has this been posted? it is Kayla's written statement. Note the date.

I have not seen it before, so I apologize if it's been posted already, I just seen it on reddit.

***While reading this, remember, this is a 14 yr old girl. I would have thought it was from a much younger child, which is sad :(

Nice note. The (S) is cute. It's almost police like.

It was interesting to me because of the date.... it was AFTER Brendan's interrogations. It is reported that they spoke to her before this, but of course, none of those interviews are recorded.

I have not researched BD as much as SA, only because it just breaks my heart and having boys similar ages, I just can't watch it over and over. So I hope this adds something to the discussion that others are having in regards to BD :)

It was interesting to me because of the date.... it was AFTER Brendan's interrogations. It is reported that they spoke to her before this, but of course, none of those interviews are recorded.

I have not researched BD as much as SA, only because it just breaks my heart and having boys similar ages, I just can't watch it over and over. So I hope this adds something to the discussion that others are having in regards to BD :)

I agree noticed the date. This after the news coverage by KK about the heinous confession of BD. Seems they didn't care who they bullied. I really believe her tear filled testimony on the stand was the truth. She was confused. That had to suck having that kind of pressure these young kids were under having their uncle being suspected of murder and investigators telling them he did it.

Dassey's Cousin Testifies She Made Up Incriminating Conversation

Trial testimony excerpt

Q. Yes. Okay. Did you tell -- You told them about a conversation you had with Brendan about -- about that bonfire and what was in the bonfire. Tell us about that?
A. I really don't remember.
Q. All right. Now, Kayla, didn't you tell the officers that Brendan told you he had seen body. parts in a fire?
[objections; overruled. snipped text]
Q All right. What did -- What did you report telling the officers that Brendan told you about the fire?
A. I really can't remember.
Q. All right. Did you give the officers a statement?
A. Uh, yeah.
Q. All right.
(Exhibit No. 163 marked for identification.)
. . Q. All right. And is that the statement that you gave to Officers, urn, Fassbender and Wiegert?
A. Yes.
Q. All right. Would you take a moment to read that statement to yourself, please? Have you finished reading it?
A. Yes.
Q. I'm going to have Mr. Kratz take the statement. Okay. Does reviewing that statement help you remember?
A. Yes.
Q. All right. What did Brendan tell you about the fire? You'll have to pull the microphone a little closer so we can hear you.
A. He didn't tell me anything. I I kind of made up the statement. And I'm sorry.
Q. All right. What did you make up? Tell us what you said you made up?
A. That he seen body parts in there. I didn't -- He didn't see it. I -- He didn't tell me anything like that, or he didn't see Teresa's body or anything like that.
Q. You also told the officers that Brendan told you he saw Teresa alive and pinned up, didn't you?
A. Yes.
. . Q. So when you were talking to the officer -- You understand that they're police officers; right?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. So you were lying to the police officer?
A. Yes.
Q. Why did you lie?
A. I was confused and I didn't know what to do.
Q. Who were you confused about?
A. I don't know. Everything.
. . Q. Kayla, isn't it true the officers came to talk to you because of what you told the counselors at school? They asked you about what you told the counselors?
A. I don't know. I can't remember.
Q Are you confused?
A. Right now? Yes.
Q. No further questions.

Link

Uhhh...wow.

Seeing this, I absolutely believe that she made it up and was telling the truth on the stand. She hated SA and wanted to help make sure he was put away.

"P.S. Teresa was pind up"
What kind of P.S. is that?? Interesting, though, that she noted P.P.S. instead of P.S.S. (about him rotting in jail) That is a common error, especially among children, but she did it correctly. Just struck me as funny compared to the rest of the statement...

So how was it that Kayla managed to tell the exact same story that Brendan told? I mean, if Brendan didn't tell her anything about the crime or seeing body parts in the fire, then how did she manage to come up with the exact same story? I think Brendan did say something to her about it, and I think she was lying on the stand when she said she had just made it all up.

I think she is a 14 yr old girl who finds herself in the middle of hell. She is all emotion and has no one to really tell her the truth and is trying to help.

I have no ill will towards this kid. I hope she has someone to really love her. It is okay in my book if she hates SA. That is her right. She may know all of the crap he did and so this is just something else and so she is lost and over the edge.

So how was it that Kayla managed to tell the exact same story that Brendan told? I mean, if Brendan didn't tell her anything about the crime or seeing body parts in the fire, then how did she manage to come up with the exact same story? I think Brendan did say something to her about it, and I think she was lying on the stand when she said she had just made it all up.

Lol... She didn't tell the same story. From what I read she first asked if blood could seep up through cracks in concrete. The above statement was made (with the help of Fassbender and Weigert) AFTER Dassey had confessed. By that point it was common knowledge that the theory of the crime was that Halbach had been burned in Avery's fire pit and Dassey had witnessed it. Her statement only confirms she watched TV and overheard stories the rest of her family and peers were talking about.

What I find interesting about KA's testimony is what the police officers say about the reason they put Barb and Brendan at the hotel between his statements. They claimed in Brendan's trial that it was because of "safety" and because they didn't want to risk having his statements tainted by talking to other people in between.

I wish Barb hadn't gone along with this. They had done essentially the same to Steven, but at least it was legal, based on the firearms charge. They couldn't arrest Brendan for anything, so they talked her into this sequestering. They seemed to do the same damn thing when they pulled the car over because the police testified in Brendan's trial that they pulled the car over in "anticipation" of a warrant. But they lied to the sons and said they had the warrant already. They should never have been allowed to stop and detain that car, waiting for a warrant. You either have the warrant or you don't, but you can't hold a person waiting on it.

Anyways, if they felt that way about making sure Brendan's statements didn't get tainted by others, so they put them in the hotel, why did they not consider that with Kayla's statement? It could have, and in my opinion, was tainted from feb 20 to march 7th. And I believe the police confused her and told her "they already knew" in order to get her to tell the same story. I'm very confident that they leaked the details of Brendan's "confession" from the first to her on the 7th.

If the police truly believed they could get tainted statements from Brendan if they hadn't sequestered him, then that should go for ALL of the statements.

Additionally, KA claimed on the stand that they were talking at a birthday party for her cousin. She corrected the prosecutor and said it was in November when he said December. The police said it was December 5th. In her testimony, she says the cousin's actual birthday was in Feb. It makes no sense to me.

I wonder which draft of the statement this is.

Just remembering how Michael O'Kelly threw away Brendan's handwritten statement because it didn't conform to the state's theory of the crime.

ETA: So O'Kelly told Brendan the details they wanted Brendan to 'confess' to.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pic2.png
    pic2.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 53

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics