1243 users online (237 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tom DeLay Indicted

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9507677/

Texas grand jury expands scope of investigation as deadline to act nears

WASHINGTON - A Texas grand jury’s recent interest in conspiracy charges could lead to last-minute criminal indictments — possibly against House Majority Leader Tom DeLay — as it wraps up its investigation Wednesday into DeLay’s state political organization, according to lawyers with knowledge of the case.

Conspiracy counts against two DeLay associates this month raised concerns with DeLay’s lawyers, who fear the chances are greater that the majority leader could be charged with being part of the conspiracy. Before these counts, the investigation was more narrowly focused on the state election code.

More at link
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Gee, I hope he doesn't have to go back to pest control.

Link

BREAKING NEWS
    NBC News and news services
    Updated: 1:07 p.m. ET Sept. 28, 2005

WASHINGTON - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader.

Wow that's big news. He looks and acts like a mean man to me. I like Trent Lott 100 times better, especially after his recent leadership in Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    Gee, I hope he doesn't have to go back to pest control.
    LMAO His business was/is quite lucrative. I wonder how it would be if he started it back up.

I"ve lived in Houston, and you'll do anything to get rid of roaches and termites there.

How does he look in a mask and a little spray can? No, I'm sure he'll retire and do good works.

This has been an obvious long time coming, IMO. I will keep my remaining comments for the political forum, but I will say that this is a step in the right direction.

I"ve lived in Houston, and you'll do anything to get rid of roaches and termites there.

How does he look in a mask and a little spray can? No, I'm sure he'll retire and do good works.
    I live in Houston also. Man!!! Roaches are my BIGGEST fear. Those big ole flying tree roaches. You can never tell where you might encounter one. I'll probably die of a heart attack one day running and screaming when I see one.

DeLay indicted, will step aside as majority leader

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, forcing the House majority leader to temporarily relinquish his post.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/28/de....ap/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I live in Houston also. Man!!! Roaches are my BIGGEST fear. Those big ole flying tree roaches. You can never tell where you might encounter one. I'll probably die of a heart attack one day running and screaming when I see one.
    Well obviously you haven't seen the snakes, tarantulas and scorpions that I live with.

The other day I had a snake on the front drive with an orange stripe down it's back. I told my husband about it later, he shrugged, and the next night he opened his tool box and THERE IT WAS - curled up inside.

Scorpions hurt and are the worst. But roaches are just horrible.

Speaking of snakes, better get back on topic.

I guess he has just stepped down temporarily. I don't guess this helps the Bush administration right now; when it rains it pours.
    Last edited by Marthatex; 09-28-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Well obviously you haven't seen the snakes, tarantulas and scorpions that I live with.

The other day I had a snake on the front drive with an orange stripe down it's back. I told my husband about it later, he shrugged, and the next night he opened his tool box and THERE IT WAS - curled up inside.

Scorpions hurt and are the worst. But roaches are just horrible.

Speaking of snakes, better get back on topic.

I guess he has just stepped down temporarily. I don't guess this helps the Bush administration right now; when it rains it pours.
    Oh no. I couldn't handle all that.

Grand Jury Re-Indicts DeLay on New Charge

More at link

AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas grand jury on Monday re-indicted Rep. Tom DeLay on charges of conspiring to launder money and money laundering after the former majority leader attacked last week's indictment on technical grounds.

The new indictment, handed up by a grand jury seated Monday, contained two counts. The money laundering charge carries a penalty of up to life in prison. The charge of conspiracy to launder money is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Last week, DeLay was charged with conspiracy to violate campaign-finance laws, forcing him to leave his leadership position.

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. I'm so sick of politicians I swear they all bicker just to bicker. If one takes a stand about something the other HAS to take the opposite stand.

And I'm wondering if the only thing they all care about as far as picking another Supreme Court judge is..."how do they feel about 'Roe vs Wade?"
    Is that the only thing that the Supreme Court deals with? Aren't there other issues just as important? A person wouldn't think so. I can sure think of a few.

I don't know much about DeLay but I'm wondering if he isn't being set up to get him out of his post. That guy with the hill billy name sounds like he is after blood just to be after it....and there may not even be any there. If he is out for revenge or to get rid of DeLay and it all blows up in his face he would be smart to hop a plane for Nowhere.

DeLay isn't being set up. He's as corrupt as they get.

I know what you mean about "Roe v. Wade" not being the only issue. I think the problem is that it has become a litmus test for an entire set of beliefs. Probably not fair to the issue or to the country.

Roe v Wade has stood for 32 years through Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II. Supreme Court Justices Douglas, Brennan , Stewart, White, Marshall, Burger, Blackmun, Powell, Rehnquist, Stevens, O'Connor, Scalia, Kennedy, Souter, Thomas, Ginsburg, Breyer, Roberts, .

Only 2 Justices sitting in the last decade or more were appointed by Democrats. Politicians use the morality of it as Political Leverage but IMO no Court is ever going to overturn it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast