1008 users online (214 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

AZ - Daniel Shaver, 26, fatally shot by LE, Mesa, 18 Jan 2016

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...lice/79125068/

I am interested to see what the body cameras show.

I searched to see if Daniel has already been posted, didn't see anything. I came across this morning a fb page. I'll look for it too.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/prob...ay-be-lengthy/

Reading the fb page, I am not sure if they are legally married. But she talks about how she had to call around to find Daniel, who she found at the coroner office.

Why didn't his work wonder what happen to him and contact her?

Doubt that this story will attract much interest.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

AZ - Daniel Shaver, 26, fatally shot by LE, Mesa, 18 Jan 2016

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ple...-begging-life/
    http://ktar.com/story/989850/report-...olice-officer/

I'd say "unbelievable", but it really isn't unbelievable at all any more, is it?

"The police report in the death of Daniel Shaver, released Tuesday, quoted the man as saying “please don’t shoot me,” sobbing and appearing panicked before being fatally shot in a Mesa hotel room on Jan. 18. Former Mesa Police Officer Philip Brailsford has been charged for the second-degree murder of Shaver and has since plead not guilty."

"When Shaver was ordered to crawl to officers, he allegedly made a slight movement toward his waistline. Brailsford then allegedly opened fire, hitting Shaver five times and killing him. No weapons were recovered from Shaver’s body, but officers found two pellet rifles in the hotel room, which they later determined were related to his pest control job, police said."
    (Quoted text from the KTAR article.)

The police aren't releasing the body cam video (surprise, surprise!). I wonder why?

Well, at least this heroic officer can rest easy knowing that he got home safely, after shooting this unarmed father of two.

Granbury, TX man

His wife is very pregnant and she had to fight hard to get this investigated from her home in Granbury, a suburb of Ft. worth/Dallas, Tx.

This case has been heavily covered in local media since this happened. If you want to have more details

wfaa.com

fox4.com

cbsdfw.com

nbcdfw.com

startelegram.com

dallasmorningnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post

I'd say "unbelievable", but it really isn't unbelievable at all any more, is it?

"The police report in the death of Daniel Shaver, released Tuesday, quoted the man as saying “please don’t shoot me,” sobbing and appearing panicked before being fatally shot in a Mesa hotel room on Jan. 18. Former Mesa Police Officer Philip Brailsford has been charged for the second-degree murder of Shaver and has since plead not guilty."

"When Shaver was ordered to crawl to officers, he allegedly made a slight movement toward his waistline. Brailsford then allegedly opened fire, hitting Shaver five times and killing him. No weapons were recovered from Shaver’s body, but officers found two pellet rifles in the hotel room, which they later determined were related to his pest control job, police said."

The police aren't releasing the body cam video (surprise, surprise!). I wonder why?

Well, at least this heroic officer can rest easy knowing that he got home safely, after shooting this unarmed father of two.
    I doubt if the officer can "rest easy". He's been charged with murder.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Do you think one of the reasons might be they don't want to release it if they settle the case? If the officer takes the plea deal the video might not have to be entered as evidence and no one need ever see it. Which would mean no demonstrations and no calls for justice from the public. JMO

Other records released by Mesa police show that Brailsford was accused of using inappropriate force when he and other officers took three people into custody several months before Shaver’s death.
    Surprise, surprise.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 03-30-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    I doubt if the officer can "rest easy". He's been charged with murder.
    Good point. Well, at least he can rest easy in knowing that many people will cheer him for killing a man in cold blood, since he is a LEO, who more than most people (despite being paid a premium for risk) is entitled to get home safely at night.

This police report makes very interesting reading:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/306337619/...-Police-Report

I've been following this case for quite sometime. I posted back in January wondering what really took place. Reading the report, my emotions were all over the place. I am curious why all those officers didn't ask them to place their hands on the walls, and to do a quick search.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDaniel/?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Do you think one of the reasons might be they don't want to release it if they settle the case? If the officer takes the plea deal the video might not have to be entered as evidence and no one need ever see it. Which would mean no demonstrations and no calls for justice from the public. JMO

Surprise, surprise.
    If the video is released, there still would be no demonstrations or calls for justice. There are no interest groups representing his demographic pushing for justice. Not claiming there should be. JMO.

Good point. Well, at least he can rest easy in knowing that many people will cheer him for killing a man in cold blood, since he is a LEO, who more than most people (despite being paid a premium for risk) is entitled to get home safely at night.
    IMO, police officers aren't paid a premium for the risk they take. The average police officer's salary is $54K. The average plumber's salary is $46K. The average librarian salary is $56K. The average computer programmer salary is $60K. The average teacher salary is $47K (teachers in some districts deserve combat pay, imo). The average physical therapist salary is $79K.

I'm not disputing the facts about the shooting, but imo police officers aren't paid enough to compensate them for the risks they face. I can't imagine the stress of knowing that even a routine traffic stop can turn deadly fast.

^^^

Depends where you are. In many jurisdictions in Canada, a 5-year officer is making close to 100K with overtime:

http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/...Officer/Salary

That's a decent premium IMO, and a whole lot more than other frontline workers (including teacher, nurses, etc) are paid. Perhaps some of that premium should be spent on requiring more and better training on the way in -- a degree, mentoring, etc. -- in order to improve both the quality of incoming officers and reduce the likelihood of this seemingly endless series of incidents of beatings/shootings.

s

Idk about other jurisdictions, but in our area (Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area) police officers do have bachelor degrees and are mentored.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast