Questions for WBAY Reporter Emily Matesic

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WBAY reporter Emily Matesic is my guest on the latest edition of True Crime Radio.

Ms. Matesic has been covering Avery for 10 years.

From now on all True Crime Radio shows on iHeartradio.com will be pre-recorded. Since this is the case
please post your questions on this thread for Ms. Matesic and I will personally ask them for you.

The interview takes place tomorrow (Thursday) night at 9:00 PM Eastern. You can listen to the show at around 10:30 PM Eastern Thursday.
I will post the link to the show as soon as it is ready.

Now's your chance. Post your questions to one of the most knowledgeable people on this story.

Thank you,

Tricia

What family members were on the property between 245-345pm on Oct 31 and where were they? Did Chuck and Earl ever provide alibis for this time period, were they asked for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. That said.

Did any of Brendan Dassey's guilty verdicts surprise you?

If so, which ones, and why?

If not, why?

What was your opinion of the emails Attorney Len Kachinsky sent to Kratz, Wiegert, Fassbender, & O'Kelly?

My question is...

Do you know if the key that was found in the Avery trailer is the key that Teresa typically used?Have any of her family or friends ever said it was?

I've seen a picture of the key and the separate lanyard that it attached to. Do you recall if it was ever mentioned where the lanyard itself was found? Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.

Hi Emily,

My question:

Some people are suggesting that Manitowoc County law enforcement (and specifically Link and Colhoun) have done some or all of the following in order to save the county from the pending multi-million dollar civil judgement and to get back at Steve Avery because they hate him:

- Killed Teresa and/or found and burned her body
- Planted Teresa's remains on the Avery property or somehow moved her remains to the burn pit
- Planted the key found in Steve Avery's trailer and planted Avery's DNA sweat on the key
- Found Teresa's SUV, drove it to the Avery property to frame Steve Avery
- Planted Steve Avery's blood inside Teresa's SUV from the 10 year old blood vial from 1995

What is your response to the folks who insist Steve Avery was framed/railroaded and police killed Teresa or planted the evidence?

What was your "take" on the police work and subsequent trials of the Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey? Has it changed since Making of a Murderer?

I'd like to know if ms Emily thinks Steven is innocent.

As we know, Steven Avery was suing for $36 Million dollars for his wrongful conviction. Through research, I have learned (not sure how accurate it is) that the highest payout at that time for a wrongful conviction was $1 Million. My questions are;

1. Do you know if this is correct?

2. Did Law Enforcement, the legal community or anyone else for that matter, truly believe he would be awarded the whole $36 Million?

3. Did you believe he would be awarded the whole $36 Million

Thank you

Thanks for asking Emily questions ...

1) On 10/31/05, did the salvage yard close early due to Halloween at normally it closed @ 5 ?
2) Did Avery salvage have any employees other than Avery family members ?
3) What was Sgt. Colborn's location when the he made the call to dispatch about TH's license plate ?
4) Did LE confiscate all Toyota keys from Avery Salvage and check them in the Rav4 or just the sole key found in SA's bedroom ?
5) Were there any fresh tire tracks out by the gravel pit (near where other bones were found) and were they checked against Teresa's tires ?
6) Did the Dassey's have Internet and were there any timestamps of Brendan playing video games on a server ?

Thanks for asking Emily questions ...

1) On 10/31/05, did the salvage yard close early due to Halloween at normally it closed @ 5 ?
2) Did Avery salvage have any employees other than Avery family members ?
3) What was Sgt. Colborn's location when the he made the call to dispatch about TH's license plate ?
4) Did LE confiscate all Toyota keys from Avery Salvage and check them in the Rav4 or just the sole key found in SA's bedroom ?
5) Were there any fresh tire tracks out by the gravel pit (near where other bones were found) and were they checked against Teresa's tires ?
6) Did the Dassey's have Internet and were there any timestamps of Brendan playing video games on a server ?

PS2 (Dassey's system) did not have internet capabilities. That was one of the system updates on the PS3.

PS2 (Dassey's system) did not have internet capabilities. That was one of the system updates on the PS3.

Thanks, do you know if either Steven or the Dassey's had internet access ?

It's been said that Steven used *67 on 2 calls to TH that morning.....how exactly do we know this and do we know if this was something he routinely did (ie: to hide his number bc of publicity from release) or was this the only time he used *67?
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

This is the photo I was referring to. Thank you again for your time!!

600px-Key_with_lanyard.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back