1474 users online (253 members and 1221 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Mary 'Rae' Logie, 82, beaten to death, Leven, Fife, 5 Jan 2016

MARY Logie, 82
    Mary-Logie.jpg

Rolling pin murder: Police believe a member of the local community could be key in catching killer

MARY Logie, 82, was found dead in the living-room of her flat in Leven, Fife, at about 8pm on Tuesday January 5 after she had been bludgeoned with a rolling pin.
    Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...M7xXR6tE9U9.99

Det Ch Insp Hardie told BBC Scotland: "I strongly suspect Mary never had the chance to leave her house on Tuesday 5 January.

"That's based on a number of facts, the main one being she was still dressed in her nightdress when she was found dead on the Tuesday evening.

"Also she missed a couple of appointments, which was not like her at all.

"We have no witness sightings of Mary on the Tuesday and so my suspicion is that Mary never had the opportunity to leave the house."
    'Dreadful murder'

Det Ch Insp Hardie added: "My team is following a number of positive lines of inquiry however I'm confident that someone in the local community has crucial information that can help solve this dreadful murder.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-fife-35352277

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...g-pin-1.919723

Possibly the neighbour that has been charged? Not been seen since Mary was killed and ages match?

What a terrible way to end a long life. It sounds like the neighbourhood is quite close knit so they'll be reeling.

Question is, if one of the neighbours did it was it Sandra, or Alex, or both?

Seems only a 40 year old woman has been charged with murder so far so I'm going with Sandra based on that. If we don't see another murder charge maybe we'll at least see an assisting an offender charge?

Wonder what the motive was considering they were supposedly friends? Money?

Quote Originally Posted by 1pinklilies View Post
    She's been charged? I'll have to google as I haven't seen that.
    Posted the link further up the thread. Charged last night.

My home village is about 10/15 miles from here, not seen any chatter from folks at home which is strange as its really not a big place... maybe I need to call my mum more often!

Leven is... well, a bit of a s##thole, drink/drugs and the ensuing crimes are rife. Would a neighbour break in for a couple quid, yup!!

Poor woman, RIP

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...nsioners-cash/

Sandra Weir, 41, told jurors on Tuesday that she “abused” the 82-year-old’s trust when she took money from her between late 2014 and early 2016...

The court then heard that in late 2015 Weir told Mrs Logie that she had financial worries caused by her abusing heroin and losing her job at a solicitor’s office...

Weir, of Leven, was giving evidence on the seventh day of proceedings against her. She denies murdering her neighbour Mrs Logie at her home in the town’s Greengates on January 5 this year and other charges.

Mary Logie murder trial: Sandra Weir guilty of murdering pensioner in Fife

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-fife-38329563

A heroin addict has been found guilty of the "horrific" murder of her 82-year-old neighbour in Fife.

Sandra Weir, 41, battered pensioner Mary Logie to death in her home in Leven in January.

The pensioner suffered multiple head wounds, possibly inflicted by a heavy rolling pin.

Police said Weir was "a callous and uncaring individual who regularly exploited Mary Logie for financial gain".

Weir had been stealing money from Mrs Logie to fund her drug habit.

At the High Court in Edinburgh, Weir had lodged a special defence of alibi claiming that around the time of the murder she was elsewhere in Leven.

She was convicted following a 10-day trial. She will be sentenced in January at the same court.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-12/m...h-rolling-pin/

A heroin addict who bludgeoned her 82-year-old neighbour to death with a rolling pin has been jailed for at least 21 years...

Prosecutors believe the 41-year-old Weir left her victim lying seriously injured but alive for hours during the killing on January 5 last year before returning to deliver the fatal blows.

The cruelty is too horrible to imagine, 21 years is almost a kind sentence.