AZ - 3 Y/O Girl Kept In Closet and Offered For Sex, Mesa

rosie_lee

Reaction score
MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Police in a Phoenix suburb are investigating a child-abuse case in which a 3-year-old malnourished girl was bound with duct tape, kept in a trash sack inside closet and offered for sex by a man babysitting the child, officials said Tuesday.

“This is just one of those cases that just shocks the soul,” Mesa Police Chief John Meza said.

Mesa said the man was arrested Monday, along with the girl’s mother, who is accused of shaving her daughter’s head to get money by claiming the girl had cancer.

The girl had duct tape around her mouth, hands, arms and legs, was wearing only a diaper and a T-shirt, was covered in feces and had multiple bruises, scratches and blisters on her body, Meza said.

Injuries in the genital area indicated the girl had been sexually abused, and she was too weak to stand on her own, Meza said. “The child was in terrible condition.”
[...]
Police said Francisco Rios Covarrubias, 30, was arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking and other crimes, while the girl’s 22-year-old mother was arrested on suspicion of child abuse
More at link...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-3-year-old-arizona-girl-kept-in-closet-offered-for-sex/1166812/

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...a-pd-girl-3-found-duct-taped-closet/78994296/

Login

Share MediaShow Caption

BREAKING

Mesa police: Girl, 3, found duct-taped in a closet

Alicia Gonzales and Garrett Mitchell, The Arizona Republic1 hour ago

*advertiser censored*3-year-old girl who was discovered duct-taped and covered in feces inside a Mesa man's closet Monday is in the state's custody as her mother and her babysitter face abuse charges.

The man who was watching the child was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping, abuse and sex-trafficking charges Monday after the child was found suffering from malnutrition, genital blistering and rash, and multiple scratches and bruises, Mesa Police Chief John Meza*said.

More at link and also a video with Mesa Police Chief

So often in horrific child abuse cases I think oh if ONLY someone had intervened before the child actually died, that would be such a blessing. Reading through this case, I'm not sure. I'm not sure this child will ever be able to function in society, at all. This girl may live a long life completely unable to function.

How sick can some people get? I just don't understand it..

How sick can some people get? I just don't understand it..
To my mind, "evil" is more apropos. Sick assigns blame to a broken mind. And, afaics, these people were/are fully responsible for their reprehensible behavior.

Wow! We talk about people not reporting things because they don't want to get involved or fear their own actions may get them in trouble, then we have this guy who hooks up online, does meth, whatever else and STILL has the common human decency to call the police about this poor girl! Doesn't leave a lot of excuses for anyone else who can't make themselves do the right thing.

How sad and sickening - we follow all these much loved missing kid cases, hear about caring families having a child snatched away, and then you get these utter low lives. Life ain't fair...

Wow! We talk about people not reporting things because they don't want to get involved or fear their own actions may get them in trouble, then we have this guy who hooks up online, does meth, whatever else and STILL has the common human decency to call the police about this poor girl! Doesn't leave a lot of excuses for anyone else who can't make themselves do the right thing.
Yes, thank goodness this guy called it in!

MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Police in a Phoenix suburb are investigating a child-abuse case in which a 3-year-old malnourished girl was bound with duct tape, kept in a trash sack inside closet and offered for sex by a man babysitting the child, officials said Tuesday.

“This is just one of those cases that just shocks the soul,” Mesa Police Chief John Meza said.

Mesa said the man was arrested Monday, along with the girl’s mother, who is accused of shaving her daughter’s head to get money by claiming the girl had cancer.

The girl had duct tape around her mouth, hands, arms and legs, was wearing only a diaper and a T-shirt, was covered in feces and had multiple bruises, scratches and blisters on her body, Meza said.

Injuries in the genital area indicated the girl had been sexually abused, and she was too weak to stand on her own, Meza said. “The child was in terrible condition.”
[...]
Police said Francisco Rios Covarrubias, 30, was arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking and other crimes, while the girl’s 22-year-old mother was arrested on suspicion of child abuse
More at link...

I have seen some bad stuff, and they're all bad, all the babies/children abused and killed. But really, this has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen, if that's even possible.

Oh. My. God. I'm literally having trouble breathing after seeing this. Unbelieeeevable.

I have seen some bad stuff, and they're all bad, all the babies/children abused and killed. But really, this has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen, if that's even possible.

Oh. My. God. I'm literally having trouble breathing after seeing this. Unbelieeeevable.
I was absolutely sickened by everything that I read. These evil & demented individuals never need to see the light of day, IMO.

So often in horrific child abuse cases I think oh if ONLY someone had intervened before the child actually died, that would be such a blessing. Reading through this case, I'm not sure. I'm not sure this child will ever be able to function in society, at all. This girl may live a long life completely unable to function.

Beyond horrific. How can there be such evil. I HATE THIS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back