GUILTY MI - Rosemary Reinel, 79, Sturgis, 20 Sept 2005

Dark Knight

Reaction score
(WLKI Radio) Sturgis, Michigan, Police are turning to the public to help find a missing 79-year-old woman. They say Rosemary Reinel planned to visit family in Florida but never arrived. She hasn't been heard from since September 20th. Reinel has a white 1993 Buick Riviera 2 door with Michigan license plate T-C-R-9-5-8.

ok, can we get the destination and the route she was supposed to be traveling.

Dark Knight said:
(WLKI Radio) Sturgis, Michigan, Police are turning to the public to help find a missing 79-year-old woman. They say Rosemary Reinel planned to visit family in Florida but never arrived. She hasn't been heard from since September 20th. Reinel has a white 1993 Buick Riviera 2 door with Michigan license plate T-C-R-9-5-8.

How far is it from Michigan to Florida? This lady looks like such a gramma. I don't think I would want my gramma traveling all by herself at 79 yrs old. She may be active and independant but she is still 79 yrs. I hope that nothing has happened to this little lady. Makes me sick to think what harm could befall her.

There are indications she may have changed her mind at the last minute before her planned trip. No further details, however.

:( I sure hope she's alright...
and that they find her soon
and safe.

love,

Ariel

Dark Knight said:
There are indications she may have changed her mind at the last minute before her planned trip. No further details, however.

Any word? I woke up this morning with a feeling that she met up with the manhunt guy (Melvin Keeling, whose van was found in Gary, Indiana). By the map Gary is only 100 miles from Sturgis. Could she have travelled this way to pick up a friend or relative to go on the trip with her and then could he have carjacked her? Or could he have travelled to Sturgis and taken her and her car hostage? I know this is farfetched, but stranger things have happened.

Rosemary Reinel's car was found in Sarasota, FL on Tuesday. Police arrested Dannie Gayheart in Sarasota on unrelated charges at 7:30pm this evening. He was to drive Reinel to Florida, it was learned, and is a person of interest in this case as a result. Sturgis, MI police in a press release said they believe she may have become a victim of foul play. The investigation is continuing.

Dark Knight said:
Rosemary Reinel's car was found in Sarasota, FL on Tuesday. Police arrested Dannie Gayheart in Sarasota on unrelated charges at 7:30pm this evening. He was to drive Reinel to Florida, it was learned, and is a person of interest in this case as a result. Sturgis, MI police in a press release said they believe she may have become a victim of foul play. The investigation is continuing.

Such a sad update, DK. I was so hoping for better news.:(
I pray they have answers & find her soon.

with much love,

Ariel
:(

Police believe missing Sturgis woman is victim of foul play

September 30, 2005

STURGIS (News 3) - Sturgis Police, working with the F.B.I., have found the car of a missing 79-year-old Sturgis woman.

Rosemary Reinel was last seen Tuesday, September 20th, at her Sturgis apartment complex. Friends say she planned to drive to Florida to visit family.

Police now believe Reinel went to Florida with an acquintance, 53-year-old Dannie Gayheart.

Gayheart and Reinel's car were found in Sarasota, FL, however Reinel is still missing.

Gayheart has been arrested by the F.B.I. for unlawful flight, and a parole violation. Sturgis Police are calling him a "person of interest." Police are working to extradite Gayheart back to Michigan.

http://wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=...kout_local.html

]Man jailed in Florida linked to missing Sturgis woman

<snip>

Wednesday night, 53-year-old Dannie Gayheart was arrested in Sarasota, Florida for violating his parole.

24 Hour News 8 obtained an FBI affadavit that shows Gayheart was going to drive Reinel from Sturgis to Florida.

Sturgis police returned from Florida Thursday with a box of evidence they obtained form Reinel's car.

24 Hour News 8 learned Gayheart and Reinel lived across the hall from each other in the same community home.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3919350&nav=0Rce

fourboys said:
]Man jailed in Florida linked to missing Sturgis woman

<snip>

Wednesday night, 53-year-old Dannie Gayheart was arrested in Sarasota, Florida for violating his parole.

24 Hour News 8 obtained an FBI affadavit that shows Gayheart was going to drive Reinel from Sturgis to Florida.

Sturgis police returned from Florida Thursday with a box of evidence they obtained form Reinel's car.

24 Hour News 8 learned Gayheart and Reinel lived across the hall from each other in the same community home.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3919350&nav=0Rce

I wonder what this guy was on parole for....I wonder how long Mrs. Reinel had known him and how she met him. I wonder what they found in her car.
I also wonder if the cops had known all along that this creep was supposed to drive her to Florida and I wonder why one of the papers said "Reinel and Gayheart's car was found...... that must have been an error like so much ends up being in the media.

She lived across the hall from him huh? I wonder what she had that he wanted. Dam him anyway. That poor lady...79 yrs old. How could she have even begun to protect herself. He must have really snowed this poor lady acting like a good guy when his whole intent was evil.

I hope LE find her for her family's sake. This is so heartbreaking. How can a person hurt someone this old....someone's gramma!

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder what this guy was on parole for....I wonder how long Mrs. Reinel had known him and how she met him. I wonder what they found in her car.
I also wonder if the cops had known all along that this creep was supposed to drive her to Florida and I wonder why one of the papers said "Reinel and Gayheart's car was found...... that must have been an error like so much ends up being in the media.

