1333 users online (297 members and 1036 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,227

    AK - Track Palin arrested for 4th degree domestic assault

    ...and his mother, onetime Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin, evidently blames the POTUS for her son's actions.

    "Track Palin was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon on charges of fourth-degree assault, interfering with the report of a domestic violence crime and possession of a firearm while intoxicated."

    "The oldest of Sarah Palinís five children, Track allegedly punched his girlfriend in the eye, kicked her in the knee and then held an AR-15 assault rifle near his head, the 22-year-old woman told police who responded to the incident just after 10 p.m. Monday."

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2502319

    "In her first speech since her endorsement of GOP 2016 front-runner Donald Trump, the outspoken former Alaska governor accused President Obama of neglecting active military members and returning veterans, suggesting that he was responsible for the litany of legal problems her son Track Palin, who was arrested Monday for domestic assault, currently faces."

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2503589

    While I don't dispute the fact that military vets receive inadequate care -- something that has been going on for ages -- this story doesn't hold water for wealthy, well-connected families like the Palins. It's a pretty cheap and dirty play, IMO.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,493
    [From Paul Rieckhoff, who heads Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)]: "This is a great opportunity for Sarah Palin to sound the alarm about PTSD," he said. "Now that she has endorsed Mr. Trump, I would encourage her to talk with him about it. Mr. Trump's campaign is pretty light on specifics about what he would do for veterans."

    Rieckhoff urged Palin to "resist the urge to politicize" PTSD.

    "I hope this doesn't become a portable chew toy in a political campaign," he said.

    This was not Track Palin's first brush with the law. Back in 2014 he was involved in a wild brawl at a house party in Anchorage, during which his sister Bristol allegedly punched the host repeatedly in the face. No arrests were made and no charges were filed.

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/veterans...havior-n500716

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    Lovely family. Barf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Lovely family. Barf.
    Isn't it though?
    Just my opinion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,267
    If I were rich enough to afford the best medical care available and my son came home from a war with a physical or mental issue, and I was either unsatisfied with the care he had received or believed he might benefit from the additional care I could provide, I would make arrangements to get him that care.

    We must all be aware that even the "best care money can buy" can't always guarantee desired results.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    If I were rich enough to afford the best medical care available and my son came home from a war with a physical or mental issue, and I was either unsatisfied with the care he had received or believed he might benefit from the additional care I could provide, I would make arrangements to get him that care.

    We must all be aware that even the "best care money can buy" can't always guarantee desired results.
    Indeed. But if the best care money can buy does not bring results, I don't see how that justifies blaming the POTUS.

    But more to the point -- is there any reason to think that this boy has PTSD?

    I would humbly submit that the children of politicians generally get pretty safe assignments. But even if he was treated like an ordinary joe, which, again, I highly doubt -- do we have any evidence that he faced the sort of stressful assignments that can give one PTSD?

    Also, I have to wonder, what are the rates of PTSD among short-haul vets? I believe that any amount is too high. And I wonder what the rates are for people with access to the sort of mental and physical health care that he had?

    This whole story is sorry. If Sarah Palin thinks that PTSD is unavoidable with the sort of real-life mental health care to which her son had access, how could she ever justify sending anyone into combat? Or, alternately, does she think that vets (I'm not sure to what extent 'Track' is a true combat vet -- though he may well be) have a green light to do the sorts of things he did, because they are incurable but necessary?

    This is all a very poorly thought out political gambit.
    Last edited by Montjoy; 01-20-2016 at 11:31 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,201
    It's exactly what I would expect from her.

    I hope he stays far away from his girlfriend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Indeed. But if the best care money can buy does not bring results, I don't see how that justifies blaming the POTUS.

    But more to the point -- is there any reason to think that this boy has PTSD?

    I would humbly submit that the children of politicians generally get pretty safe assignments. But even if he was treated like an ordinary joe, which, again, I highly doubt -- do we have any evidence that he faced the sort of stressful assignments that can give one PTSD?

    Also, I have to wonder, what are the rates of PTSD among short-haul vets? I believe that any amount is too high. And I wonder what the rates are for people with access to the sort of mental and physical health care that he had?

    This whole story is sorry. If Sarah Palin thinks that PTSD is unavoidable with the sort of real-life mental health care to which her son had access, how could she ever justify sending anyone into combat? Or, alternately, does she think that vets (I'm not sure to what extent 'Track' is a true combat vet -- though he may well be) have a green light to do the sorts of things he did, because they are incurable but necessary?

    This is all a very poorly thought out political gambit.
    If she's going to blame Obama for her son's PTSD I would like to know - has he been diagnosed? Sought treatment? Ordinarily I would say that's not our business, but if she's going to throw it around she needs to explain herself.

    I don't want to seem like I'm making light of PTSD, but in this case, IMO, she's trying to use it as both an excuse for her son and an attack on Obama.

    I think Track did serve in Iraq for a year or two and then joined the reserves. People have different thresholds for traumatic experiences and I would never say only combat vets get PTSD. He may very well have it. (If he does? Thank you for broadcasting his private mental health issues Mrs. Palin.)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I don't want to seem like I'm making light of PTSD, but in this case, IMO, she's trying to use it as both an excuse for her son and an attack on Obama.
    rsbm

    I'm not sure what I think is worse. I can understand a politician using whatever s/he has to score points, but I think it's pretty shameful to use politics to justify a soldier beating his wife.

    On the other hand, I completely understand a mother trying to protect her son. But I can't stomach someone using a political event to try to minimize the physical violence her military trained son did to his wife.

    Either way, it's a truly shameful display. Just...no. I feel only anger and distrust for anyone who salutes the 'flag' that Palin has put up here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    rsbm

    I'm not sure what I think is worse. I can understand a politician using whatever s/he has to score points, but I think it's pretty shameful to use politics to justify a soldier beating his wife.

    On the other hand, I completely understand a mother trying to protect her son. But I can't stomach someone using a political event to try to minimize the physical violence her military trained son did to his wife.

    Either way, it's a truly shameful display. Just...no. I feel only anger and distrust for anyone who salutes the 'flag' that Palin has put up here.
    I'm angry too. This takes three of my biggest personal concerns and places them under the dysfunctional umbrella of Sarah Palin and and I want to scream.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    It's exactly what I would expect from her.

    I hope he stays far away from his girlfriend.
    I hope she never has to see him again. I don't know what is worth being punched in the eye, kicked in the knee, and then having a family justify the acts because they want to score a political point.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    I hope she never has to see him again. I don't know what is worth being punched in the eye, kicked in the knee, and then having a family justify the acts because they want to score a political point.
    Nothing, but it's not always simple. She needs support and help facing a powerful enemy. I don't know what the laws are like in Alaska, and who knows what he's done to her sense of self-worth. It won't be easy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,510
    The Palins... Keeping it classy since- wait, never mind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    1,133
    I don't have anything to say that you all haven't already said.

    Bristol Palin punched someone repeatedly in the face at a house party. Was that when she was pregnant again or right before?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,296
    This entire family seems to have "issues". Having read a book about Sara's bizarre behaviors during John McCain's run for the presidency, there was most definitely something wrong with her. (Sorry I can't remember the name of the book. It was written by the campaign worker who was assigned to "babysit" her.)

    The only good thing to come of Sara's reappearance on the political scene is that we may see Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live once again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NYC-Donald Fagen arrested for domestic assault, 1-5-16
    By wendybtn in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. GUILTY NE - Baby girl stillborn after domestic assault, Omaha, 10 March 2006
    By amom in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 11:03 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
  4. NSU track athlete arrested after gunfire at Fla. resort
    By lizzybeth in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:40 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 05:53 PM