Canada - Transitway sex assault, robbery of 15 yr old girl by 4 men, Ottawa, Aug 2013

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/01/18/transitway-sex-assault-complainant-in-shock-cop
A 15-year-old girl was “distraught, upset and in tears” when security guards came to her aid in August 2013, a court heard Monday — but she didn’t say she’d been sexually assaulted by four men now accused of doing just that.

The girl, who cannot be named because of a publication ban, has testified four young men accosted her at the Blair Rd. Transitway station, then dragged her to the alcove of a nearby office building and sexually attacked her at about 5 a.m. on Aug. 11, 2013.

Security guard Brian Smith said he met the complainant and saw a group of men running off.

“They took my wallet and money,” the girl told Smith, according to his evidence.
A fellow police officer, however, told her that the complainant “had been raped by four males.” When she first laid eyes on the girl, she found her to be “quiet, stone-faced — I would describe it as shock.” The girl pointed out the alcove where she said the attack took place and Gagnon gave her a ride to CHEO, where they waited for a sex assault nurse to come on shift for a rape kit.

The girl was said she was sleepy and asked for blankets.

“I sat with her in the darkened room,” Gagnon said.

Maher Fafayi, Hanten Hersi, Christian Kadima, all 22, and Warsama Youssouf, 21, have pleaded not guilty to sexual assault and other related charges.

The trial continues.

1297457430974_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...using-four-men-of-gang-raping-her-trial-hears
A security guard on a smoke break some 150 metres away from an alleged gang rape near OC Transpo Blair Station in Ottawa on the morning of Aug. 11, 2013, says he didn’t hear the 15-year-old girl’s screams.

Peter Ranger testified on Monday at the trial of four young men accused of sexual assault, saying that he didn’t see or hear anything unusual on that Sunday morning outside his office building. Once inside, he was asked to man the front desk while his supervisor went outside to check on things after an employee said she heard a girl screaming “leave me alone,” court heard.

The girl has said she was pushed into dark bushes, surrounded and raped by four young black men as she was trying to find the right bus stop to get to her grandmother’s.

Ranger testified that he couldn’t make out the colour of skin of men running from the scene as he zoomed in on security camera No. 119.

It was Aug. 11, 2013. She'd been at a party and was trying to find her way to her grandmother's house from the Blair Rd. Transitway station when four men set upon her, she said in a police interview played to the court.

One of the men slipped an arm around her shoulder and led her to a bench, demanding she perform a sex act on him. He pulled out a fat wad of cash and said he'd give her a ride home if she did what he asked.

She refused but he forced her, the court heard.

Then he led her across the Transitway overpass to a secluded alcove at a nearby office building, his arm again around her shoulder.

Security footage played in court shows the man walking with her, with the other three men dawdling and following a short distance behind.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/01/14/teen-girl-tells-of-transitway-sex-attack
January 14, 2016

What does any of that have to do with whether or not she allegedly had sexual contact with 4 strangers, before going to her Grandmother's home? imo.

In an intense cross-examination Friday, defence lawyer Natasha Calvinho pointed out that while the girl –who was 15 at the time of the alleged assault – said she rarely drank and smoked marijuana, dozens of her own online posts painted a different portrait.

Calvinho, who represents Hersi, also established that the girl couldn’t say for certain who tore off her red underwear on the morning in question, Aug. 11, 2013.

The girl told police that she was followed, then attacked at the transit way and nearby bushes. She screamed, “This is rape” and “Leave me alone,” court heard.

Defence lawyer James Harbic, who is representing Fafayi, noted in court that the alleged victim was trivializing sex in online posts just four months after his client was arrested in the case.

“She’s laughing at all of us and the person who’s paying is my client. (She’s) trivializing what she’s alleging against my client,” Harbic said.

“She’s not trivializing rape,” prosecutor Lisa Miles fired back.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/0116-sex-attack

The defense lawyer looks like he's reverting to the 'old days' where a victims was at fault - never the men that rape. What an a-hole he is imo. Will watch for the judge's instruction to the jury (assuming there is one).

The defense lawyer looks like he's reverting to the 'old days' where a victims was at fault - never the men that rape. What an a-hole he is imo. Will watch for the judge's instruction to the jury (assuming there is one).

I would hope that kind of defense wouldn't work. If I was ever on a jury it wouldn't get a pass from me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back