CANADA Canada - Shelley Desrochers, 41, London, Ont, 2 Jan 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Shelley Desrochers
1297798021788_ORIGINAL.jpg

Friends of Shelley Desrochers using social media in search for missing London woman

London, Ontario, Canada -
The worried friends of a London woman missing for several weeks have taken to social media to find her and express frustration over police handling of the case.

Shelley Desrochers, 41, has not been seen for several weeks, friends say, and her Facebook account, on which she posted several times a day almost daily, was last active Jan. 2.

“We all just hope she makes it home. Shelley is a loving mother and friend and we all are worried as it's been almost a month now,” Tammy Brown told The Free Press.

London police confirmed Monday they're investigating the disappearance of the woman.

Friends have expressed frustration on Facebook that police seem to be dragging their heels on the case and wonder why a missings person release has not been issued.

But police spokesperson Const. Sandasha Bough said police received information about Desrochers Thursday and have been investigating since.

“We are looking for her. We are looking into it,” Bough said.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/01/26/f...|+The+London+Free+Press#.Vqd3zROvQSI.facebook

https://www.facebook.com/prettysunshinegirl

sharon.jpg

London Police have yet to issue a formal release about her disappearance, but Cst. Bough says they aren’t ruling out issuing a release in the future.

“We don’t put media releases out when somebody is missing unless they are deemed to be in imminent risk, for example weather related, whether or not it is medical related. In 2015, we had 1633 missing person reports, so we put those missing reports out when the individual is deemed to be in imminent danger.”
http://www.inews880.com/syn/104/761...e-of-shelley-desrochers-last-seen-january-2nd

Why oh why is there nothing in the news about this woman?

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/01/29/friends-worried-about-missing-london-woman-shelley-desrochers
London woman Shelley Desrochers are growing after a week of intense searching, widespread media coverage and a police investigation have failed to solve the mystery.
“She is not the kind of person to take off for a month. I just don’t get it,” Jennifer Bogle said Friday. “I’ve never known her to really leave London and I’ve known her for 12 years.”
Friends spent the past week putting up posters downtown and in east London, canvassing merchants in the same areas, and checking with cab drivers and others to see if anyone had seen Desrochers.
The search has received increasing mainstream and social media coverage.

As far as I can see there is nowhere stated where she was last seen and with whom she was at that time, whether it was day or night, whether she left in her car, took all her personal belongings, etc etc.

Last nights CTV London news indicated that friends say there were several reported sightings of her two weeks ago near the intersection of Maitland and Horton.

This kind of blew me away. I'm 30 minutes from London, see the LFP and am980 (London station) news reports EVERY day on my SM feeds and have seen nothing about this poor woman. I suppose part of that could be FB's obnoxious way of NOT showing you everything on your feed, but still. This LFP article says:

Shelley Desrochers, 41, has not been seen by her friends for several weeks or been active on Facebook since Jan. 2, prompting fears about her safety.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/01/26/f...|+The+London+Free+Press#.Vqd3zROvQSI.facebook

Okay, well she's active on SM then nothing after 01/02. Where does she work? When did co-workers or family last see her? Does she have a particular weekly routine like stopping at Timmy's on ABC street for a coffee or hitting the gym on Tues./Thursday? Also from the article:

"Several of her friends said they canvassed east London streets Tuesday" Okay so we know (or can assume) she lives/works on the east side of London, at least? Hard to know for sure since the London Police Services haven't actually issued any kind of a missing person's report for a person who's been MISSING for 4 weeks as of tomorrow. Although, in their defense the LPS says they didn't even know until last week:

Cst. Sandasha Bough confirms that police are investigating her disappearance, but say a missing persons report was not filed until last Thursday. “I can’t comment on why they didn’t notify us right away. I can tell you that since we received the information, the occurrence has been assigned to our missing persons officer and they have been continuing with any information that they receive from the public, friends, family.”
http://www.am980.ca/2016/01/26/lond...-of-shelley-desrochers-last-seen-january-2nd/

That was posted on the 26th, so they didn't even get a MPR until 01/21. Ugh.

WHO waits THAT long to contact police when a loved one goes missing?? :(

I notice that Shelley is or was very active on social media as she has a MySpace account, YouTube, meet me, fb, google account and Linkdin which says she has experience at Fub. What is Fub at non exist?

I live near London so this one came up in my Facebook feed from a friend. I agree, absolutely no details have been given for us to even begin to speculate. There is a "Team Shelley" Facebook page setup to try and help find her.

