1160 users online (216 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    http://infotel.ca/newsitem/sask-shooting/cp36112578

LA LOCHE, Sask. - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says five people have been killed and two were critically injured in a school shooting in northern Saskatchewan.

Speaking from Davos, Switzerland, Trudeau said the alleged shooter is in custody.

More coming

Here's a link from about 10 mins ago:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...an22-1.3416143

(PM had also said 2 others were in critical condition.)

No!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Multiple other sources are reporting five dead, unfortunately. Two in critical condition. Think good thoughts or prayers for these two, there's still a chance.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...an22-1.3416143

Edit: New information from press conference states there were actually four deceased. Misinformation got out in the very beginning.
    Last edited by Ellie9; 01-22-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: new info

This is so sad.... and being Canadian, and from Saskatchewan, I can't count how many times I or someone I know has said "thank goodness those things don't happen here". How terrible for that community and those families, all involved.

"What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.
    --Thomas Sowell

4 confirmed deceased...not releasing ID of victims...ongoing investigation

number of others injured

lockdown lifted

no risk to public safety...one in custody...won't name him/her of course. (gah)

Taking a few questions now.
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.
    --Thomas Sowell

they will not release ages / genders of any victims.

WSJ on phone asking about the initial 5 killed...She only confirms 4 dead and other injuries. Not sure of number of other injuries.

(Didn't Trudeau say 5? Ugh)

2 investigative sites...High school and "somewhere else" she won't disclose.????

300 block of Dene Crescent(?) in Laloche (Most likely a house)

Won't name or give age of suspect. (shocker) Won't even answer if he/she is a minor or adult.

Group chat of some sort where shooter said he was about to go to the school and start shooting. (asked by reporter). LE said they never heard about that.

Okay, I'm done. Nobody is in here anyway. Lol
    Last edited by JLSChook; 01-22-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    --Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
    WSJ on phone asking about the initial 5 killed...She only confirms 4 dead and other injuries. Not sure of number of other injuries.

2 investigative sites...High school and "somewhere else" she won't disclose.????

300 bk Danay Cresent (?) in Laloche (Most likely a house)

Won't name or give age of suspect. (shocker) Won't even answer if he/she is a minor or adult.

Group chat of some sort where shooter said he was about to go to the school and start shooting. (asked by reporter). LE said they never heard about that.

Okay, I'm done. Nobody is in here anyway. Lol
    Thank you for posting!

The discrepancy on the fatalities, not sure what to make of it (things are fluid and it could change again). It would be heartbreaking to say it's 4 then have it be 5 again. We may never know...?

It's an horrific situation regardless. I'm bracing myself for the release of info on the victims.

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Quote Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post

The RCMP originally confirmed five fatalities. They now confirm four. I watched the press conference and the spokeswoman’s explanation for that, made no sense to me. She seemed to just be rambling. If that is the best spokesperson they have, it doesn’t surprise me they would get facts wrong.

Chief Supt. Maureen Levy’s explanation “With a tragedy such as this, a lot of information going back and forth,”.

Suspect 'opened fire in the building': At least four dead, one person in custody, in La Loche school shooting
    Last edited by KaaBoom; 01-22-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Canada: School shooting in La Loche, Sask.

It certainly seems by the context of the commentary I'm reading (classmates that witnessed their friends going down but were too afraid to look back, instead running for their lives) that at least one student was shot.

The Saskatoon Star Phoenix article posted by KaaBoom also quotes multiple sources as stating there was a secondary scene.

[...]
    According to multiple sources, there was a shooting incident at a residence in the community, followed by a shooting at the school soon after. RCMP said investigators on Friday afternoon and into the evening were at two locations: a residence in the 300 block of Dene Crescent and the Dene building.
    [...]

I believe the news will get worse before it gets better. I hope I am wrong.

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    Thank you for posting!

The discrepancy on the fatalities, not sure what to make of it (things are fluid and it could change again). It would be heartbreaking to say it's 4 then have it be 5 again. We may never know...?

It's an horrific situation regardless. I'm bracing myself for the release of info on the victims.

I am also bracing myself as this school was from6/7 to grade 12

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35388594
    _87863411_canadalalochesaskatchewan4640116.png

"
    There was lots of screaming, there was about six, seven shots before I got outside. I believe there was more shots by the time I did get out."

La Loche is an aboriginal community of about 3,000 people.

It is located about 500km (311 miles) north-west of the city of Prince Albert.

This is said to be Canada's worst school shooting since 14 people were killed by a gunman at Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique in 1989.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ol-Canada.html
    In 2014, a teacher expressed concern about violence at the La Loche school, citing an incident where a student who had tried to stab her was put back in her classroom after serving his sentence, and another attacked her at her home....

Sounds like there may have been some isolated incidents in the past there.

What a sad winter day today for many families. What is wrong with some people ??
    Thinking and praying for the wounded as well.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast