Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

dalsglen

Reaction score
That is very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really is!! Hopefully someone comes forward that knows him! Reminds me very much of my old neighbour, thankfully he had quite a few tattoos so this def aint him as no tattoos listed

Baffled police probe mystery death of well-dressed pensioner who travelled
200 miles from London to lie down and die on Moors murder mountain

Detectives stumped by the death of a pensioner who lay down on the Moors murder mountain have released CCTV footage in a bid for answers.

Mystery surrounds the death of the smartly-dressed pensioner who took the train from London to Manchester and climbed a large hill in atrocious weather.

The man - thought to be around 70 - was wearing slip on shoes and had £130 in cash in his pockets and three train tickets he purchased the day before.

Despite numerous appeals, police have been unable to identify the man, whose death is not being treated as suspicious.

Footage taken from December 11 shows the man walking through Manchester Piccadilly Station.
---
more, with pictures, at link above

Perhaps we have another Taman Shud-like case here.

Interesting to note he was carrying medication

The Levothyroxine Sodium (standard treatment for hypothyroid conditions) may well be the key to identifying him, assuming it was indeed his own medication.

The NHS pulls hypothyroid patients in for annual bloodtests and, having established the correct dose, then allows the patient to order 6 prescriptions, each for 2 months supply. So in the very near future there is an elderly hypothyroid male patient from London or the south east who will either not turn up for his annual bloodtest or will not make any further prescription requests. I'd have thought that talking to GPs practices in the area, showing his photo and details of the likely doseage, may produce a result.

It would also be worth circulating his photo and dose information to pharmacies in the region as this guy will have to have been a regular user of dispensing services.

The Levothyroxine Sodium (standard treatment for hypothyroid conditions) may well be the key to identifying him, assuming it was indeed his own medication.

The NHS pulls hypothyroid patients in for annual bloodtests and, having established the correct dose, then allows the patient to order 6 prescriptions, each for 2 months supply. So in the very near future there is an elderly hypothyroid male patient from London or the south east who will either not turn up for his annual bloodtest or will not make any further prescription requests. I'd have thought that talking to GPs practices in the area, showing his photo and details of the likely doseage, may produce a result.

It would also be worth circulating his photo and dose information to pharmacies in the region as this guy will have to have been a regular user of dispensing services.

Ah now theres a brilliant plan melmoth!!

snip

Hey wait, I take levothyroxine -- perhaps it's me! (Sorry! This really is an excellent idea by MTL.)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/indians-head-dovestone-body-found-10747491
The lay-by where the man's body was found by a walker on Saturday, December 12

JS80440685.jpg dovestone-man-2JPG.jpg

At 9.07am he bought a ticket to Euston Station where he was seen going to booth three and paying £81 cash for a return to Manchester Piccadilly. It departed at 10am and arrived in Manchester at 12.07pm.

Once at Piccadilly he appeared to be in no hurry, spending about 50 minutes in various shops at the station - including Boots and M&S - buying food.

He then spent four and half minutes at the information counter, although enquires have not established why he spent so long there or what he was asking about.

Then he went to the taxi rank at Piccadilly’s 'rear' entrance near Fairfield Street before coming back into the station and heading out of the station through the front entrance.

Came across an interesting walking/hiking blog about this area. Found this part extremely interesting.

"When I finish a walk I often find myself contemplating life, realising perspective, and reminding myself how lucky I am to be alive. I crossed the stream below Rams Clough then followed a path to the right to head back down through a beautiful woodland area to the road I left earlier. On the descent through the woods I came across a Life for a Life memorial forest. Life for a Life is a charity that offers the chance to celebrate or commemorate loved ones by planting memorial trees and installing memorial benches in woodland locations across the country. I made the mistake of reading some of the memorial plaques by the trees and ended up a lot more emotional than I normal end up after finishing a walk"

http://trekkingbritain.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/black-chew-head-from-dovestone-reservoir.html

Well this is strange. As someone who regularly travels "over the tops" I can confirm Saddleworth Moor makes me shudder every time. It's so bleak up there (it's usually raining) and you can't help but think about all those poor children that the Moors Murderers buried up there. It's nowhere near anywhere else so this gentleman clearly went there intentionally, I wonder if he is in any way linked to any of the victims?

"Fun" fact 1 - the M62 motorway at that point is the UK's highest motorway
"Fun" fact 2 - there is a farmhouse slap bang in the middle of the motorway, the farmer refused to sell up when it was being built, so his home is now in between the lanes with tunnels built under the road so he can get to his land.
"Fun" fact 3 - I once left my friends house having watched the film Jeepers Creepers. The M62 was shut so we drove back over the moors. Just at the point we realised we were running low on petrol and had zero phone reception I swear to god the Jeepers Creepers song came on the radio. We bricked it. Never going up there again!

Someone in comments of earlier posted article has mentioned plane crashing on the same hill in 1949 with lots of people killed and some families wiped out, however there were 8 survivors.

19th August 1949, BEA Dakota G-AHCY crashed on Wimberry Stones Brow above Dove Stones Reservoir in Saddleworth on its final approach to Manchester Airport, having flown from Belfast.

Looking Down from the crash site
3819654983_7629da4b05_o.jpg

http://aircrashsites.co.uk/air-crash-sites-5/bea-dakota-g-ahcy-looking-towards-dovestones-reservoir/

8 survivors - two women and six men. From family of five, only one boy survived. Perhaps him or some other survivor wanted to rest in peace with his family?

More information and name of the survivors.
http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/pages/peakdistrict/peakdistrictg-ahcy.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1949_Manchester_BEA_Douglas_DC-3_accident
http://hydonian.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/frank-wortley-pinkerton-sergeant-pilot.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back