Found Deceased NJ - Michael Ortega, 21, Jersey City, 19 January 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Michael Ortega
-0e988605f65cab59.jpg

Police search for missing Jersey City man

Jersey City, New Jersey -
Photo of Michael B. Ortega, 21, of Jersey City, who has been missing since Jan. 19, 2016. He is 5-foot-9 and weights 213 pounds, police said. Anybody with information pertaining to Ortega is urged to contact the Jersey City Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 201-547-5427 or 201-547-5424.

-4d240c55e8fbb506.jpg
-b60d1a64418a1453.jpg

http://photos.nj.com/4505/gallery/p...ing_jersey_city_man_jan_26_2016/index.html#/0

Left all his ID'S, cards and cash at home? Wish there was more information!

I also wish there was more info- like what time he was last seen at. I drove near that corner on Tuesday on my way back from the vet (not that I would have noticed him either way) but I wish we knew whether it was day or evening when he was spotted outside his house. There are lots of bodegas, a supermarket, some fast food places, and a park that people like to walk around and hang out near to where he lives. It's possible he stepped out with just a few dollars to run and get a snack or take a walk. As you may know, we were buried under 28' of snow here on Friday and there are still lots of places that have yet to be shoveled out.

I'll keep my eyes open for him when I'm nearby where he lives. I'm hoping he hopped on some public transportation into NYC or Hoboken and waited out the storm in a train station or otherwise ended up in warm spot. :(

This is so sad. So far there's no updates. There are home-made looking posters with his photo tacked on telephone poles and walls every few feet all the way down Central Avenue (the main retail district close to his home) for at least a mile, and I've spotted them other places around the city as well. His family and friends have been working very hard to get his picture out everywhere he may have gone in the hopes someone recognizes him and can help find him. My heart goes out to them. I hope he's located soon.

Oh God such a kind face! I hope he's found safe.

He was last seen by his family wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt at the corner of Hague Street and Summit Avenue in the Jersey City Heights.

Ortega, who is described as a light-skinned Hispanic male, left his wallet with his identification, credit cards and cash, as well as his car keys at home on the day of his disappearance.

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full...old-Michael-Ortega--missing-for-over-a-week-?

:rose: RIP Michael :rose:

RIP Michael.

Isn't this the second one is recent months from this area?

Very sad to hear this. What happened?

RIP Michael.

That's so sad. So many of the missing people from this area end up in the Hudson, either accidentally or by their own hand. Such a shame, he had a whole lifetime ahead of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back