1041 users online (194 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Niagara-on-the-Lake, WhtMale, 40-45, in Lake Ontario, Oct'15

I searched and did not see a thread for this John Doe.

His body was found October 8, 2015, in the waters of Lake Ontario by Niagara-on-the-Lake.

- white man with olive complexion
    - 40 to 45 years of age
    - short brown hair
    - 5'10"
    - 220 lbs

From the police press release issued January 22, 2016:

At this time investigators have been unable to identify the male and are requesting the public's assistance by releasing a photo of the shoes the male was wearing upon his recovery. The shoes are a loafer style, European shoe size 43, blue in colour, denim appearance, with a plaid liner.

Anyone with information concerning the shoes including details where such shoes may be purchased are asked to contact Niagara Regional Police Service, 2 District Detective Office.
    shoes___Gallery.jpg

A lot of tourists visit the Niagara area so he really could be from anywhere, but if he was only visiting, I'd hope someone would have noticed him missing (like wherever he was staying).

It's possible he was a migrant worker too, because that area has a lot of seasonal migrant workers. The area is part of the Niagara fruit belt. October seems late for a migrant worker, but that's when he was found. I wonder how long he was there..

Men's EUR size 43 is CAN size 10. You'd think that if both of these loose loafer shoes were still with the body, that the deceased couldn't have been in the water long, nor travelled downstream very far.

I wonder if we'll get more information.

Police are asking for information about where the shoes may have been purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2 View Post
    It's possible he was a migrant worker too, because that area has a lot of seasonal migrant workers. The area is part of the Niagara fruit belt. October seems late for a migrant worker, but that's when he was found. I wonder how long he was there..
    That's a good point.

According to an article from September 2015:

"About 16,000 overseas workers come to Ontario throughout the year, with 2,860 of them working this year on Niagara farms, orchards and greenhouses. They come from Mexico, Jamaica and the Caribbean islands and have to apply through their home country's ministry of labour."
    http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...niagaras-farms

John Doe would be large for a male from Mexico (average height is only 5 feet 4.5 inches, and 165 lbs).