A quick google image search brings up a picture from her Google Plus page of her and a man in front of slot machines somewhere. Hopefully people know who this man is, and if not he is being looked into. I wouldn't know where to start to figure that one out.

This kind of blew me away. I'm 30 minutes from London, see the LFP and am980 (London station) news reports EVERY day on my SM feeds and have seen nothing about this poor woman. I suppose part of that could be FB's obnoxious way of NOT showing you everything on your feed, but still. This LFP article says:

Okay, well she's active on SM then nothing after 01/02. Where does she work? When did co-workers or family last see her? Does she have a particular weekly routine like stopping at Timmy's on ABC street for a coffee or hitting the gym on Tues./Thursday? Also from the article:

"Several of her friends said they canvassed east London streets Tuesday" Okay so we know (or can assume) she lives/works on the east side of London, at least? Hard to know for sure since the London Police Services haven't actually issued any kind of a missing person's report for a person who's been MISSING for 4 weeks as of tomorrow. Although, in their defense the LPS says they didn't even know until last week:

http://www.am980.ca/2016/01/26/lond...-of-shelley-desrochers-last-seen-january-2nd/

That was posted on the 26th, so they didn't even get a MPR until 01/21. Ugh.

WHO waits THAT long to contact police when a loved one goes missing?? :(

bbm - and according to the first article posted here she's a mom as well. How was she not reported missing for weeks? Something else must be going on that is not said. Has she disappeared before? Does she have a gambling habit? etc just speculating imo

I have a feeling from reading through comments on Facebook that she may have been a XX worker .... not sure if I am allowed to write it here. There are comments about marginalized women, police not deeming her worthy of being a missing person etc. Maybe I am reading too much into it.. but at the same time there is no mention of where she worked anywhere.

The CTV London newscast I referenced earlier states that friends have said Shelley had fallen on hard times the last couple of months. This one feels like Vanessa Fotheringham all over again.

How many of these women have disappeared in London? This is creeping me out that it is so close to where I live.

The CTV London newscast I referenced earlier states that friends have said Shelley had fallen on hard times the last couple of months. This one feels like Vanessa Fotheringham all over again.

I dug around a fair bit last night and there's a ton of rumor and speculation on FB, and none of it paints this woman in a very positive light. Despite all that, she's missing and needs to be located.

Shelley sure is loved and missed by her friends and loved ones from what I am reading. They have created Team Shelley and hail from Ontario and out west (Kamloops) and they want to know where Shelly is. It sounds like she might of fell on some hard times prior to going missing. I wish though that we could get some more information about her, interests, where she hung out, where she lived, who she lived with, married? Divorced? More on Fub? What was her state of mind when last seen? We need more to go on.

Maybe someone should message the Team Shelley page to let them know about the websleuths page on her? Maybe they could join and share what is known.

I notified the page admin.

Some things that might help to know...

What neighborhood did she live in?
What did she leave behind?
When did her son last hear from her (I think she has a teenage son from photos?)
Who heard from her last?
When did people notice she was missing?
There was a note that someone noticed her cell phone logging in to Facebook - but not answering messages etc. What time of day was that happening/how often?
Did she ever leave London/where would she go?
Was there anything that happened over New Year's that would have caused her to run away?
Had she mentioned anyone "new" in her life?

Maybe someone should message the Team Shelley page to let them know about the websleuths page on her? Maybe they could join and share what is known.

Bit of an update.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/02/01/l...helley-desrochers-did-not-access-bank-account

A missing London woman has failed to access funds from her bank account, raising more fears about her disappearance.

“It is something she always did. It has raised concern for us,” Const. Sandasha Bough said Monday.

Shelley Joy Desrochers, 41, was expected to access her bank account Jan. 29, police said.

Police released more details about the disappearance Monday.

The investigation began after she was reported last seen in the area of Ernest and Bradley Avenues about 2 p.m. Jan. 2.

It's now believed Desrochers was last seen on Jan. 5, about 10 a.m., on foot, in the area of Hamilton Road and Rectory Street, Bough said.

Nothing about those sightings raised concern or suspicion, police said.

Desrochers is described as 5' 2” tall, about 141 lbs, with a medium build, long straight light brown hair, and hazel eyes.

Friends describe Desrochers as having a unique walk with a "pigeon toe" that should be easy to spot.

Police confirmed that description Monday.

"She has a distinctive walk with an in-toe gait," Bough said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 519-661-5670.

I would assume they expected her to access her bank acct Jan 29th because of a government deposit.

Glad at least they have released a missing persons report now. Somebody must have seen something, like her getting into a vehicle.

I thought London was safe! Ugh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back