She lived across the hall from him huh? I wonder what she had that he wanted. Dam him anyway. That poor lady...79 yrs old. How could she have even begun to protect herself. He must have really snowed this poor lady acting like a good guy when his whole intent was evil.

I hope LE find her for her family's sake. This is so heartbreaking. How can a person hurt someone this old....someone's gramma!
(WLKI Radio) There's been a breakthrough in the investigation of a missing Sturgis woman and police say foul play may have been involved. Sturgis Director of Public Safety David Northrop says that on September 27th, the car belonging to 79 year old Rosemary Zarza Reinel was recovered by the Sheriff's Department in Sarasota Florida. Reinel had been reported missing on September 22nd. Reinel had planned on driving to Florida to visit family, but had not arrived. Police learned that 53 year old Dannie Gayheart had agreed to help drive Reinel to Florida, but had also not been seen in several days. Gayheart is currently on parole for the crime of False Pretenses of $20,000 or more. Sturgis Police went to Florida to examine Reinel's car for any clues to her location. With the help of the FBI, officers learned that Gayheart had family and friends in the Sarasota area. On Thursday night, police arrested Gayheart at a friend's house in Florida. Gayheart is being held in Sarasota County Jail.

Police in Sturgis are working with the FBI to find out what happened to a missing West Michigan woman.

Fifty-three year-old Dannie Gayheart is behind bars in Sarasota, Florida, for violating parole. He is being called a person of interest in this case, as police believe he was supposed to drive Reinel down south before she went missing.

Last week, police returned from Florida with a box of evidence taken from Reinel's car.

Reinel lived in an assisted living apartment in Sturgis. Her friends say Gayheart often visited a man who lived across the hall from Reinel. One neighbor tells 24 Hour News 8, she saw Gayheart helping a woozy Reinel into her apartment the night before she disappeared.

"She looked over at me and she said, 'Wilma, I've been to the bank, and I've closed out of my account. I wished I hadn't of,' she said. 'I closed out my account, but I'm not going to Florida right now on account of the hurricane.'," Wilma Hill, a friend of Reinel's, told 24 Hour News 8.
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3926942&nav=0Rce

mysteriew said:
Police in Sturgis are working with the FBI to find out what happened to a missing West Michigan woman.

Fifty-three year-old Dannie Gayheart is behind bars in Sarasota, Florida, for violating parole. He is being called a person of interest in this case, as police believe he was supposed to drive Reinel down south before she went missing.

Last week, police returned from Florida with a box of evidence taken from Reinel's car.

Reinel lived in an assisted living apartment in Sturgis. Her friends say Gayheart often visited a man who lived across the hall from Reinel. One neighbor tells 24 Hour News 8, she saw Gayheart helping a woozy Reinel into her apartment the night before she disappeared.

"She looked over at me and she said, 'Wilma, I've been to the bank, and I've closed out of my account. I wished I hadn't of,' she said. 'I closed out my account, but I'm not going to Florida right now on account of the hurricane.'," Wilma Hill, a friend of Reinel's, told 24 Hour News 8.
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3926942&nav=0Rce

This sounds very ominous. I didn't realize he had only been paroled a month before that.

She told a female neighbor that she had closed out her bank account but wished she hadn't done it....she was woozy? What the heck! I wonder how much money she had in the bank...that must be the key to this whole thing.
I hate people that take advantage of the elderly. I wonder why he was living in an assisted living place. I don't think this is going to be a happy ending.

How tall is she? A body was found in Florida:
http://www.local6.com/news/5054786/detail.html
INDIALANTIC, Fla. -- A visiting Massachusetts couple found an elderly woman on the beach early Tuesday, according to Local 6 News.

The gray-haired woman was discovered lying face-down on the sand about 7:45 a.m., below the intersection of Wavecrest and Eighth Avenue, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported.

Brevard Sheriff's Homicide Agent Tod Goodyear said there were no immediate signs of trauma, but the case is being regarded as suspicious pending an autopsy by the coronor's office.

Goodyear said the woman, who was found nude, may have entered the churning surf, which was being kicked up by an ocean storm, Florida Today reported.

"If she was in the water, it doesn't appear she was in for very long," Goodyear said. "The surf is so strong that it will just tear your clothes off."

Goodyear said he hopes the woman can be identified through a MedicAlert bracelet she wore on her left wrist. He described her as about 5-2 and 100 pounds.

"She doesn't appear to be a transient," Goodyear said. "We hope she has some relatives nearby who can identify her based on her description. I would think she's someone's mother or grandmother."

Nicholas and Barbara Ottomaniello of South Hadley, Mass., who are visiting their son in Indialantic, said they were out for a walk when they found the victim.

absolut said:
http://www.wndu.com/news/102005/news_45187.php

New info but it is from the man who is behind bars. So make of it what you will.

He says now that she left her car at a bus station so that she could ride the bus to Florida and he could drive her car there???? Now that really makes a lot of sense. A 79 yr old woman would rather ride on a uncomfortable bus then ride in her own car? If she did decide to ride the bus why would she even need him to drive her car anywhere? This guy isn't making sense at all.

I wonder if the body on the beach is Rosemary? I sure hope not. The height is wrong but that might be a mistake. If Rosemary had reached Florida surly she would have gone to a relatives. You would think her relatives would have been questioned by now...not looking good but hope is still alive here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back