823 users online (112 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grenada - Jessica Colker, 39, Atlanta woman murdered, 24 Jan 2016

U.S. Embassy: Caribbean vacation turns deadly for Atlanta Woman

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...for-atl/nqCCK/

A man being quizzed over the brutal rape and murder of an American tourist in Grenada had only been released from prison a month ago after being jailed for child rape

This is such an awful incident. It appears that Jessica and her husband were taking a walk on a beach near their hotel. The beach was quiet but there were other holiday makers on it, including families with children. The couple were attacked with a sword on the beach and husband ran to get help. By the time help arrived, Jessica had been dragged away, raped and killed.

It sounds absolutely barbaric. RIP Jessica.

I know Jess..knew Jess.
    This is sad and shocking. I hate to think of what her last few moments were like.

Quote Originally Posted by K.jill View Post
    I know Jess..knew Jess.
    This is sad and shocking. I hate to think of what her last few moments were like.
    I did too. We went to intermediate and high school together. We were both in the school band for a few years before I quit. She played the trumpet. I couldn't believe it when I saw the news reports.

Quote Originally Posted by K.jill View Post
    I know Jess..knew Jess.
    Quote Originally Posted by DropthePuck View Post
    I did too. We went to intermediate and high school together. We were both in the school band for a few years before I quit. She played the trumpet. I couldn't believe it when I saw the news reports.
    I'm sorry for both of you. It's sad that these jerks are let loose to do whatever they want.

This story as its been reported seems odd. I'm curious what circumstances would cause me to leave my wife behind with a man wielding a sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/am...-beach-n504366

Autopsy results released by police on Tuesday said Colker "died as a result of extensive skull fracture and asphyxia."

I was expecting COD to be from knife/sword wounds.
    Yesterday reports stated the couple were attacked by a man with a cutlass sword.

What ever happened to Jess is so awful, evil, disgusting and needless.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2.../22597662.html

ST. GEORGE'S, Grenada -- A man accused of killing a tourist from Georgia in a machete attack on an isolated beach in Grenada made his first appearance Wednesday before a judge on the Caribbean island to face a charge of capital murder.

Dave Martin Benjamin did not enter a plea and was not given an opportunity to speak in the brief hearing. A lawyer has not yet been appointed to represent him. The 27-year-old could get the death penalty if convicted. Grenada has not carried out an execution since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by JoCoKSEyes View Post
    This story as its been reported seems odd. I'm curious what circumstances would cause me to leave my wife behind with a man wielding a sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was my first thought too (NOT blaming husband, just curious). I read somewhere (will have to track down a link) that she was being held for ransom and he ran back to the hotel to get cash. When he returned, they were gone. That seems like the only plausible explanation. I really can't imagine my husband leaving me though, but it's hard to say until you're in that situation.

Found it:

"Sir Winston said he was unable to divulge why Colker was left alone with the alleged killer while her husband ran over half a mile to get help.
    But a police source said it was likely Colker was held hostage while her husband was ordered to return to the hotel to get money.
    During the time he was away Colker was raped and killed. Her body was found an hour after the alarm was raised. Meloti did not suffer any injury."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3yUY4h3zv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Absolutely horrific and in the prime of her life... Hopefully, they'll put away the perp for good this time?
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Found it:

"Sir Winston said he was unable to divulge why Colker was left alone with the alleged killer while her husband ran over half a mile to get help.
    But a police source said it was likely Colker was held hostage while her husband was ordered to return to the hotel to get money.
    During the time he was away Colker was raped and killed. Her body was found an hour after the alarm was raised. Meloti did not suffer any injury."

Thank you for finding and posting this Brownrice.
    This scenario explains why the husband left. I knew there had to be a good explanation. He must be absolutely devistated.
    This was such a horrible crime. I am outraged when something like this happens to a stranger. This happening to someone I knew haunts my mind. I have been trying not to dwell on the details because it is so awful but my mind keeps going back to wondering what she went through.

Found it:

Thanks for this, BrownRice. The husband has been getting lambasted for leaving her and I had a hard time believing he would just leave her there without a good reason. It makes sense now. That poor man will have to live with this awful, horrendous thing for the rest of his life and I feel so bad for him. They had only been married 14 months. I keep thinking of how I remember her from middle and high school: smart, quirky, kind and carrying her trumpet case through the halls.

Found it:

I'm so glad you posted this bit. When I initially read this story, this information wasn't known yet. The comments section was filled with brutal comments directed towards the husband for so-called "abandonment" of his wife. My heart absolutely broke for him because I knew it was going to be something like this - that he was forced in some way to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
    I'm so glad you posted this bit. When I initially read this story, this information wasn't known yet. The comments section was filled with brutal comments directed towards the husband for so-called "abandonment" of his wife. My heart absolutely broke for him because I knew it was going to be something like this - that he was forced in some way to leave.
    I kept going down that rabbit hole and reading the comments, and I shouldn't have, because people can be so cruel and judgmental. My heart broke for him as well. Those armchair warriors weren't there and they have no idea what really happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast