1107 users online (230 members and 877 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI - Austin Ramos, Jr., 5, Killed in Road Attack; Suspect Fled

Austin R. Ramos Jr.

Beloit, Wisconsin -
    A 5-year-old boy riding in the back seat of his father's car in southern Wisconsin was killed after an SUV pulled up alongside them and someone opened fire, authorities said.

Police were searching Saturday for the person responsible for the attack, which happened Friday night in Beloit, a city 65 miles southwest of Milwaukee along the Illinois border. The boy, who the Rock County medical examiner's office identified Saturday as Austin Ramos Jr., was shot at least once in the abdomen and died at a hospital.

He died from "firearm related trauma" and investigators were conducting additional testing, the medical examiner's office said in its news release.

Interim Police Chief David Zibolski said the sport utility vehicle had been following the father's car. He said he didn't know long the SUV had pursued the car or if the father was the intended target, but added that the father was cooperating with authorities.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/y...-fled-36471978
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

How horrible. This is too close to home for me.
    Rip Austin and prayers for the family.

Oh no!! how sad.

This chit is really getting old.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Who does this? He was a child, just an innocent child ... how very sad. Please find whoever did this and let there be justice for this little boy.

Rest in Peace, dear Austin

Wow, really no info other than just he was killed. I wonder if the father was gang-related or if this was road rage.

How horrible.

[...]
    Austin was riding in the back seat of his father's car near Shopiere Road and Prairie Avenue when a maroon SUV pulled up alongside them and someone opened fire, authorities said.

He died from "firearm-related trauma," and investigators are conducting additional testing, the medical examiner's office said in a news release.

Interim police Chief David Zibolski said the sport utility vehicle had been following the father's car. He didn't know how long the SUV had pursued the car or whether the father was the intended target, but the father is cooperating with authorities. Police are reviewing surveillance video recorded near the shooting scene.

Zibolski said investigators hadn't determined how many shots were fired. The father was not hit.
    [...]
    Austin's mother, Jasmin Martinez, is an assistant manager at the Great Clips hair salon in Machesney Park. Her co-workers established a GFM page to help the family, and by Saturday night they had collected more than $12,000.

[...]

Patty Walker, a bus driver with the School District of Beloit Turner, took Austin to an afternoon special-needs program at Powers Elementary School in Beloit the past two years. He was known as "Junior," Walker said.

"He liked to smile and make people laugh," an emotional Walker said. "He was just a very good boy. I (have) special-needs (students) on my bus and they can be hard to handle. He took everything in stride."

Austin was a fan of the Chicago Bears; Walker prefers the Packers. She said he would tease her with "Bears rule, Packers drool."

[...]

http://m.rrstar.com/article/20160123/NEWS/160129734

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Grandmother of 5 Year-Old Boy Shot and Killed in Beloit Speaks Out
    [...]
    "This was a five year old baby he's innocent.. I mean he was sitting in the back seat playing his gameboy, riding with his daddy. Somebody's gotta know something. I hope," Said Alicia Martinez, Grandmother of Ramos.

Police say a car was following behind junior and his dad on Shopiere Road, just West of Prairie Avenue, when another vehicle pulled up along side them and started shooting.

Investigators say the pre-schooler was shot in the stomach and later died at the hospital.

"You know it's not acceptable to the Beloit Police Department or the community that this type of violence occurs. Certainly no one expects to have their five year old taken from them in this fashion," Said Beloit Interim Police Chief, David Zibolski.

Martinez can't figure out what the motive could be for what she says is a senseless crime.

"I would say it was a random act because I don't know who would want to hurt either one of them. My son has spent his life making sure he's a wonderful Father," Said Alicia Martinez, Grandmother of Ramos.

She called junior her sunshine.

[...]

Embedded video & MUCHMore@Link

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/G...vice=phone&c=y

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

WI - Austin Ramos, 5, Killed in Road Attack; Suspect Fled

Wisconsin boy, 5, shot to death in back seat of dad's car
    30 min ago
    [...]
    Police say they are also not sure how many shots were fired but the boy's father was not hit. They have no suspects or even a description of the suspects and do not know how many people were in the SUV. The vehicle is described as a late 1990s or early 2000s maroon-coloured SUV. Police are now going through surveillance video from the area in an attempt to get a better description.
    [...]
    A vigil for Junior is being planned for today.
    [...]

Read more:
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/c...#ixzz3yASUKfSe

ETA: MSM is now naming the victims as "Austin Ramos Jr. aka 'Junior'or 'Jr.'"

#RIPJr.

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @