1186 users online (191 members and 995 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Jefferson Heavner, 26, shot, killed by drunk driver, Catawba County, 22 Jan 2016

Apparently no good deed goes unpunished...

Marvin Lee

Catawba County, North Carolina -
    The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office says a 27-year-old Good Samaritan was shot and killed yesterday by a man he stopped to help.

The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Jefferson Heavner of Newton.

Investigators say the suspect, Marvin Jacob Lee, has been charged with first-degree murder and will appear in a Catawba County court on Monday. The sheriff’s office says Lee was drunk when he ran his vehicle off the side of Mathis Church Road during the snowstorm on Friday afternoon.

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Thanks los2188.....I read about this earlier.....why is our world so cruel anymore? Good Samaritan murdered - this is so wrong. It's just plain, freakin wrong.

Bloomington IN
    This guy's missing something, like morals and brains.

So often you hear stories about people being hurt and ignored by passersby. Those stories always make my blood boil but cases like this is exactly why people don't help! They fear for themselves if they get involved. It is so sad people are hurt or lose their lives just trying to be a decent human being. How awful rip

Plus, he had a toddler son.
    What a horrible and disgusting act -- if this doesn't merit the death penalty-- I don't know what does.
    And I do not care if M.L. was drinking. When ones chooses to drink and go out driving, one is responsible for whatever happens next.
    My .02.

Rest in peace, Jefferson ! My sympathies to your loved ones and especially your little guy !