775 users online (106 members and 669 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020

    WA - Vashon Island, Wht/Asian Fem, 40s, off Manzanita Beach, Jan'16 - Barbara Bolieu

    The body was spotted about 1:30 p.m. Friday by a man who was rowing about 150 feet off Manzanita Beach.

    She is described as a white or Asian woman in her 40s, about 5-feet-1 and 120 pounds. She had no tattoos. The woman’s hair was dyed brown and she was missing two upper front teeth. She was wearing a size small black sweater, 89th and Madison brand. She was also wearing a white and pink striped dress, sized 9/10. She also wore a small quilted black jacket, Lamour brand, and one gray glove. She was also wearing a Carriage brand gold-face watch with brown leather band.


    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...vashon-island/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020
    King County sheriff's detectives have been unable to identify the woman and are now asking for the public's help. She is described as:

    An Asian or white female in her 40s
    About 5-feet-1-inch in height, weighing 120 pounds, with no tattoos
    She dyes her hair brown (gray roots)
    She is missing the two teeth to the side of the upper front teeth

    She was wearing:

    A black sweater, 89th and Madison brand, size small
    A white and pink striped dress, Jacob size 9/10
    A black jacket, Lamour brand, quilted, size medium
    One gray glove
    A woman's watch, Carriage brand, with a gold face and brown leather band, on her right wrist
    Bra, underwear and stockings
    She also had a red hair band on her right wrist


    http://komonews.com/news/local/sheri...-off-vashon-is

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    8,056
    Was she possibly NA? They can look a bit Asian.

  4. #4
    I haven't looked or mapped anything yet, but I saw Asian & it reminded me of this thread, so forgive me if the 2 aren't even close to one another
    OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 December 2015
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=297152


    The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
    Using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    947
    Can somebody please check this photo of Alyssa as she does seem to have some kind of orthodontics in the right side of her smile (viewer's left)...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    I was ready to discount this possible match to Alyssa because of the clothing but who knows?

    ETA: the link takes you to a recent photo posted on Alyssa's page. It is public.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,125
    This person seems to be deceased from 6 to 12 hours according to this article:

    http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/365489641.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    561
    Just watched some house hunting show that was on Vashon Island. It's a fancy area.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
    Just watched some house hunting show that was on Vashon Island. It's a fancy area.
    I saw that episode the other night, too!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by eucalyptuz View Post
    Can somebody please check this photo of Alyssa as she does seem to have some kind of orthodontics in the right side of her smile (viewer's left)...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    I was ready to discount this possible match to Alyssa because of the clothing but who knows?

    ETA: the link takes you to a recent photo posted on Alyssa's page. It is public.
    She does seem to have some sort of dental work, maybe an implant, at least on the front right tooth, can't tell really about the one next to it, or to the right of the front?


    The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
    Using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020
    Does anyone know what Alyssa was wearing when she disappeared?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenBea13 View Post
    She does seem to have some sort of dental work, maybe an implant, at least on the front right tooth, can't tell really about the one next to it, or to the right of the front?
    Yes, I thought two teeth are a slightly different color and seem to have a unnatural gum line...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,785
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Does anyone know what Alyssa was wearing when she disappeared?
    https://www.facebook.com/findalissa/info?tab=page_info

    Under 'About' in the 4th paragraph...it's written that they aren't sure but likely black tights and a top with either boots or runners....FWIW.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brier, WA
    Posts
    689
    Lots of Vashon is remote or rural in feel. Much is heavily wooded with thick undergrowth. There are lots of steep banks above the shoreline in places, too. It would be possible in many, many areas to hide something in brush and have it make its way down into the water, one way or another.

    Other possibilities would be someone jumping or being pushed off the Vashin ferry. Sadly, people do jump.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripehaven View Post
    Lots of Vashon is remote or rural in feel. Much is heavily wooded with thick undergrowth. There are lots of steep banks above the shoreline in places, too. It would be possible in many, many areas to hide something in brush and have it make its way down into the water, one way or another.

    Other possibilities would be someone jumping or being pushed off the Vashin ferry. Sadly, people do jump.
    She was found "150 feet off Manzanita Beach". I did a quick map search and Manzanita is along the south side of the island, away from the ferry from Vashon to Seattle area.

    There's a ferry nearby from Point Defiance near Tacoma to Tahlequah on Vashon Island.

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...0628a5f18baad9

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,020


    Investigators released photos of the victim's clothing hoping someone might recognize her and contact them.

    The woman appears to be Asian or white in her 40's. She was found wearing a black jacket, a pink and white dress, and a black sweater. She had a grey glove on her left hand and a watch on her right wrist.

    "At this point, we don't believe she had been in the water very long, probably just a few hours."

    Detectives tried to identify her through fingerprints but she does not have a criminal record.


    http://komonews.com/news/local/detec...-vashon-island

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. VA VA - Barbara Monaco, 18, Virginia Beach, 20 Aug 1978
    By Richard in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 06:06 AM
  2. NY NY - Barbara Mamor, 51, Staten Island, 29 June 2004
    By capoly in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 09:44 PM
  3. Found Deceased WA - Kirsten Proffit, 44, Vashon Island, 25 Aug 2014
    By OkieGranny in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 09:38 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 03:53 PM
  5. VA Barbara Jean Moncao (18) - Virginia Beach VA, 1978
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM