Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said.

"And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

3 months, still no sign of missing toddler
Chelsea Brentzel
POSTED: 10:39 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015 -- UPDATED: 10:51 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015

LEADORE, Idaho - After a three month investigation into the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr., law enforcement is going back to the drawing board and re-interviewing everyone involved that day...
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15

DeOrr Kunz Jr deserves the person or persons responsible for his disappearance to come clean and lead them to his remains. Dogs or no dogs, it is a huge area to search in an effort to find tiny little bones. They need at least one person to give up his location and let those who do love him give him a proper burial.

Do the right thing for DeOrr Jr even if it means you will do the time. He must haunt your dreams at night playing hide and seek with your conscience. His little laugh and smile must burn like a hot poker inside your head.

It is really silly to argue about dog scents when I know in my heart he will be almost impossible to find with or without them. I still think it is possible he was dead before the trip. I am not so sure he is on that mountain. DeOrr Sr. made the statement he was not. He could be on another mountain in the distance or not anywhere near there and closer to home.

Wow thread 16. :( Where are you baby boy??

For those that believe Deorr died accidentally or by homicide, and that at least one of the four people camping with him are responsible, it seems most think either IR did it or the parents. I don't think I've seen anyone question ggpa's actions, yet he was the last person with Deorr before he vanished (IF the parents are being truthful about leaving him with ggpa to go exploring). In my mind this makes him a POI regardless of his age or health.

Ggpa had the 'opportunity'. Not sure what a 'motive' could be for homicide, but perhaps it was an accident on his watch (such as Deorr wandering away and drowning in the reservoir) and ggpa went into a panic when he found Deorr's body and pulled it out and hid it (this could explain why the dogs led down to the reservoir and back but Deorr was not found in the water).

Ggpa can't be as weak as initially made out to be in MSM if he was able to drive, and JM and DK felt he was a good candidate to babysit their son. So maybe IR came back from fishing and helped cover the death. Since he was friends with ggpa and not Deorr's parents, he may have felt more pressure to help ggpa out of a jam than to tell the truth to the parents. I don't know how he would have had time to dispose of the body, or where. This would explain why IR asked the reporter "what did ggpa" say when questioned.

BTW I don't necessarily feel strongly about this theory, just trying to explore all angles. I haven't seen or heard much from ggpa in the media. Seems like he is too quiet for somebody who was last known to see Deorr alive.

For those that believe Deorr died accidentally or by homicide, and that at least one of the four people camping with him are responsible, it seems most think either IR did it or the parents. I don't think I've seen anyone question ggpa's actions, yet he was the last person with Deorr before he vanished (IF the parents are being truthful about leaving him with ggpa to go exploring). In my mind this makes him a POI regardless of his age or health.

Ggpa had the 'opportunity'. Not sure what a 'motive' could be for homicide, but perhaps it was an accident on his watch (such as Deorr wandering away and drowning in the reservoir) and ggpa went into a panic when he found Deorr's body and pulled it out and hid it (this could explain why the dogs led down to the reservoir and back but Deorr was not found in the water).

Ggpa can't be as weak as initially made out to be in MSM if he was able to drive, and JM and DK felt he was a good candidate to babysit their son. So maybe IR came back from fishing and helped cover the death. Since he was friends with ggpa and not Deorr's parents, he may have felt more pressure to help ggpa out of a jam than to tell the truth to the parents. I don't know how he would have had time to dispose of the body, or where. This would explain why IR asked the reporter "what did ggpa" say when questioned.

BTW I don't necessarily feel strongly about this theory, just trying to explore all angles. I haven't seen or heard much from ggpa in the media. Seems like he is too quiet for somebody who was last known to see Deorr alive.
GGPA probably isn't into SM and doesn't care two hoots about the spotlight. However, those 3 are the ones who gave LE the timeline and not IR. Klein mentioned there is a problem with the timeline. One reason why he wants to go back is to square it away with a real reenactment instead of the sham of one Vilt tried to pull off (imo).

I'm sorry, I may have linked the wrong video earlier. I intended to link the unedited version.

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

At about 1:42 SB talks about the 2 tracking dogs initially used, his and another Sheriff's, who tracked Deorr's scent up to the reservoir.

"They were given a scent, they went from the campground, up to the reservoir and back to the campground"

I understood this to mean that the dogs followed the scent up to the reservoir. Maybe I'm wrong?

Wow thread 16. :( Where are you baby boy??

16,000 posts on social media have not accomplished a single thing

I predict Klein will end up providing zilch to this case

I predict if this case is ever solved , it will be that DeOrr wandered off , and no other persons are directly responsible.

I am done posting unless there is some breaking news. Take care everybody

:) best wishes from the best seat in the house :)

[video=youtube;umNxOAYJDQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNxOAYJDQI[/video]

16,000 posts on social media have not accomplished a single thing

I predict Klein will end up providing zilch to this case

I predict if this case is ever solved , it will be that DeOrr wandered off , and no other persons are directly responsible.

I am done posting unless there is some breaking news. Take care everybody

:) best wishes from the best seat in the house :)

[video=youtube;umNxOAYJDQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNxOAYJDQI[/video]

Bye, Arnie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been questions about what "on the mountain" means. Is it Leadore and the campground? Just the campground? The whole Lemhi range?
The map below may help refresh memories about the geography of the area. JMO, I don't think "on the mountain" refers to Leadore. It could refer to the whole Central Lemhi Range, or just the drainage that Stone (Timbercreek) Reservoir is in. It probably depends on who is using the term.

This particular map is from a Trail/Dirt Bike riding site. The reservoir is a little blue dot between the red and green balloons. If you roll over the areas, you will see the Stone Reservoir and the names of the trails. You can also zoom in and out.

Note the contrast between where Leadore is in the valley, and the mountains. Also note the extensive series of interconnected trails. As I said, this is a website for bike trail riding, but couldn't ATVs also go on the trails? Certainly trucks could drive the mile past the reservoir, and maybe beyond. I don't know if there were any ATVs available when little Deorr went missing.

You can go from one campground to another; notably from Timbercreek campground to Big Eight Mile Campground.

The latest report on these trails (specifically about a mile past the reservoir) was made June 28, 2015; just 12 days before Deorr went missing. It says the trails were dry and ridable.

There is a wealth of information on this site, I found it interesting anyway. I don't have a theory about what happened, but I do believe that it is helpful to understand the area and the terrain. There are many places a tiny body could be, especially if someone had even an hour to disappear him. JMO.

http://www.trailforks.com/trails/stone-reservoir-road-172/

Totally OT but every time I see that photo, it looks like there is a giant spider on the monkey's face (and it momentarily freaks me out).

Totally OT but every time I see that photo, it looks like there is a giant spider on the monkey's face (and it momentarily freaks me out).
OT/ Monkey looks well loved and cuddled. I guess the yarn/thread is stretched out a little there?

I wonder if either parent took any cell phone photographs on their camping trip? Haven't seen or heard about any. Seems like just the opportunity for some adorable photographs of great memories.

OT/ Monkey looks well loved and cuddled. I guess the yarn/thread is stretched out a little there?

I think there were probably stitches/knots for the monkey's nostrils/ nose, and they became undone. Monkey is much loved.

I wonder if either parent took any cell phone photographs on their camping trip? Haven't seen or heard about any. Seems like just the opportunity for some adorable photographs of great memories.
This was my thoughts from the beginning. Where are the pictures?

At about 1:42 SB talks about the 2 tracking dogs initially used, his and another Sheriff's, who tracked Deorr's scent up to the reservoir.

"They were given a scent, they went from the campground, up to the reservoir and back to the campground"

I understood this to mean that the dogs followed the scent up to the reservoir. Maybe I'm wrong?

Yesterday, I was talking about how we hardly know a goshdarn thing about what the family did together. If we knew they walked to the reservoir, that might . . help . . .

Just a thought on the texting while on the trip to town..JMOO but it could simply be because the cell signal wasn't very good at the campsite and they took the opportunity to text because they got better signal on the trip. I have done the same thing while camping in an area with poor cell service.

View attachment 87866

“He doesn’t go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey. All three of them were left at the campground.” Mitchell told EastIdahoNews.com. “We’ll continue to look until he’s found. We don’t care how long it takes.”

This picture ...

I cannot imagine leaving him up on that mountain, exposed to the elements and animals (or even buried up there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member